Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Shaun Livingston Update

Quote:
He can bend his knee without grimacing. He can use it to lunge sideways and to lift small weights. He can count on it now when he walks, which he does without a limp. It has been five months since the fateful layup, and the quiet kid with the thin, tight cornrows says his left knee "feels pretty good considering what it's been through."

All of this would be fine if the kid were a college intern walking files into the offices of upper management at a Century City law firm. But Shaun Livingston, though he is only 21, is not that kid; and his knee, which we really haven't heard much about since an awful moment at Staples Center in February, is not a typical knee.

This is a knee marked by two long, fresh scars. Once, it had been counted on for big things: to carry an NBA player to fortune and fame, and to carry an NBA franchise to heights it has never seen.

Strange, isn't it, how fast things happen, how suddenly life can change? Now, here he is, Shaun Livingston ready to tell us for the first time in detail what it is like when a knee fails and the big things that it was meant to deliver go wanting or, maybe, could still happen. Here's what it's like to be Shaun Livingston on the cusp.

A comeback? Or curtains?

Link to Full article

I suggest reading the full article as it says a lot.

Hopefully Livingston doesn't rush back though and further injure his knee.

I apologize if this was posted already as I posted it in the Clipper forum, but have no responses there
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Shaun Livingston Update

Good to hear that he is getting better. I've always liked him.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

I'd be shocked if he ever plays again in the NBA
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

"He and Jones still can't shake the memory of what the doctors said: Part of his left leg might have to be amputated. " that's enough to ruin your day when the doctor says that to ya.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope he can return to full strength. I was one of his bigger non Clipp fan followers. He showed a lot on both ends in the playoffs of 06 and I think with a bigger build and more experience he could be a great triple threat like pg.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
CEP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CEP has an OK reputation so far

Amazing if this kid comes back to the NBA. I was really counting on this kid to put up some numbers too =/
CEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #7
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Damn, I really hope he gets back to the NBA. Maybe not at 100%, but atleast as a decent backup....
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:26 AM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Javaris Crittenton vs. Shaun Livingston would definitely become a great rivalry. I hope Shaun Livingston will be back doing his stuff once again before he got injured a couple of months ago.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

he might have to change positions if he does come back because there are a lot of quick point guards. i hope he doesn't get his knee banged up on defense.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #10
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I hope he's going to college while undergoing rehab. With that freak injury, we cant be sure if he can still come back. he should take time and play a lot of pick up games b4 trying to come back
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 AM   #11
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I hope he's going to college while undergoing rehab. With that freak injury, we cant be sure if he can still come back. he should take time and play a lot of pick up games b4 trying to come back

He's going to fine either way. His contract was for $14+ million dollars, so if he's smart with it he's going to be just fine. Right now, he's just lucky to walk, and that is what I feared most for the guy, I mean, they almost amputated his leg, he's lucky to be where he is.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #12
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
He's going to fine either way. His contract was for $14+ million dollars, so if he's smart with it he's going to be just fine. Right now, he's just lucky to walk, and that is what I feared most for the guy, I mean, they almost amputated his leg, he's lucky to be where he is.

He was still on a rookie contract?
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #13
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze

Yep. And from the article it sounds like he is fine and right on schedule to play again.

I mean athletes tear those 3 ligaments at the same time all the time. Dante Culpepper did it. and in less than a year was healthy enough to atleast play some on it. (Yeah he needed more time, but he also has 300 lb men flying at his knees purposely). I thought he had some nerve damage, which would've been troublesome

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 07-30-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:49 AM   #14
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
He was still on a rookie contract?

"Solid kid, working-class family, raised largely by a wise grandfather, he turns down Duke for the NBA. Come 2004, and the Clippers take him fourth in the draft and promise him $12.5 million for four years, even though his best basketball has been played in high school gyms scattered across the plains of Illinois."
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig

I forgot where I read it, but I believe Shaun is taking classes at Pepperdine or CSUN this summer and might take winter classes.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: