Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

Default Are Net fans still waiting on Dwight Howard? Serious question....

This morning on twitter Evan Roberts posted a possible Dwight Howard trade to get him to the Nets. I rolled my eyes and he told me Dwight's value is low so it's possible.

Essentially it would require the Lakers blowing up their team to rebuild around Brook Lopez, or another piece to acquire Howard. Which strikes me as unlikely (especially with the Lakers, it's counter to how they run their business). But he's almost insisting. When i go to Nets games the people around me were talking about how good Lopez was playing, now they can trade him for Howard.

Is this still actually something Net fans have in the back of their mind, or have you moved on? With the S&T no longer an option i think it's ridiculous (they'd need to send him to the Nets in the next few weeks). But i get the feeling i'm in the minority.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: Are Net fans still waiting on Dwight Howard? Serious question....

I've moved on ever since he signed his extension. I feel a lot of people here feel the same. I'm content with Brook being our center for years to come, he's proven that he can be the center we always wanted. We've been through the Summer of 2010, the Melo Drama, and Dwightmare 2 to 3 times, we're used to not getting the big stars you guys usually get.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Nope, its all over for me since trade deadline of March last year, I mean seriously. Not buying much of the offseason drama, let alone this current saga that every sane nets fan should realize that its nowhere near being realistic.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
gigantes
‪ ‪

i seriously doubt that any team (still) sees brook as a guy to 'build a team around', but i think that most would agree that he can be an above-average center in the NBA.

personally i have no interest in dwight right now because of how much he utterly refuses to grow up. that is, when you have THAT many people telling you how incredible you are on a daily basis, it can make growing up very, very difficult. amazingly so. but dwight doesn't quite seem to have the character to push through that right now, unfortunately.

he's still a child, and it's rarely a good idea to entrust important jobs to children unless you have a really strong, effective personality to manage them.

the end.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

Essentially media hype. I still think LA is a good place for him, the media is hyper reactive to the Lakers but it's also VERY quick to jump back on the bandwagon. The same season he's having now, but in NY - can you imagine?

We won't know until next year, beyond if he's healthy but ultimate Net fans might look back with a huge sigh of relief that he didn't come here.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
gigantes
‪ ‪

well, it's like... how many dwightmares must a fan sit through before they say "no thanks - pass" when the show comes around yet again?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

The Nets are backing Brook Lopez while doubting that Dwight Howard will ever become available, even as the Lakers crumble and Howard’s camp pines for Brooklyn.

According to multiple team sources, the Nets have not engaged in trade talks for Howard and remain skeptical the Lakers will deal their center by next month’s deadline. They’ve also talked privately with Lopez about the circumstances, reassuring him that he’s not involved in any trade proposals after he signed a four-year, $61 million deal.

Still, the acrimony in Los Angeles between Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard — as well as the center’s reported discontent with Mike D’Antoni’s system — continues to fuel speculation that the Lakers will trade Howard instead of losing him for nothing this summer in free agency. The Orange County Register reported Tuesday that Howard has joked about Bryant’s shot selection behind his back, “making teammates uncomfortable.” A league source told the Daily News that Howard and Bryant had a heated exchange after a game on New Year’s Day, during which Bryant called his teammate “soft.”

-- NY Daily News
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

No thanks! unless the lakers wanna trade Gasol to a third team and give the Nets more than just howard. :p
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #9
gigantes
‪ ‪

we'll take howard's physical body and 99.9% of his brain, but that other .1 portion made up exclusively of dark-matter superego, futurama nibbler-ppoop material?? he can send it over to kobe... no thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
nothinbutnet
#killdit

No, thanks. Don't want him and never really did.
nothinbutnet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: