Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Any NHL fans? Teach me hockey.

Please. Give me the basics of the sport...rules, teams, players.

I find hockey to be damn entertaining but I want to be a fan of it like I am of basketball. I'm a Blackhawks fan (already was a Cubs and Bears fan, so chose the Hawks...like Kane, Hossa, Toews so far ).

The only games I have watched all the way are the Winter Classic once and also the Stanley Cup final where Crosby and Pens beat the Red Wings.

TEACH ME!!! much rep when it's back.

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Any NHL fans? Teach me hockey.

Don't do this yourself mane!!!!!!
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Don't do this yourself mane!!!!!!
Give it to me!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a canandian friend from bte, when he goes online he'll tell you everything you need to know. His username is Bcogswell
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
I have a canandian friend from bte, when he goes online he'll tell you everything you need to know. His username is Bcogswell
Seen him around. Thanks for heads up!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Seen him around. Thanks for heads up!

I always got your back, Rose ;)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
I always got your back, Rose ;)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Boozer needs to stick his back...side into an opposing player more often on both ends. Backing down and boxing out are elements of basketball too Boozer.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Boozer needs to stick his back...side into an opposing player more often on both ends. Backing down and boxing out are elements of basketball too Boozer.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Thanks for the shout out.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
BuffaloBill
Pills + Potions

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Give it to me!!!!

BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #14
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Thanks for the shout out.
You are the expert of NHl! You should spread your knowledge to ISH
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As far as the basic rules are concerned:

- There are three 20 minute periods, if the game is tied after the end of three periods it goes into OT which is a 5 minute period where the play is 4 on 4 instead of the regular 5 on 5. If someone scores during OT, the game is over. If no-one scores in OT it moves onto a shootout where the game will eventually be decided. For every win a team gets 2 points and for every loss in OT/SO you get 1 point.

- There is 12 players on the ice at one time, which is broken down into these positions LW, C, RW, LD, RD, G for each team.

- As far as what will get you called for a penalty.. theres a few things. Interfering, tripping, hooking, fighting, instigating, closing your hand on a puck in your own zone, hitting from behind, elbowing, hit to the head, shooting the puck over the boards (without it being deflected by someone on the other team).

If you receive a penalty, your player goes into the penalty box to serve his time. Its usually 2 or 4 minutes but you can receive more then that.

- Now when your watching the game there will be a couple things you might notice and don't know what they mean which is offside and icing. Offside is simply someone going into the offensive zone before the puck does, and icing is any puck shot from before the center ice that goes all the way down to the other end. If either one is called, it will result in a face-off. The only difference is the location of the face-off, and whether you can change your line or not. For an offside you would have a face-off just outside the blueline where you got called for an offside and you would be allowed to change your lines. However, for an icing your team will not be allowed to change lines (forcing you to keep the tired players on the ice), and the face-off will be brought all the way down to your zone and taken in one of the circles beside your goalie.

As far as individual points are concerned, there is goals which can be broken down into 3 categories which are Powerplay goals (a goal where you have the man advantage), short handed goals ( a goal where you are down a man), and regular strength goal ( where no-one has a man advantage). They are all worth the same but they keep track of the stats to show who is more dangerous in which situations. Assists on the other hand are somewhat similar to NBA except that it is the last two people to touch the puck before the goal was scored.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: