Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
mr beast
BEAST

mr beast has no real reputation yet.
Default ideas about finding a gym

sup fellas

i love working on my game and doing drills on my own but lately it seems to be impossible to do that

doing it out in the park is fine but i hate to be dictated by the weather and the concrete is killing my knee

the fitness gyms around here all seem to be crowded like always unless you are there early in the morning

looking for ideas on how people is getting time and the facilities?

much appreciated
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ideas about finding a gym

get up early then, no excuses
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Local high school gym?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Local high school gym?

great idea, how do you go about getting time in the local high school gym?

and yes for the other guy, waking up early is an option but it doesnt always work out because of work schedules
Old 05-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr beast
great idea, how do you go about getting time in the local high school gym?

and yes for the other guy, waking up early is an option but it doesnt always work out because of work schedules
Ah, that'd be the tricky part. It definitely helps if you are familiar with someone within the coaching system (or if you coach in some capacity yourself). The school in my area has open gym times for current players, alumni, and local folk. We also have a recreational gym (kind of like an auxiliary gym) that can be rented out by members of the community (for something like a local adult open gym).
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Ah, that'd be the tricky part. It definitely helps if you are familiar with someone within the coaching system (or if you coach in some capacity yourself). The school in my area has open gym times for current players, alumni, and local folk. We also have a recreational gym (kind of like an auxiliary gym) that can be rented out by members of the community (for something like a local adult open gym).

oh man lucky you
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

HeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr beast
sup fellas

i love working on my game and doing drills on my own but lately it seems to be impossible to do that

doing it out in the park is fine but i hate to be dictated by the weather and the concrete is killing my knee

the fitness gyms around here all seem to be crowded like always unless you are there early in the morning

looking for ideas on how people is getting time and the facilities?

much appreciated

Well you just threw away the two main options. When I wanted to work on my shot or other skills I'd go to the gym early. Once the afternoon hits its going to be filled with dudes wanting to play pickup so you wont be able to get your drills in.

Outdoors is your other option.

Then you could always get your own rim at your house if you want to fork the cash over.

Only other way is if you know a private indoor court somewhere and can talk to someone about using it. If the court is public and its inside, its going to be packed like **** come peak time.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
Well you just threw away the two main options. When I wanted to work on my shot or other skills I'd go to the gym early. Once the afternoon hits its going to be filled with dudes wanting to play pickup so you wont be able to get your drills in.

Outdoors is your other option.

Then you could always get your own rim at your house if you want to fork the cash over.

Only other way is if you know a private indoor court somewhere and can talk to someone about using it. If the court is public and its inside, its going to be packed like **** come peak time.

yep that's the pain, guess gota wake up super early to get a guarantee work out time
Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went through this pretty recently. Calling you're towns rec department is a good place to start. They do the scheduling for all the local youth teams, and if you're willing to pay, they can usually do it. It may be a little expensive, but if you can scrape together 8-12 consistent guys, 100 bucks can get you a night a week for the summer.

But that's not easy, and it may be more money than you want to give up, and if you're really working out, that may not be enough alone time.

Volunteering as an assistant coach in a church youth league is a great experience for a bunch of reasons. You'd be shocked how much you'd learn trying to teach kids things you think you already know. And while you may not be trusted enough right off the bat, usually half a season into it, assuming you're a good guy, a coach would trust you with a key, and if you don't take advantage, you can have access to a gym for the years you do it. It's great thing to to in HS if you're local seasons don't overlap.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #10
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I went through this pretty recently. Calling you're towns rec department is a good place to start. They do the scheduling for all the local youth teams, and if you're willing to pay, they can usually do it. It may be a little expensive, but if you can scrape together 8-12 consistent guys, 100 bucks can get you a night a week for the summer.

But that's not easy, and it may be more money than you want to give up, and if you're really working out, that may not be enough alone time.

Volunteering as an assistant coach in a church youth league is a great experience for a bunch of reasons. You'd be shocked how much you'd learn trying to teach kids things you think you already know. And while you may not be trusted enough right off the bat, usually half a season into it, assuming you're a good guy, a coach would trust you with a key, and if you don't take advantage, you can have access to a gym for the years you do it. It's great thing to to in HS if you're local seasons don't overlap.

that's an awesome tip man, thanks much!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: