Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default Who would you prefer?

As your big three:

Nash, Marion and Amare

or

Allen, Pierce, Garnett.

What got me thinking about this is that Boston has loaded up on three superstars to appease their fans but is it even better than the suns big three? You can probably make arguements either way, but the difference is that the suns have a lot more depth and still have a comparable big three.

So anyways, my initial thought was just that they are so comparable but the suns have managed to get this big three and still have depth on the team whereas the Celtics seemed to have sacrificed all depth to get theirs.

So now i wanna know, which of these two big three's woudl you prefer to base your team around?

My vote is for the suns big three just becasue of the elite pg factor, but what do you guys think.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who would you prefer?

1. KG
2. Nash
3. Amare
4. Pierce
5. Allen
6. Marion

Pretty even. Difference is Boston's 3 can all create their own shots. Marion can't and Amare is only learning to.

Phoenix's system and supporting cast more than makes up for that though.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With their current coaches... give me the Suns trio.

Another thing is salaries.

Celtics trio: $54mil
Suns trio: $40mil

(for next year)

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 07-30-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Celts.

Bad D from Suns three.

I believe that Marion is constantly out of position defensively because he's undersized. He picks up lots of steals and blocks partly because of how the Suns play.

What is the benefit of having a player play defense on four positions when each of them pretty much has him overmatched?
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
-primetime-

I will take Nash and Amare...can't go wrong with those two

unless they are playing the Spurs
Old 07-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
Celts.

Bad D from Suns three.

I believe that Marion is constantly out of position defensively because he's undersized. He picks up lots of steals and blocks partly because of how the Suns play.

What is the benefit of having a player play defense on four positions when each of them pretty much has him overmatched?

Good point. This is one of my contentions. You see what happens when Marion is asked to guard a PG or a big PF.

He can really only guard SFs, and in that I don't consider him "lock-down."
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

I'd honestly take Yao, T-Mac, and Francis over Garnett, Allen, and PP hahha

YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Hard to tell because we haven't seen the celtics trio play together yet, but assuming they work as I think they will I'll go for the celtics.

Defense definetly comes out in favor of the celtics, on offense its really a difference of style, suns will score more and look more fluid, but celtics have the advantage of having 3 guys who can all create their own shot, making them very difficult indeed to defend.

Suns clearly have the better supporting cast though, their top 7 guys are just ridiculous on paper, but then it never really seems to work out for them in the end, maybe it will for the celts.

All in all I'm very happy with this trade because I've been a big KG fan for a long time, and really want to see him in action now that he has a supporting cast. That injury to Cassell still annoys the hell out of me, could so easily have been KG's year, and then I wouldn't have to listen to the endless "KG = loser" crap.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
All in all I'm very happy with this trade because I've been a big KG fan for a long time, and really want to see him in action now that he has a supporting cast. That injury to Cassell still annoys the hell out of me, could so easily have been KG's year, and then I wouldn't have to listen to the endless "KG = loser" crap.

Yeah,but KG is now the supporting cast...
Pierce is still the franchise...
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Uh KG is now the best player on the Celtics.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Uh KG is now the best player on the Celtics.

right,but P2 is still the franchise
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

well now Garnett has no more excuses. if he cannot at the very least make it to the Finals with ray allen and paul pierce, he will always be below nowitzki and duncan.
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

currently, the edge goes to the PHX trio. They have loads of experience playing together. During the passage of time this year, I would have to give the advantage to Boston. PHX has to worry about the age of Nash and potential injury risk to Amare (though doubtful at this point). Everyone from BOS, other than Allen's minor injury, is relatively healthy and will continue to be in their prime for the next couple of seasons.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #14
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I will take Nash and Amare...can't go wrong with those two

Until you see Pierce and KG, two better players.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #15
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

In their prime? KG, Allen and Pierce without a second thought.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: