Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Paul George or Carmelo Anthony?

Who would you rather have on your team?

I'd go with Paul George, he's a good versatile offensive player and he's also a legitimate DPOY candidate.
Human Error is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Paul George or Carmelo Anthony?

Lol wut
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people

OP is a f@gg0t
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

"Human Error"
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
boxclever
I brick open layups

boxclever has an OK reputation so far

lazy trolling

Quote:
This message is hidden because Human Error is on your ignore list.
boxclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Melo. Paul George is good for the regular season. We've yet to seen what he can do in the playoffs with teams loading up on him. I've seen Melo regularly put up 30+ in the playoffs.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Nezty
Decent playground baller

Nezty is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

Look at that picture then look at your Homer avatar
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

PG is on a way better contract. I take him if im a gm in a vacuum
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Melo. Paul George is good for the regular season. We've yet to seen what he can do in the playoffs with teams loading up on him. I've seen Melo regularly put up 30+ in the playoffs.

We have also seen Melo regularly lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. Give me George. Melo doesn't make anyone better.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'll take Melo. Paul George can't score for shyt during close games.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

For what it's worth, PG is 6 years younger.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
hitmanyr2k
Complete Player

hitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0

Where has Carmelo's scoring gotten him or his teams? That guy has been out of the first round only once his entire career. Erase 2009 and he's T-Mac all over again.
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
Where has Carmelo's scoring gotten him or his teams? That guy has been out of the first round only once his entire career. Erase 2009 and he's T-Mac all over again.

Not going to give the original question a response...for it is pure trolling.

However, on the TMac thing. When should Tmac have gotten out of the first round? Idiots look at basketball (and yes I know many of the media talking heads do the same, and yes they are idiots) and say oh he hasn't gotten out of the first round...he doesn't know how to win. Obviously, being too stupid to realize that it takes help and teammates, and favorable matchups to make that happen.

Tmac was compared to Kobe. Kobe was a teammate of arguably the most dominant player ever in Shaq, while Tmac signed up to join forces with Grant Hill who never played. It was impressive enough that the Magic were making the playoffs. Then he goes to Houston to have a strong season wins 20+ games in a row at a stretch (even without Yao for much of it) and Yao ultimately goes out for the rest of the year during that stretch. One player can keep you in games, can win you games...but its very tough to say that one great player (no matter who) can win a series by himself vs a more complete team.

Look at Wade, when Shaq left. Look at Kobe when Shaq left immediately, until Pau replaced him.

Look at KG for example. KG is a guy that along with Duncan are the 2 players I look at as maybe the 2 best power forwards ever (it's arguable even in my head, but still). KG never got out of the first round in Minnie, he got an over the hill Spreewell and Cassell and went to the WCF and won MVP, and that would've been the only time it happened had he not gotten traded to Boston and lead a team to a title that first year. Carmelo was on teams that couldn't shoot, and didn't defend, and were very injured...got an over the hill Billups and if not for a terrible matchup in the paint with Gasol/Bynum over Kmart/Nene could've won a title in 09. Lebron has never not gotten out of the first round, but would've missed the playoffs maybe more often than not if Cleveland were in the West...the Finals team wouldn't have made it out of the West first round that season ( many ECFinalists teams would've had that same scenario around that time).

Statements regarding team, and more specifically playoff success based on one player is way too often overstated when comparing players or judging players. It's nuts.

If Tmac and Kobe traded teams in the early 2000s, Tmac would've been a great champion with Shaq...while Kobe struggled to get out of the first round with the Magic...unless he had some magic beans to make Grant Hill healthy.

Love these guys, but Magic, Bird, Jordan had teams that would've competed for their conference with lesser players at their positions substituting for them. The current Miami Heat have a team that led by Wade and Bosh, are good enough to either compete in the 2nd round or even sneak into the Finals (only to lose of course) if Lebron James were replaced by Ron Artest.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: