Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Unclear if D-Rose will play this season

Derrick Rose is still not sure he'll play this season, saying that at this point the obstacles are more mental than physical as he tries to return from knee surgery.
The Chicago Bulls' star guard told reporters before practice Tuesday in Los Angeles that he can "do everything."
"It's just me having the confidence to do it. I'm just trying to feel normal. When I'm out there and not thinking and just reacting, that's when I know I'll be ready."
He said he'll return when he feels "normal" and added: "If that's in a couple days, that's great. If it's not, I'm fine." Rose also said there's no cutoff date for him to return even though there are only 19 games remaining.

-- AP
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: Unclear if D-Rose will play this season

I want to see The Return this season.

With that said if he's not back by the 31st against Detroit I don't see him coming back.

He needs to get at least 10 or so games in before the playoffs start to get in some type of rhythm as well as play in some actual games.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #3
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I want to see The Return this season.

With that said if he's not back by the 31st against Detroit I don't see him coming back.

He needs to get at least 10 or so games in before the playoffs start to get in some type of rhythm as well as play in some actual games.

I just wish he would watch the tapes of Ricky Rubio's first 10-15 games, how awful he was and how he is playing much better now bec he has learned to cope and that the more games he plays the better he gets.
That older guys like Nash, Kidd, Andre Miller and even CP3 are not very athletic the past 4 years and YET they are still so effective for their respective teams.
Is it the question of him not "feeling and/or looking good" about himself and not feeling good that he can contribute whatever he can to help his team? out?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I feel like a broken record, but here goes nothing(and to be fair, everyone sounds like a broken record on Rose speculation).

Simple explanation:
Rose 10 minutes before game 1 of the playoffs last season = 100% healthy.
Rose cleared by Doctors for LESS than a month =/= 100%.
Rose declared he wants to be 110%. Translation = stronger than he was, before he tore his ACL.
The human body doesn't build and condition joints and muscle at 10% per week.
If Rose is healthy, but not 100% now, and he wants to be 110% with the blessing and FULL support of the Bulls organization(the only thing that is 110%), FULL support of his teammates, and it takes about 3 weeks to improve conditioning by each step, then we're looking at mid-April(or just flat out shutting Derrick down for the season.)
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I feel like a broken record, but here goes nothing(and to be fair, everyone sounds like a broken record on Rose speculation).

Simple explanation:
Rose 10 minutes before game 1 of the playoffs last season = 100% healthy.
Rose cleared by Doctors for LESS than a month =/= 100%.
Rose declared he wants to be 110%. Translation = stronger than he was, before he tore his ACL.
The human body doesn't build and condition joints and muscle at 10% per week.
If Rose is healthy, but not 100% now, and he wants to be 110% with the blessing and FULL support of the Bulls organization(the only thing that is 110%), FULL support of his teammates, and it takes about 3 weeks to improve conditioning by each step, then we're looking at mid-April(or just flat out shutting Derrick down for the season.)
I don't even think he was 100% at that point. He was dinged up all season and coming back as fast as he could from various nagging injuries iirc. I TOTALLY agree with your overall point though.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I don't even think he was 100% at that point. He was dinged up all season and coming back as fast as he could from various nagging injuries iirc. I TOTALLY agree with your overall point though.

I know, but I make this point because the natural comeback is just that(getting beat up throughout a season). It's a trap that I set to make these impatient kids think more. So if someone believes a player gets beat up during the season, you can't say they heal better by playing. Which one is it.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I know, but I make this point because the natural comeback is just that(getting beat up throughout a season). It's a trap that I set to make these impatient kids think more. So if someone believes a player gets beat up during the season, you can't say they heal better by playing. Which one is it.
Astute point man. I doubt ole boy gets it. He has officially melted down after putting all his hope into Rose coming back in Feb/March.

I want to see the team full strength too, but not until Rose is ready.

Gar and Pax have a lot of work to do this summer. I'm going to be watching very closely.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Rose
Roses Malone

Crystallas.

Go Getter
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
VishaltotheG
College star

I really wish Derrick could just straight up tell us what he wants to do, whether to come back this year or wait until next season. I'm sick of seeing facebook posts saying that he's coming back this game before every single game.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
I really wish Derrick could just straight up tell us what he wants to do, whether to come back this year or wait until next season. I'm sick of seeing facebook posts saying that he's coming back this game before every single game.

But he can't. Have you ever had a serious injury? The Doctors can give you estimates, but did you know exactly when you would be back to your normal self? It's impossible.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
VishaltotheG
College star

Quote:
But he can't. Have you ever had a serious injury? The Doctors can give you estimates, but did you know exactly when you would be back to your normal self? It's impossible.

He still should make a decision. I've had a fracture in my foot before and I immediately decided not to play any sports until it healed completely.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
He still should make a decision. I've had a fracture in my foot before and I immediately decided not to play any sports until it healed completely.

He did though. He said 110%. Unfortunately, you don't know when that happens, he doesn't know, his Doctors don't know, the Psychic Hotline doesn't know.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
He did though. He said 110%. Unfortunately, you don't know when that happens, he doesn't know, his Doctors don't know, the Psychic Hotline doesn't know.
what the hell does he mean by 110%? do we really have to stoop to his level to understand that statement? name me any player who is at 100% right now? heck guys like Nash, CP3,deron Williams, jason Kidd etc etc cant even jump well the last 3 years
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
what the hell does he mean by 110%? do we really have to stoop to his level to understand that statement? name me any player who is at 100% right now? heck guys like Nash, CP3,deron Williams, jason Kidd etc etc cant even jump well the last 3 years

Weren't you one of the genuises who wanted us to draft Beasley?

It doesn't matter what other players are doing. Our team and our system has us on par with the 2nd tier teams without Rose and an ailing Deng. We need Rose at optimum efficiency if we are to go anywhere within the forseeable future.

Dude has more guts than most of us....I played in the biggest HS arena in America aqnd it was scary as shit...these guys have a lot more heart than ome give them credit for.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

110% = conditioned his knees to be stronger than before, so they can take his style of play.

At least that is my best guess, and the only guess that makes any sense at this point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: