Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
reecedoc
I airball my layups

reecedoc has an OK reputation so far
Default damn i cant wait till nba 2k8 comes,but 2k7 is still the sh!t

what yall think they gone do 2 the new 2k8.. like what r they gone do better then 2k7,besides adding the rookies
reecedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: damn i cant wait till nba 2k8 comes,but 2k7 is still the sh!t

they have a lot of work to do. 2k7 was "next gen" in terms of animation and graphics (most of the time - look at dirk...they can't get long hair right).

but in terms of computer AI, I think 2k has a long way to go. especially in the franchise mode. the free agent signing process is wack. you can only sign players whose teams let them go. you can't try and compete with his team.

the trade AI has been the same since 2k6. You can trade mid level stars for #1 picks. the computer doesn't recognize a player's value beyond their stats and potential... I have to turn computer trading off or the computer's teams will make stupid trades with eachother.

to make a long story short, they have a lot of work to do before I would consider this game amazing. too bad live is trash. i have no other choice but 2k7. its not a bad game its just not truly great.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

they need to fix the passing and the help defense...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

anybody else hate it when you catch the ball with your back towards the basket, and if you hit the shoot button its an automatic ugly ass turn around fade away. tapping the shoot should let you square up without using your dribble, and if you want to fall/fade away you hold down or something.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Things they need to change:

- the computer randomly goes out of bounds

- there is no competing for free agents ( only released players are available, players don't mull over offers they either accept it or decline it, you always get first dibs; you can sign every good player with the other teams not getting a turn)

- Shots "randomly" randomly make it. Shooters make it unless you jump at the perfect moment. A hand in the face is useless. Other times they make every shot no matter what kind of defense you do. (****ters like Reddick go off alot)

- They play "perfect" basketball. They always get offensive rebounds and they have perfect ball movement. (they always have a player with 12+ assists)

- Rookies rapidly ascend into stardom. (players make the all-nba team 3rd year in the leaugue and most of them drastically improve over offseasons)

- The salary cap is kinda ****ed up; players like Dirk, Arenas, Garnett ... always end up signing for the MLE.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
Things they need to change:

- the computer randomly goes out of bounds

- there is no competing for free agents ( only released players are available, players don't mull over offers they either accept it or decline it, you always get first dibs; you can sign every good player with the other teams not getting a turn)

- Shots "randomly" randomly make it. Shooters make it unless you jump at the perfect moment. A hand in the face is useless. Other times they make every shot no matter what kind of defense you do. (****ters like Reddick go off alot)

- They play "perfect" basketball. They always get offensive rebounds and they have perfect ball movement. (they always have a player with 12+ assists)

- Rookies rapidly ascend into stardom. (players make the all-nba team 3rd year in the leaugue and most of them drastically improve over offseasons)

- The salary cap is kinda ****ed up; players like Dirk, Arenas, Garnett ... always end up signing for the MLE.
Eh whatever helps the team right
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

They need to change some of the player's positions. Or atleast have a option to change the player's position.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
They need to change some of the player's positions. Or atleast have a option to change the player's position.

I played Dwight at the 5 when I had him and he is listed as a 4. If I could have changed that I would have had 5 all stars.

As has been mentioned trading is stupid.

You can sign a bunch of aging vets and trade them up to get a superstar with no waiting period.

Also sometimes I get sick of forcing 30 steals a game in a 16 minute period. The computer should be able to adjust to my D.

Way better than Live though.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Is there a way you can update your players in 2K7 to make them play as they did this season? For example I play as the Blazers. This team obviously is based on the sucky 05-06 season. Randolph is only OK cause he was coming off two sub-par injury recovery years, Jack was a non-starting rookie, Roy and Aldridge are rookies. It kinda sucked playing with them, while I saw that Randolph in real life was having a monster year, Roy won ROY, Aldridge played well, and Jack improved.

I might be facing the same problem in 2K8. Randolph might get traded...so I won't get to use him. Oden will have rookie ratings...so he probably won't be as good as he is in real life.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

real good game. but some flaws i noticed...

when they play your starters basically all game and then when it comes down to crunch they sometimes sub them out to give them rest.

i miss a ton of fast break layups, especially with jamal crawford.

cant change a players position. jared jeffries is listed as a SG
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

You can change their position in the Edit Player mode or whatever it is. I changed D Howard to a center.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:

gm/roster/edit player/vitals... and change the position from there.

apparently 90% of the people who play this game don't realize that.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Is there a way you can update your players in 2K7 to make them play as they did this season? For example I play as the Blazers. This team obviously is based on the sucky 05-06 season. Randolph is only OK cause he was coming off two sub-par injury recovery years, Jack was a non-starting rookie, Roy and Aldridge are rookies. It kinda sucked playing with them, while I saw that Randolph in real life was having a monster year, Roy won ROY, Aldridge played well, and Jack improved.

I might be facing the same problem in 2K8. Randolph might get traded...so I won't get to use him. Oden will have rookie ratings...so he probably won't be as good as he is in real life.

EDIT PLAYER
Old 06-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #14
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Its sad that the NBA 2k sports don't have team plays. The triangle, bulls eye etc.

There are also some players missing in the game.

Can someone explain why every player is not in the game? I know there were some signings this season, but talking about players such as Ronny Turiaf isn't in the game.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
EDIT PLAYER

I know that, but I thought there was a download or something....like a roster update.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: