Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Ruben Patterson a Clipper

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent forward Ruben Patterson. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

A nine-year NBA veteran, Patterson is coming off a successful 2006-07 season in Milwaukee, where he established new career-highs by averaging 14.7 points, 2.9 assists and 31.4 minutes per game. Patterson appeared in 81 games for the Bucks, equaling a career-high while also tying his career-high with 5.4 rebounds per game. Patterson shot 55 percent from the field last season, his highest field goal percentage as a pro.

“We are thrilled to add Ruben to our team,” Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor said. “Ruben plays hard every single night. He is an aggressive defensive player and has a real enthusiasm for the game. He gives 100 percent every game.”

Quote:
“I am really excited by our signing of Ruben Patterson,” Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. “He is a great competitor. I have always admired the intensity he brings from game to game. His versatility will help improve our team.”

I knew a move would happen, but what the hell is Ruben going to do on the squad? Backup SG to Mobley?

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-30-2007 at 05:09 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ruben Patterson a Clipper

Boston or Cleveland should have got him.
Why did the Clips? ...For extra scoring since Brand is gone?
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

He is a forward not a guard. Did you read the first sentence?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

This should get them 1 or 2 more games this upcoming season.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

signin makes noo sense to me imo...

idk why he went there but i bet when it all boils down to it, it was clearly a money thing for him...he doesnt wanna win i guess
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They needed the Kobe stopper in LA.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

very very very good pickup
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

With Yi finally signing with the Bucks, I smell a trade... Could be the end of the Maggette era in LA...
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
it was clearly a money thing for him...he doesnt wanna win i guess
That's really ignorant. He was hoping desperately to receive an offer from any team. We're almost done with August, and this was the only offer any of the 30 teams extended to him. And you're going to call him out for that one team not being the Spurs?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

oh come on. he'll give ya good defense, but he doesn't have an outside shot. what does this mean for korolev?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

the even bigger black guy has decent reputation

the nanny stopper
the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Anyone got info on the terms of the deal.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #13
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
With Yi finally signing with the Bucks, I smell a trade... Could be the end of the Maggette era in LA...

You can't trade a draft pick for 3 months after he signs. There is no trade. Actually its not even that complicated, they needed a back-up swingman since Singleton isn't coming back and Rube fits that need. I swear some people here only think you need 5 players to make a team.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if this means they plan on trying to play Al Thornton at PF this season.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #15
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
That's really ignorant. He was hoping desperately to receive an offer from any team. We're almost done with August, and this was the only offer any of the 30 teams extended to him. And you're going to call him out for that one team not being the Spurs?
get off my shaft bro

dnt be dumb dawg i didnt mean it the way you took it. Clipps were clearly the only team that could use a vet SF, able to pay him a lucrative amount of money and its obvious! Other teams did make a pitch at him.

But the main issue is PT for him and by the looks of it he wont be seeing much of it..so again it has to be the money that lured him to the clipps. Look at the wings on clipps already.

Tim thomas Corey Al Thornton Korolev. I guess he is just a replacement for James Singleton

Last edited by Perezident : 08-29-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: