Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default So Lebron is starting to regulate

and people said he didnt have the type of character to do that. Imo about time, now he just needs to punch Hughes in the face like MJ did Kerr

LeBron making himself heard

Cavs' leader becoming more vocal with players, officials, foes on court

SALT LAKE CITY: There has been analysis ad nauseam of the development of LeBron James' game over his five-year career, but not so much focus on his mouth.

As he's grown into his role as franchise player over the past several seasons, James has increasingly become more vocal, with the officials, opponents and especially his teammates.

There was a classic example late in the Cavaliers' victory over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday. When Drew Gooden took an ill-advised 23-foot jumper with 14 seconds on the shot clock and the Cavs ahead by five points with 1:10 left to play, James got right in his face to tell him about his mistake.

Moments later on the bench during a timeout, James walked over to Gooden and smoothed things over.

It was a high-profile moment, considering the circumstances in the game, but one that has become more commonplace in the past two seasons. James has been extremely trusting of his teammates, so much so that he has often been criticized for passing up clutch shots, but he's also become more demanding.

''I'm the leader of this team, and he has to know what is a good shot and what is not a good shot. I got on him about it. It's nothing personal, I just want him to get better,'' James said.

''You explain it, and then you move on as men and as professionals. It can be uncomfortable, but I have to do it. I don't want to embarrass my teammates in any way. But if it happens again, I'll go off again.''

James' emotional leadership hasn't just been with his teammates, as illustrated several times in last season's playoffs. He

got into a confrontation with the New Jersey Nets' Mikki Moore after a hard hit on Sasha Pavlovic. Then in the series with the Detroit Pistons, James got into Antonio McDyess' face and drew a technical foul after McDyess committed a flagrant foul on Anderson Varejao.

''LeBron is a teammate first,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''As a team captain, not everybody is going to like you because sometimes you have to assert yourself.''

In the locker room

The Cavs' injury problems continue to deepen. Guard Devin Brown suffered a left pinky avulsion fracture against the Warriors on Tuesday. He was able to play Wednesday with the finger heavily taped.

Larry Hughes missed his second consecutive game with a bruised left knee. The team will take today off, and he'll be re-evaluated at Friday morning's shootaround before the Cavs take on the Sacramento Kings.

Donyell Marshall is still out with a wrist injury, and Eric Snow is out recovering from knee surgery.

''You have to keep adjusting and keep searching when you have guys go down,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''It's one of the toughest things you have to learn how to deal with as a coach.''

James had to have a cut near his eye glued shut with a so-called ''liquid stitch'' after he was struck Tuesday in the face chasing a rebound. James had some swelling overnight, but he said he hoped it would not bother him long term.

''It is swollen and sore, and it's bothering me,'' James said. ''But I'll be able to play through it.''

Snow left the team Tuesday to deal with a personal matter. The Cavs aren't sure when he'll rejoin the team, but he's not expected to miss a lengthy period. Snow has been progressing in his recovery from knee surgery and is on schedule to be able to return soon.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas grabbed 56 rebounds in the first four games of the season. That's the most in any four-game stretch in his 10-year career.

The Cavs had 30 assists in their win over the Warriors. In the past five seasons, the team is 22-0 when they have 30 or more assists.
Brian Windhorst can be reached at bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com. Read his blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/.

SALT LAKE CITY: There has been analysis ad nauseam of the development of LeBron James' game over his five-year career, but not so much focus on his mouth.

As he's grown into his role as franchise player over the past several seasons, James has increasingly become more vocal, with the officials, opponents and especially his teammates.

There was a classic example late in the Cavaliers' victory over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday. When Drew Gooden took an ill-advised 23-foot jumper with 14 seconds on the shot clock and the Cavs ahead by five points with 1:10 left to play, James got right in his face to tell him about his mistake.

Moments later on the bench during a timeout, James walked over to Gooden and smoothed things over.

It was a high-profile moment, considering the circumstances in the game, but one that has become more commonplace in the past two seasons. James has been extremely trusting of his teammates, so much so that he has often been criticized for passing up clutch shots, but he's also become more demanding.

''I'm the leader of this team, and he has to know what is a good shot and what is not a good shot. I got on him about it. It's nothing personal, I just want him to get better,'' James said.

''You explain it, and then you move on as men and as professionals. It can be uncomfortable, but I have to do it. I don't want to embarrass my teammates in any way. But if it happens again, I'll go off again.''

James' emotional leadership hasn't just been with his teammates, as illustrated several times in last season's playoffs. He

got into a confrontation with the New Jersey Nets' Mikki Moore after a hard hit on Sasha Pavlovic. Then in the series with the Detroit Pistons, James got into Antonio McDyess' face and drew a technical foul after McDyess committed a flagrant foul on Anderson Varejao.

''LeBron is a teammate first,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''As a team captain, not everybody is going to like you because sometimes you have to assert yourself.''

In the locker room

The Cavs' injury problems continue to deepen. Guard Devin Brown suffered a left pinky avulsion fracture against the Warriors on Tuesday. He was able to play Wednesday with the finger heavily taped.

Larry Hughes missed his second consecutive game with a bruised left knee. The team will take today off, and he'll be re-evaluated at Friday morning's shootaround before the Cavs take on the Sacramento Kings.

Donyell Marshall is still out with a wrist injury, and Eric Snow is out recovering from knee surgery.

''You have to keep adjusting and keep searching when you have guys go down,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''It's one of the toughest things you have to learn how to deal with as a coach.''

James had to have a cut near his eye glued shut with a so-called ''liquid stitch'' after he was struck Tuesday in the face chasing a rebound. James had some swelling overnight, but he said he hoped it would not bother him long term.

''It is swollen and sore, and it's bothering me,'' James said. ''But I'll be able to play through it.''

Snow left the team Tuesday to deal with a personal matter. The Cavs aren't sure when he'll rejoin the team, but he's not expected to miss a lengthy period. Snow has been progressing in his recovery from knee surgery and is on schedule to be able to return soon.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas grabbed 56 rebounds in the first four games of the season. That's the most in any four-game stretch in his 10-year career.

The Cavs had 30 assists in their win over the Warriors. In the past five seasons, the team is 22-0 when they have 30 or more assists.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default Re: So Lebron is starting to regulate

I heard him getting on somebody about a missed defensive assignment last night.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

no one has ever questioned his ability to lead???The questioned his ability to take big shots and finish games(which he did against Detroit once)...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should be much more aggressive in his offensive game, and Lebron must have the ball in his hand in the winding seconds of the game. I think Lebron James need to improve his FT shooting because i have seen him struggle from the foul line in their matchup against the Utah Jazz. Their is no doubt in my mind that this is the season that King James would be winning his first ever Most Valuable Player of the Year Trophy.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hughes problem is the system. When they have hughes, lebron, gibson, pavlovich, varajeo and gooden(some combination of the above obviously) on the court, they are one of the most athletic teams in the nba and should be a force in the open court. I really think this would help hughes get going but since brown insists on being a slow it down team it just kills his game.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: