Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation
Default Enjoy the Heat at Bulls? That was 80's Basketball

That was throwback night, and I loved it. Don't know if you care for that brand of basketball, but if you did you would have loved the rivalries of the 80's. Magic and Bird got into it, Bird and Erving got into it, Rambis clotheslined McHale. It didn't create "muscle ball", it created effort. It created the best athletes in the world being pissed off and giving their best on a nightly basis. Coming inside against Rick Mahorn? Better go strong, young man. Again...it was so much more than mugging, it was basketball where attention was paid to detail.

There's something different about last night's game because the end of the season is drawing nearer, but it was also because each possession mattered. Each possession contained competition.

I loved it not only because I physically and mentally hate these dudes from Miami, but also because both teams brought it. Great night.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
CHi1PriDe
Good High School Starter

CHi1PriDe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Enjoy the Heat at Bulls? That was 80's Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
That was throwback night, and I loved it. Don't know if you care for that brand of basketball, but if you did you would have loved the rivalries of the 80's. Magic and Bird got into it, Bird and Erving got into it, Rambis clotheslined McHale. It didn't create "muscle ball", it created effort. It created the best athletes in the world being pissed off and giving their best on a nightly basis. Coming inside against Rick Mahorn? Better go strong, young man. Again...it was so much more than mugging, it was basketball where attention was paid to detail.

There's something different about last night's game because the end of the season is drawing nearer, but it was also because each possession mattered. Each possession contained competition.

I loved it not only because I physically and mentally hate these dudes from Miami, but also because both teams brought it. Great night.

I'm proud of my bulls for bringing it on tonight, played tough
CHi1PriDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
#number6ix#
IN RILEY WE TRUST!!!!!

#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool

Good game by chi town tonight played with a lot of heart and effort... Good luck keep up the good work
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Me to, as long as the officials do their job.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Officals didnt do their job. Plenty of rule changes since the 80's. It's a different game and rules now.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer
Officals didnt do their job. Plenty of rule changes since the 80's. It's a different game and rules now.
your lebron's spokesperson right?
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
your lebron's spokesperson right?

subtle. very subtle. hilarious.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Dagouch
12th Man of the Year.

Dagouch has an OK reputation so far

I'm not a bulls or Heat fan at all. But watching that Game brought me back to the Glory days of the 90's Knicks.

Bulls had so much pride in that game.
Dagouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagouch
I'm not a bulls or Heat fan at all. But watching that Game brought me back to the Glory days of the 90's Knicks.

Bulls had so much pride in that game.
Yeah, those were wars. The way Heat fans are complaining about the Bulls physical play last night has me thinking that they are a bunch of sissies that wouldn't recognize hardnosed basketball if it kicked them in the nuts.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Yeah, thats more LATE 80's and EARLY 90's basketball than the entire 80's...There were some uptempo teams in the 80's.....The Bulls are more like the 90's Bulls, Heat, Knicks, and Pacers.....And late 80's Pistons....
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was very refreshing to watch. I listen to ESPN radio and they were talking on Monday about how Nate was doing the "LeBron" dance telling the media that "I got something for them right here". I just knew they weren't gonna lay down and take it, but I also didn't expect them to come out with this kind of fire.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
It was very refreshing to watch. I listen to ESPN radio and they were talking on Monday about how Nate was doing the "LeBron" dance telling the media that "I got something for them right here". I just knew they weren't gonna lay down and take it, but I also didn't expect them to come out with this kind of fire.

Anyway, I didn't watch the game at all, but the highlights on NBA.com tell me that it was a good game. With that said, this is how basketball should be played. Both teams cared to win, and each possession mattered.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad

I appreciate you appreciating my team.

Basketball fans at it's finest.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked it a lot. I can't wait til their next game and i hope they play in the playoffs.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How was it 80's ball when there are rules that make sure we don't have that kinda basketball anymore? So refs weren't doing their jobs according to the current rules then?
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: