Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Ioannis Antetokoumpo 18 Year Old 6'9" Tall Point Guard

The reports are now that NBA teams want to setup a private workout session with him, where all the NBA teams can watch him in person. Like they did with Yao Ming before he was drafted.

Physicals:

Position: Point Guard

Height: 6'9"

Weight: 215

Wingspan: 7'3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmy5cigYHyo
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Ioannis Antetokoumpo 18 Year Old 6'9" Tall Point Guard

Nah. he won't make it.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Donnybrook
I hit open layups

Donnybrook has an OK reputation so far

He looks like a smaller version of Durant. Not saying he's as good or even could be, but he definitely resembles him. If I had to bet I would say he wouldn't make it unless he's got some ungodly jump shot.
Donnybrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
The reports are now that NBA teams want to setup a private workout session with him, where all the NBA teams can watch him in person. Like they did with Yao Ming before he was drafted.

Physicals:

Position: Point Guard

Height: 6'9"

Weight: 215

Wingspan: 7'3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmy5cigYHyo

Lol. the last tall ( 6'6 and up) PG that was actually a pure PG was Shawn Livingston... INjuries robbed him of his career, but I just dont see a tall PG working in full time capacity.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Lol. the last tall ( 6'6 and up) PG that was actually a pure PG was Shawn Livingston... INjuries robbed him of his career, but I just dont see a tall PG working in full time capacity.

Papaloukas is 6'7" and he worked out fine.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation

Whats up with the music on that video though
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

Quote:

Don't worry, Euroleague just lied.

He's a SF.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ioannis_Adetokunbo

He's just playing with and against 18 year old greek boys - of course the ball is always in his hands.
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
Don't worry, Euroleague just lied.

He's a SF.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ioannis_Adetokunbo

He's just playing with and against 18 year old greek boys - of course the ball is always in his hands.

He plays point guard idiot. Point guard or point forward, depending on the defense assignment. So yes, he is a point guard. The ball isn't always in his hand either you ****ing moron.

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?C...am=7423&Page=3

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Shaun* Livingston was a "pure PG" only because he couldnt do anything else well at that size besides handle the ball extremly well and pass it somewhat.... and i dont think his injury robbed him much.....

Amongst active players:

Lebron James was a "6'6 and over" PG coming in to the NBA and much better at that than Livingston ever was and can do & does that as a point-forward in full-time capacity anyways (and will even start/play PG at times)..... very dominantly i would say...

Greivis Vasquez was a "6'6 and over" PG coming in to the NBA (and still is a PG) and i would say better at that than Livingston was and he is in that role at full-time capacity... right now that guy averages 9.4 apg (2nd in the NBA)

Joe Johnson was a "6'6" and over" PG coming in to the NBA and will still do alot of point-forwarding at full-time capacity, he was/is better than Livingston ever was....

Tyreke Evans was a "6'6" and over" PG coming in to the NBA and did/does start/play PG alot.... he was/is better than Livingston ever was.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Shaun* Livingston was a "pure PG" only because he couldnt do anything else well at that size besides handle the ball extremly well and pass it somewhat.... and i dont think his injury robbed him much.....

Amongst active players:

Lebron James was a "6'6 and over" PG coming in to the NBA and much better at that than Livingston ever was and can do & does that as a point-forward in full-time capacity anyways (and will even start/play PG at times)..... very dominantly i would say...

Greivis Vasquez was a "6'6 and over" PG coming in to the NBA (and still is a PG) and i would say better at that than Livingston was and he is in that role at full-time capacity... right now that guy averages 9.4 apg (2nd in the NBA)

Joe Johnson was a "6'6" and over" PG coming in to the NBA and will still do alot of point-forwarding at full-time capacity, he was/is better than Livingston ever was....

Tyreke Evans was a "6'6" and over" PG coming in to the NBA and did/does start/play PG alot.... he was/is better than Livingston ever was.

Bird, T-Mac, and Pippen also played point forward. Ron Harper also played quite a bit of point guard.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Bird, T-Mac, and Pippen also played point forward. Ron Harper also played quite a bit of point guard.

Well i talked about active NBA players.

Quote:
"I just dont see a tall PG working in full time capacity.".

Do you know about a guy called Magic Johnson? He not only worked as a PG in full time capacity... but in higher capacity than any PG, ever... :P

Last edited by pauk : 02-24-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Reminds me of...

GOAT PG AMIRITE?!
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
pauk
NBA Legend

Derailed the thread maybe a bit, but anyways... i dont know about this Ioannis guy, we shall see what happens, good luck to him.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
Reminds me of...

GOAT PG AMIRITE?!

Ah yea, Sun "Chinese Magic Johnson" Yue... I feel he should be given a second chance, i felt the Lakers used him incorrectly by using him off of his lifetime used position & role... He was an extremly good ballhandler and great passer to and thats it... he was meant to play PG, not SF & off the ball like Lakers used him, with very few minutes and very few occasions....

Last edited by pauk : 02-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Well i talked about active NBA players.

Do you know about a guy called Magic Johnson?

Todays PG's are so athletic and strong. If we are talking about a player who is at the position fo PG that is 6'6 and up, he needs to have the ability to post up like Magic could, or borderline elite athleticism.

I remember Tyreke Evans was Sacs PG initially.. he was getting burned routinely at that spot.

Magic, and Lebron are exceptions to the rule. We are talking about the probability that is it successful.

Some of you brought up Joe Johnson, Tmac, etc..Theres a reason they didnt pan out full time at PG.

Shaun Livingston could not shoot, but he was a very good PG and even had good defense. I like Greivis but a healthy Livingston was on his way to being premier floor general while being 6'6-6'7
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: