Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default GAME: Predict the 2013 NBA Playoffs

GAME: Predict the 2013 NBA Playoffs

There will be 3 winners:
a) winner of the "predict the complete postseason"
b) winner of the "predict the Knicks postseason"
c) overall winner (most points combined in the first 2 games)

GAME 1: PREDICT THE COMPLETE POSTSEASON

RULES:

You get 10 points for correctly guessing winner of the 1st round series
You get 5 points for correctly guessing the correct result (for example OKC in 5)

You get 15 points for correctly guessing winner of the 2nd round series
You get 5 points for correctly guessing the correct result

You get 20 points for correctly guessing winner of the ECF
You get 10 points for correctly guessing the correct result

You get 30 points for correctly guessing winner of the Finals
You get 15 points for correctly guessing the correct result

NOTE: If you predict (for example) that Miami will beat the Nets in the 2nd round but they actually beat the Bulls you get 0 points because
the matchup you predicted it's going to happen didn't actually happen.
But...
You get 10 points for guessing who'll win the East/West regardless of the matchup
You get 20 points for guessing who'll win the title,regardless of the matchup

MY PREDICTION:

1st round:
EAST:
Heat in 4
Celtics in 6
Pacers in 5
Nets in 6

WEST:
Thunder in 5
Spurs in 7
Nuggets in 5
Clippers in 6

2nd round:
EAST:
Heat-Nets : Heat in 5
Pacers-Celtics : Celtics in 7

WEST:
Thunder-Clippers : Thunder in 7
Spurs-Nuggets: Spurs in 6

CONFERENCE FINALS:

EAST:
Heat-Celtics : Heat in 5

WEST:
Thunder-Spurs : Thunder in 6

FINALS:

Heat-Thunder : Heat in 5

GAME 2: PREDICT THE KNICKS POSTSEASON

RULES:
You get 20 points for correctly guessing the winner of the 1st round series
You get 10 points for correctly guessing winner of the each game
You get 10 points for correctly guessing the point difference (if you say Knicks by 5 and the game finishes 91:86 you get the points)

You get 30 points for correctly guessing the winner of the 2nd round series (if the Knicks get there)
You get 15 points for correctly guessing winner of the each game
You get 10 points for correctly guessing the point difference

You get 40 points for correctly guessing the winner of the ECF (if the Knicks get there)
You get 20 points for correctly guessing winner of the each game

You get 50 points for correctly guessing the winner of the Finals (if the Knicks get there)
You get 25 points for correctly guessing winner of the each game

MY PREDICTION:

1st round:

Game 1: Celtics by 3
Game 2: Knicks by 6
Game 3: Celtics by 1
Game 4: Celtics by 7
Game 5: Knicks by 3
Game 6: Celtics by 2

FINAL SCORE: Celtics in 6

IMPORTANT: You have to make your predictions before the first game of the playoffs start (in this case it's Saturday at 3pm) and you can't edit your post after the playoffs have begun.

SCORES AFTER 1ST ROUND:
Jasi 85
airchibundo: 70
bluechox2: 70
franchize 50
Clutch 45

NOTE: If I accidentally didn't get your score right let me know and I'll fix it.

Last edited by Clutch : 05-05-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GAME: Predict the 2013 NBA Playoffs

I'll make the list and update the score in the opening post.

I know many of you will attack me for saying Celtics in 6 but I really have a bad feeling about this one. If we were playing the Hawks,Pacers,Nets or Bucks in the 1st round I would almost be assured we would get past them.
I think the Celtics will take a closely contested game 1 by Paul Pierce hitting big shot after big shot. Knicks would then come back in game 2 but Celtics will make them lose their composure and eventually lose the series because of that.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

Make your predictions.

Last edited by Clutch : 04-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we may go 7 games so I cant be mad at you for saying Celtics in 6. I think we win but I don't think this is the cake walk our fan base seems to think it will be. I think we are going to have to gut this one out. I just find it hard to envision a team with Paul Pierce, KG, JT and coached by Doc Rivers, surrounded by that many hard workers, allowing themselves to be taken out easy.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think we may go 7 games so I cant be mad at you for saying Celtics in 6. I think we win but I don't think this is the cake walk our fan base seems to think it will be. I think we are going to have to gut this one out. I just find it hard to envision a team with Paul Pierce, KG, JT and coached by Doc Rivers, surrounded by that many hard workers, allowing themselves to be taken out easy.
Fair enough. Could you make the predictions like I did ?
I want all of you Knicks fans to do the same so we can see who'll come out as a winner.

I didn't want to post this to the main board because there are too many trolls out there.

Play the game,I spent much time to write all of this
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1:

Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 5
Chicago in 6

Thunder in 4
Spurs in 5
Nuggets in 5
Clippers in 7

2:

Heat in 5
Knicks in 7

Thunder in 6
Spurs in 7

3:

Heat in 7
Spurs in 6

4:

Heat in 6

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 04-19-2013 at 09:50 AM.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1:

Heat in 4
Knicks in 4
Pacers in 6
nets in 7

Thunder in 5
Spurs in 6
denver in 6
grizz in 7

2:

Heat in 4
Knicks in 6

Thunder in 5
Spurs in 6

3:

knicks in 7
thunder in 6

4:

knicks in 7
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let me preface this by saying I really don't want to do this. This Celtics series has me nervous as hell.

1.Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 5
Nets in 7

Thunder in 5
Lakers in 7
Denver in 6
Clippers in 7

2. Heat in 7
Get back to me on this one. Knicks vs Pacers will go 7 games though

Thunder in 5
Denver in 4

3.Heat in 5
Thunder in 6

4. Heat in 5
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Knicks vs Pacers will go 7 games though
To be honest I think if we get past the Celtics that we'll make the ECF.

IMO Pacers are the most overrated playoff team and I'm much more scared of Boston than them. What did they do to earn that respect ? Beat the Dwight-less Magic team and then took 2 games from the Heat WITHOUT Bosh.

They play physical basketball but that's it. No real talent on that team. Just a bunch of mediocre players. We would beat them in 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure we would win both games at MSG,steal one on the road,lead it 3-1 and then finish them off in one of the next two.

Celtics are the team that worry me,not the Pacers.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GAME 1: PREDICT THE COMPLETE POSTSEASON

1st round:
EAST:
Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 6
Bulls in 7

WEST:
Thunder in 5
Spurs in 4
Nuggets in 6
Clippers in 6

2nd round:
EAST:
Heat-Bulls : Heat in 5
Pacers-Knicks : Knicks in 6

WEST:
Thunder-Clippers : Thunder in 6
Spurs-Nuggets: Spurs in 6

CONFERENCE FINALS:

EAST:
Heat-Knicks : Heat in 5

WEST:
Thunder-Spurs : Thunder in 6

FINALS:

Heat-Thunder : Heat in 7

GAME 2: PREDICT THE KNICKS POSTSEASON

will arrive later
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Heat in 4
Knicks in 5
Bulls in 6
Pacers in 6

Thunder in 5
Spurs in 5
Clippers in 6
Nugs in 5

Heat in 6
Knicks in 6

Thunder in 5
Spurs in 6

Heat in 5
Thunder in 5

Thunder in 6
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just noticed I never made the second part...
on the other hand I nailed the Lakers sweep
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

original predictions

Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 5
Chicago in 6

Thunder in 4
Spurs in 5
Nuggets in 5
Clippers in 7

6/8 in picking winners
out of the series I picked correctly, I was off on the series length by a combined 5 games... not bad.

going by that metric, jasi had the best first round predictions. he correctly picked 6/8 winners and of those 6 series, he was off on series length by only one game (in the Thunder series too, the results of which are skewed due to Westbrook's injury)

for the next round, I'll have to revise my picks:

Heat in 5
Knicks in 6
Memphis in 6
Spurs in 5

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 05-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #13
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
original predictions

Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 5
Chicago in 6

Thunder in 4
Spurs in 5
Nuggets in 5
Clippers in 7

6/8 in picking winners
out of the series I picked correctly, I was off on the series length by a combined 5 games... not bad.

going by that metric, jasi had the best first round predictions. he correctly picked 6/8 winners and of those 6 series, he was off on series length by only one game (in the Thunder series too, the results of which are skewed due to Westbrook's injury)

for the next round, I'll have to revise my picks:

Heat in 5
Knicks in 6
Memphis in 6
Spurs in 5

I don't think you can revise your picks. The ones you had at the beginning remain.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #14
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
1st round:
EAST:
Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 6
Bulls in 7

WEST:
Thunder in 5
Spurs in 4
Nuggets in 6
Clippers in 6

My Eastern conference predictions for the first round were completely perfect

Clutch can you make a 1st round update?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #15
Clutch
Stop flopping

Jasi is right,you can't reverse your picks.

Since no one played the game 2 I'll give you the right to make your predictions again,this time for round 2.
Hopefully someone will play the game.

MY PREDICTIONS:

Game 1: Knicks by 5
Game 2: Knicks by 12
Game 3: Pacers by 7
Game 4: Pacers by 1
Game 5: Knicks by 9
Game 6: Knicks by 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
My Eastern conference predictions for the first round were completely perfect

Clutch can you make a 1st round update?