Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default who is your nba team leader? for the sonics-- no one; for the celts--kg

every team needs a leader

an earlier thread talked about rasheed wallace. one of the reasons i think he imploded in portland and flourishes in detroit is that he isnt naturally the leader of the team. in portland they tried to make him leader by edict; with the pistons he can effectively play his role and not worry about being the leader

the sonics do not have a leader right now. this is perhaps their main problem with all the close losses in the first 8 games

the veterans can have more of a voice, but they are trying to gauge the direction of the team from the coaches-- are they really trying to make this durant's team?

leaders rise to the top and you know because of their personal traits/qualities if they have it or not. on every team, there are secondary leaders also-- guys the team listens to, but know that the secondary voices defer to the real leader

seems like kg has emerged as the celtics leader eventhough pp has been there since day one. (i havent seen any of their games yet)

who, in your opinion, are other leaders of the various teams-- especially your own favorite team?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: who is your nba team leader? for the sonics-- no one; for the celts--kg

for the celts - Pierce, Not KG.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
'Toine=MVP
High School Varsity 12th Man

'Toine=MVP has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: who is your nba team leader? for the sonics-- no one; for the celts--kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
every team needs a leader

an earlier thread talked about rasheed wallace. one of the reasons i think he imploded in portland and flourishes in detroit is that he isnt naturally the leader of the team. in portland they tried to make him leader by edict; with the pistons he can effectively play his role and not worry about being the leader

the sonics do not have a leader right now. this is perhaps their main problem with all the close losses in the first 8 games

the veterans can have more of a voice, but they are trying to gauge the direction of the team from the coaches-- are they really trying to make this durant's team?

leaders rise to the top and you know because of their personal traits/qualities if they have it or not. on every team, there are secondary leaders also-- guys the team listens to, but know that the secondary voices defer to the real leader

seems like kg has emerged as the celtics leader eventhough pp has been there since day one. (i havent seen any of their games yet)

who, in your opinion, are other leaders of the various teams-- especially your own favorite team?

i actually think pierce is the leader of the team. garnett is the best towel waiver type, but lesser guys fill that role on other teams. pierce is the guy the team turns to when it's back is against the wall.

it is really a blessing for a guy like garnett, whose biggest criticism is that is doesn't come through in those tough moments but whose talent is unquestioned, to play with a guy like pierce, for which the opposite is true.

plus there aren't many star players tougher than pierce in the league. he is a close 2nd to iverson in my opinion.
'Toine=MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
for the celts - Pierce, Not KG.
Pierce has never been a leader.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Lakers- Kobe, Fisher
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

Dallas- Dirk & Josh Howard

Suns- Nash & Grant Hill

Nets- Jason Kidd

Rockets- Rafer Alston
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Raptors - Bosh by default; I think they need him to be more assertive on the court when the team isn't playing well before he can be considered a great team leader however.

Grizzlies - Pau; and I could almost say the same thing as I did about Bosh
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nuggets: Iverson and Melo, but for the most part, Iverson. Veteran with experience and is an outspoken player. Carmelo is the better player, Iverson is the better leader. But they're both the leaders anyway.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #9
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

sonics - johan petro
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Nuggets: Iverson and Melo, but for the most part, Iverson. Veteran with experience and is an outspoken player. Carmelo is the better player, Iverson is the better leader. But they're both the leaders anyway.

carmelo is better than iverson?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman

Yes.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pacers - JO has never really been a good vocal leader, and I wish I could say he's the leader of this team, but I can't. I don't know if they have a leader. How about Jeff Foster?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Could go either way depending on views, but I'm an AI fan, and yes I think Melo is better.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #14
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Could go either way depending on views, but I'm an AI fan, and yes I think Melo is better.

im a fan of both, i've never really thought of this yet... i think melo is still developing into an all around player while iverson is a great passer and scorer..it really depends how you look at it
Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #15
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson is the team leader, undisputed.

But right now, with AI at 32 years old, he just isn't the player he was 6 years ago. He is still incredible and insanely quick, but I think Carmelo is the better basketball player right now.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: