Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Noteable moments relating to NBA games floating in your mind

What are all the noteable moments (dirty, supposedly accidental, crazy shots, funny, etc.) that you remember forever in NBA games?

Things that notoriously stuck in my mind so far:
#1 Kobe's 81 pts night
#2 Clippers Kayman balls got grabbed by some other dude. (LOL)
#3 Raja Bell playing dirty hooking Kobe's neck
#4 Ginobilli got blacked eyes like Sparky.
#5 ??
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Noteable moments relating to NBA games floating in your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
What are all the noteable moments (dirty, supposedly accidental, crazy shots, funny, etc.) that you remember forever in NBA games?

Things that notoriously stuck in my mind so far:
#1 Kobe's 81 pts night
#2 Clippers Kayman balls got grabbed by some other dude. (LOL)
#3 Raja Bell playing dirty hooking Kobe's neck
#4 Ginobilli got blacked eyes like Sparky.
#5 ??

I remember when that happened. At first, all I saw was Kaman give a hard shove to Reggie Evans after the play was over and I was like WTF did he do that for?
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

-AI's corssover on MJ
-Dr.J's rock the cradle on Coop
-Steve Francis' look when he got drafted by Vancouver
-Barkley's brawl with Laimbeer
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Horry missing a 3pt shoot at the buzzer ; SAS vs LAL round 2 game 5 ... it was the shoot for a 3-2 ...to finish in home ;it was the shoot for a legendary 4-peat
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Jordan killing the Jazz in the finals. That one shot is burned in my mind forever.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
kidachi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQy61RvJPbY

Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-swift dunking on yao
-baron davis half court shot vs. mavs in the playoffs
-tim thomas game tying three in game 6 vs. the lakers
-jamal crawford's insane 3 pointer game winner vs. the nuggets
-jamal crawford dropping 50+ on the heat

there are so many... i will just leave it at this
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

rzp,
I remember that. I didn't expect Horry to get it right anyway.

Kidachi,
LOL Damn!

hateraid,
What was Steve Francis face suppose to look like?
AI crossover to MJ in what way?

StroShow4,
I remember that Tim Thomas guy...I was like WTF is that guy? He was killing the Lakers.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star

e20dyl4n has an OK reputation so far

2005 finals when horry dunked all over the pistons hurt his shoulder then came back and hit a 3 in there face. gotta love it
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #10
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

michael ruffin+toronto raptors vs. washington wizards

rasheed wallace hitting a 3/4court 3 pointer off an inbound steal with 1.5 second left in regulation versus the nuggets. that miracle shot sent the game to ot, and pistons ended up winning
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 AM   #11
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

-the phantom foul on Hubert Davis in game 5 of the 1994 playoffs that cost us the game and possibly the NBA Finals

-Jordan's game winner in Utah to win the 6th championship

-When the Bulls traded Brand on draft day

-Rodman shooting 3's as a Bull

-Pacers / Bulls ECF in 98
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #12
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

- 92 NBA Finals Chicago/Portland ... more because of Marv Albert actually, his "did you see that look ... Michael indicating he can't believe it" has to be one of the most memorable calls in pro sports.

- Rodman pretty much being everywhere in 1995-96.

- Reggie Miller, Madison Square Garden, Spike Lee, Pacers, Knicks ... nuff said. That was unbelievable.

Pretty much anything NBA on NBC ... the 90s NBA just seems a lot "warmer" and more vibrant than today's game IMO.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For some reason I prefer Rodman's long 2 in the '98 Finals Game 6. Don't get me wrong Jordan's shot was pretty damn amazing, but for some reason I just loved Rodman's shot, then he ran back down the court with has hands held high and saying "Who knew, who knew?"
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #14
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

a non bulls/suns one

horry in the 02 WCF. heartbreaking
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know I posted this recently, but it is still one of my favourite moments, one of those rare plays where you don't know what to think. I remember I was about 15 years old watching Lakers v Spurs, kicking back in my track pants, eating microwave pasta on a Saturday afternoon. The game was nothing special, until Sean Elliot came out with this. I nearly choked and to this day, it is probably my favourite dunk of all time... Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELrBX1lkN04
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: