Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Woke up to a call from the Sheriff

I was a second late to answering and just heard the voice mail where he left me an incident number.... i tried calling him back but the secretary told me that i'm not on the list of involved people. So i was confused thinking maybe they called me by accident. Literally a minute later a police officer's at my door asking me if i gave out my debit card to anybody or if my car or house was recently broken into.

turned out the police officer went to my high school and was the same graduating class... i guess we'll see how this turns out. I have 20k in my account :-/

Anyways, looks like someones been using my debit card, hopefully chase pulls through with 0 liability and next-day money return. We'll see how this turns out and how good of a bank Chase is.

Last edited by StocktonFan : 05-14-2013 at 03:03 PM.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Fallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Woke up to a call from the Sheriff

Im with chase. you will get your money back.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
StocktonFan
Banned

Police officer showed up at the door again, this time telling me that i should check to go to the bank ASAP and find out if any money has been withdrawn. Apparently, they pulled over an hispanic dude for something and he had my card inside his car.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
Im with chase. you will get your money back.
on a debit card?

the bank i use next door (PNC) only refunds like half off my debit card IIRC. i keep meaning to apply for a CC for consumer protection...

btw, with "sheriff" in the title, i did not expect this topic to be about debit cards.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
on a debit card?

the bank i use next door (PNC) only refunds like half off my debit card IIRC. i keep meaning to apply for a CC for consumer protection...

btw, with "sheriff" in the title, i did not expect this topic to be about debit cards.

you can imagine how thrown off i was... the voicemail was pretty much "My name is Sheriff ____, i would like to talk to you, the incident number is ###"

Anyways, checked with the bank, no money unaccounted for. Case close. Sorry to bore you all.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Police officer showed up at the door again, this time telling me that i should check to go to the bank ASAP and find out if any money has been withdrawn. Apparently, they pulled over an hispanic dude for something and he had my card inside his car.

Did you not notice it was missing?
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

probably someone else with the same name as you.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Did you not notice it was missing?

Nope, i never use my debit card. I have a southwest credit card i rack miles on.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Similar thing happened to me. 3am a sherriff shows up at the door and asks for me. I say "thats me" and he asks for my ID. Looks at it, looks at me, looks at it again. Says there was just an incident a couple of cities away and the criminal gave him an exact copy of my ID. Said his story didn't sound right so they sent a cop over to the home address just to check. Asked if I ever lent the ID to anyone or lost one. This was when I was young and it was still the first drivers license I've ever had so no. So he just says "thanks" and turns around to leave. and I'm like "uh... so what's going to happen, did my identity get stolen?" He was like "eh if you need to know anything we'll give you a call" and he kept walking. Lol. Still worries me to this day.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Similar thing happened to me. 3am a sherriff shows up at the door and asks for me. I say "thats me" and he asks for my ID. Looks at it, looks at me, looks at it again. Says there was just an incident a couple of cities away and the criminal gave him an exact copy of my ID. Said his story didn't sound right so they sent a cop over to the home address just to check. Asked if I ever lent the ID to anyone or lost one. This was when I was young and it was still the first drivers license I've ever had so no. So he just says "thanks" and turns around to leave. and I'm like "uh... so what's going to happen, did my identity get stolen?" He was like "eh if you need to know anything we'll give you a call" and he kept walking. Lol. Still worries me to this day.

Better check your credit and taxes to make sure it's all correct.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: