Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

Honest question. I think it's shocking that the odds-on favorite to win the Championship is LAST in the NBA in rebounding. Has a team ever won a Championship while being the worst rebounding team in the league?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

I highly doubt it. Championship teams are usually pretty balanced and only have relative weaknesses.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

There's a first time for everything.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's where Miami's at right now, so maybe we'll see this year
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They don't rebound the ball a lot but they don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and they play great defense so I don't it being a huge problem for them to overcome. Only team that may give them trouble is Indiana though. But it's tough to say that they could overcome LeBron/Wade/Bosh in a 7 game series.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Weren't the Heat pretty bad at rebounding last year?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
They don't rebound the ball a lot but they don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and they play great defense so I don't it being a huge problem for them to overcome. Only team that may give them trouble is Indiana though. But it's tough to say that they could overcome LeBron/Wade/Bosh in a 7 game series.

This.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Weren't the Heat pretty bad at rebounding last year?
Chris Bosh averaged 18 and 8 last year and tied with Lebron as the Heat's best rebounder.

In the playoffs, Lebron averaged 9.7 RPG
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

That's pretty troubling for them.
Not that it's impossible for them to do it, it just strikes me as a real red flag.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
albas89
Jessica Alba

albas89 has an OK reputation so far

Now that Sullinger is out for the season, the Celtics are gonna take Miami's last place in rebounding, so you don't have to wonder anymore...
albas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You mean rebounding differential or total rebounds? Because rebounding differential is a far better way to judge how well a team rebounds. The post-'09 Celtics were greatly held back by their rebounding. It's the biggest reason they didn't win the 2010 title, and if they were a decent rebounding team, they would have been in the finals last season.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
You mean rebounding differential or total rebounds? Because rebounding differential is a far better way to judge how well a team rebounds. The post-'09 Celtics were greatly held back by their rebounding. It's the biggest reason they didn't win the 2010 title, and if they were a decent rebounding team, they would have been in the finals last season.

If we're talking Differential, Miami is the 8th worst team in the NBA. The Kings and Mavs are actually the worst.

Last edited by bdreason : 02-02-2013 at 08:06 PM.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
If we're talking Differential, Miami is the 6th worst team in the NBA. The Clippers are actually the worst... but I don't think most have the Clips as real contenders.

Where did you find the stats for rebounding differential? It'd be interesting to see who the worst team was. I can't remember any championship teams who were poor rebounding teams off the top of my head.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

I find their rebounding problems due to their defensive system.
Bosh was averaging 10 rebound per game plus in toronto. Lebron, Wade for their positions are very good rebounders.

But their defensive system is to push for turnovers...overhelping. which catches them out of place many times.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

has a team that was in the bottom 3 of any statistical category ever won a championship ?
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: