Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Should we somehow try to get rid of Amare?

He's the big white elephant in the room right now when discussing our setbacks. He hasn't been healthy for about 2 years now. Should we still have faith in Amare? I'm torn
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should we somehow try to get rid of Amare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
He's the big white elephant in the room right now when discussing our setbacks. He hasn't been healthy for about 2 years now. Should we still have faith in Amare? I'm torn
Short answer: NO
Long answer: Absolutely NO
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i still dont get why most of you are desperate to get rid of him....yea hes taking 20 mil of the cap, but getting rid of him doesnt mean we get to sign another guy for 20, it just means the team (who charges absurdly high prices for tickets with him or without him for the matter)will save a few bucks in taxes...we already overspent last summer...and we are a contender without him anyway, not like hes taking something away from us, but he will bring something when needed, if needed
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Prob a little late though I do think he could still be a very good player in the right situation. I'm just not sure anyone would game on him being healthy.

It is funny that it was a terrible idea to move him to most of you while it was possible but now you want to trade him when it might not be possible.

Have you learned your lesson or not? Is Tyson chandler somebody that the Knicks could trade, or do you want to wait till his value goes down and you'll want to trade him then?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Prob a little late though I do think he could still be a very good player in the right situation. I'm just not sure anyone would game on him being healthy.

It is funny that it was a terrible idea to move him to most of you while it was possible but now you want to trade him when it might not be possible.

Have you learned your lesson or not? Is Tyson chandler somebody that the Knicks could trade, or do you want to wait till his value goes down and you'll want to trade him then?
What do you think about trading Amare for Bargnani ? Could it work out for both teams ? Discuss.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

I'd like to try to trade first before gutting out team. And how does Chandler situation compare with Amare? Amare has two rebuilt knees.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we should make a play for Dwight. Sounds farfetched but if they don't make the playoffs, it may not be. After seeing lopsided trade after lopsided trade, I don't put anything past any GM. I think if we put Amare and Tyson on the trade block and get multiple teams involved, we may be able to pull it off. I HIGHLY doubt it, but just hypothetically, may work.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

do you really want dwight? he fumbles a pass every 2 possessions and his free throw shooting is horrible....by adding dwight, melo loses like half the calls he gets this year cus the refs gotta make it "fair"
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
do you really want dwight? he fumbles a pass every 2 possessions and his free throw shooting is horrible....by adding dwight, melo loses like half the calls he gets this year cus the refs gotta make it "fair"
Dwight at his worst is still clearly better than Tyson AND it gives us the opportunity to get rid of Amare. I'm not saying let's get him for the sake of getting him. I'm not really trying to get in the Dwight sweepstakes. But if we can upgrade our center position AND get rid of Amare's dead weight contract, I'm for it.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Dwight is clearly a better player than Tyson Chandler.

But he's a baby. I don't think Melo,J.R. and others would like to play with him.
Tyson knows his role,doesn't ask for touches on offense,isn't a diva and doesn't create problems in the locker room. He can also knock down free throws at a decent rate. He isn't a good free throw shooter but he isn't as bad as Dwight.

So I don't really know,chances are pretty high that Dwight's immaturity would make this team worse,not better.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Would take Tyson over Dwight any day
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think we should make a play for Dwight. Sounds farfetched but if they don't make the playoffs, it may not be. After seeing lopsided trade after lopsided trade, I don't put anything past any GM. I think if we put Amare and Tyson on the trade block and get multiple teams involved, we may be able to pull it off. I HIGHLY doubt it, but just hypothetically, may work.
Only one problem.....

The team is over the cap and luxury tax and effective the upcoming season, teams in this state cannot execute sign and trades.

Only teams below the tax can do so.

That's what happens when 40 mil is tied to two players.

Besides Dwight actually can play and no one thinks amare can play more than 20 minutes if he comes back at alll.

Why would the Lakers consider this, when they are trying to get under the luxury tax themselves?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Knicks priority should be trading Novak. Hopefully some team in need of 3pt shooting trades a 1st for him.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Knicks priority should be trading Novak. Hopefully some team in need of 3pt shooting trades a 1st for him.
Trade a bench player on a contract like that for a 1st?

Get Dwight and get rid of amare at the same time?

At least now I can see why many of you don't like thinking about realistic trades- why discuss something that could be possible when you can picture grabbing USA Olympic team players in exchange for the bad contracts. Shoot if the Knicks trade amare, chandler, Novak, Camby, and Kidd there is enough salary space to grab both Dwight and Chris Paul. And maybe even a guy on a rookie deal like cousins
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #15
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amares to busy shopping for children.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: