Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default PB starts website/facebook group, boycotts Papa Johns

http://www.sogoodblog.com/2008/05/03...state-of-ohio/

Quote:
Update: I have received word that Papa John’s has formally apologized for the incident. Click over to So Good’s front page to read about the apology and other updates on the story from the past 24 hours. My original post about the “Crybaby” T-shirts appears below:

Earlier tonight I attended the Washington Wizards and Cleveland Cavaliers playoff game 6 at the Verizon Center in DC. Over the course of my night, one thing really surprised me. A few fans around the arena had shirts mocking Lebron James. The shirts had the number 23 on them, with the word “Crybaby” across the back. This kind of taunting is common at NBA arenas. But what was most shocking was that the shirts featured the Papa John’s logo, and appeared to be sponsored by, and paid for by, Papa John’s Pizza.

Quote:
Does Papa John’s Pizza Hate the State of Ohio?
May 3rd, 2008 · 24 Comments
Update 5/4. 1:30 AM: The snowball effect continues. Someone has started a Facebook group titled “Cavs fans that will never eat Papa Johns ever again”

Update 5/4, 12:15 AM: Earlier today the Cleveland Plain Dealer interviewed me for a story about these shirts. Their story has now been posted on the Plain Dealer website. It notes, among other things, that the decision to give out these shirts was NOT authorized by the corporate office.

Update 5/3, 11:30 PM: Less than 24 hours after So Good broke the story, someone has put up a website called Boycott Papa John’s.

I thought this was interesting cause I was at wiz/cavs game 6 and saw the dudes with the shirts on. We all (the crowd) thought it was hilarious and cheered, and when bron saw the shirts they showed his face on the bigscreen and he didnt look too happy.

On another note, i'm pretty sure papa johns wont take any kind of significant hit from this. People buy pizza according to their taste, not their fav ball players.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: PB starts website/facebook group, boycotts Papa Johns

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
http://www.sogoodblog.com/2008/05/03...state-of-ohio/

I thought this was interesting cause I was at wiz/cavs game 6 and saw the dudes with the shirts on. We all (the crowd) thought it was hilarious and cheered, and when bron saw the shirts they showed his face on the bigscreen and he didnt look too happy.

On another note, i'm pretty sure papa johns wont take any kind of significant hit from this. People buy pizza according to their taste, not their fav ball players.

Is this a joke?Those pictures are from MSG and I thought you live in Cali?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I live in D.C. And its not a joke.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Truly sad that a group of "fans" can have so little going in their lives that the LeBron t-shirt actually decides their eating habits.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: