Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Congratulations. You Have Just Been Appointed General Manager Of A Basketball Team

You have just been appointed General Manager of a team. It doesn't have to be your favorite team, just a team. What would you do to improve your team??? Who would you trade, sign, or cut??? Who would you sign??? Then, compare and contrast what you did this offseason to your selected team to the real offseason decisions of the real management of the team you're general managing.

Critique each other's moves. If a poster wrote down his moves and you disagree with him or her. For example, if a poster said that he would trade Lamar Odom for Dwyane Wade, just bold it, quote it, and post why that trade would never happen and why that trade would be crazy to do??? Have fun.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation
Default Re: Congratulations. You Have Just Been Appointed General Manager Of A Basketball Tea

This is gonna turn into a "The raptors need a SF so I'll trade joey graham for kevin durant" thread.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Congratulations. You Have Just Been Appointed General Manager Of A Basketball Team

i would trade bynum for kidd... trade back kwame for caron, and trade lamar/trash for jermaine (bird would do it)

pg kidd
sg kobe
sf caron
pf turiaf/walton/mihm
c jermaine

Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Congratulations. You Have Just Been Appointed General Manager Of A Basketball Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
i would trade bynum for kidd... trade back kwame for caron, and trade lamar/trash for jermaine (bird would do it)

How can you trade Bynum twice?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

Failed.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #6
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Congratulations. You Have Just Been Appointed General Manager Of A Basketball Team

I would probably trade Larry Hughes and future 1st round pick. plus cash for Jamal Crawford and Fred Jones.

Cavaliers starting 5

G- Fred Jones/ Daniel Gibson
G- Jamal Crawford
F- Lebron James
F- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-12-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

rofl !!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

pg kidd
sg kobe
sf caron
pf turiaf/walton/mihm
c jermaine

you think Wiz would trade back?? look how good Caron is doing there, why would they want to part with them...If JO is going to LA, Walsh, not Bird, made it clear that he wants LO and Bynum in the deal...and Kidd for Bynum??? salaries dont even come close to matching...non of your trades you mentioned would go through...lucky youre not a GM :S
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I would probably trade Larry Hughes and future 1st round pick. plus cash for Jamal Crawford and Fred Jones.

Cavaliers starting 5

G- Jamal Crawford
F- Lebron James
F- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
this is a really good trade....i could see this happening...it really benefits the Cavs
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #10
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Cavaliers starting 5

G- Jamal Crawford
F- Lebron James
F- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Good job. Crawford's scoring ability would lighten the load on LeBron. Only issue is that Fred Jones can't play PG. You'd be better off letting Gibson have the job.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
gutterballer733
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutterballer733 has an OK reputation so far

I would trade Adam Morrison to the Spurs for Beno Udrih. It would give the Bobcats a solid backup at pg and would give the spurs a younger, poormans brent barry.
gutterballer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Trade Alston for Gooden. If Cleveland wants more than add in John Lucas or a future pick.

I would even take Varejao, just get rid of Alston.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

I would have dangled Kirilenko for Ray Allen on draft night, maybe Seattle would have gone for it.

If not, then I would try to get Maggette to Utah, and I would trade anybody except Williams, Boozer, Okur, or Millsap to do it. And I would have signed Morris Peterson.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
gutterballer733
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutterballer733 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Trade Alston for Gooden. If Cleveland wants more than add in John Lucas or a future pick.

I would even take Varejao, just get rid of Alston.
I think Alston for Verejao would be fair. Cavs get the pg they so badly need, and the rockets get anothr chuck hayes type player who brings a lot of energy.
gutterballer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterballer733
I would trade Adam Morrison to the Spurs for Beno Udrih. It would give the Bobcats a solid backup at pg and would give the spurs a younger, poormans brent barry.
SA probably would do it in a heartbeat. There's a chance Pop gets Morrison to flourish -although there's also a good chance he sends him home crying several times-.

Beno didn't do anything other than warm the bench for Parker and Vaughn anyway, so Spurs can't lose on this one. Though, I'd give it a thought from Charlotte's point of view, since as much as Morrison seems like a bust, he is only entering his second season.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: