Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Default What can the Celtics get for Rondo?

What are your opinions on what Rondo's value is? If the right deal was in play then i think its time that the Celtics part with him to be honest.

Ideas?
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Default Re: What can the Celtics get for Rondo?

Rondo has been a top 3 playoff performer for 3 postseasons in a row.

No thanks. You can't tell Rondo doesn't give a shit in the regular season by now?

smh
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Rondo has been a top 3 playoff performer for 3 postseasons in a row.

No thanks. You can't tell Rondo doesn't give a shit in the regular season by now?

smh

Rondo is never going to lead the Celtics to a championship as the number one guy
Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews1
Rondo is never going to lead the Celtics to a championship as the number one guy

But lets be realistic, you cant get a better player than Rondo if Celtics were to trade him.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
talkingconch
College star

Lakers will take him once Nash is done
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #6
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

The Jazz will probably give you Jefferson and Mo.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

I agree with this, mostly the offense becomes like Rondo dribbling for like 10 seconds and the C's only start their offense with like 10 in the shotclock.

But tbh he's got some intangibles that's really important like his dribbling skills (watching courtney lee as PG is just ), rebounding and time-to-time finding the open man but in terms of the long-term you need a PG who can score when needed.

Thing is there's not much PGs out there that's able to replace Rondo, probably Irving? or they could hope that Bradley turns out to be a floor general for the future..
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #8
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie

They're on a 5 game winning streak and you wanna trade Rondo? He's not your problem. It's your rebounding and lack of size. Make a move for a legit 5 man.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #9
DMV2
No title

Quote:
Well, it's true isn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
They're on a 5 game winning streak and you wanna trade Rondo? He's not your problem. It's your rebounding and lack of size. Make a move for a legit 5 man.
OP is just trying to rub it in on "Rondo haters" such as myself.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #10
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Lakers will give you Artest and Gasol It's a fair trade promise.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #11
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Quote:

Oh you mean like how he came within 1 quarter of doing it in 2010 and 1 quarter away from getting into the NBA Finals against the eventual champions?
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #12
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Even though he is starting to piss me off with his lazy attitude, I still believe we need him for playoffs and against Heat in particular.

If Danny can get a good starting Center for Bass and draft picks, Celtics are SET!
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #13
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Oh you mean like how he came within 1 quarter of doing it in 2010 and 1 quarter away from getting into the NBA Finals against the eventual champions?

In 2010 PP, KG & RA were all in much better condition than they are now and Ray is gone. As they age it becomes more and more dependent and Rondo and yes last year we came close but people dont remember how close people were to championships they remember who wins them. I didnt say that we absolutely have to trade Rondo but i said if the right deal was on the table, hence why i was asking for opinions on what people thought his value was. I like Rondo and hes one of the premier playoff performers. But i also think that the skills that he has are not ones that lead to championships. Being great at getting assists is great but we need reliable scoring and rebounding and hes just not consistent enough with scoring, exploding for one game is great but its not enough. In saying that though theres unlikely to be deals that will be beneficial from the Celtics pov
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #14
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
Even though he is starting to piss me off with his lazy attitude, I still believe we need him for playoffs and against Heat in particular.

If Danny can get a good starting Center for Bass and draft picks, Celtics are SET!

I would prefer to keep Rondo and trade Bass or somebody else aswell but i just dont know how much value the other players hold and whether or not they will be able to attract a player that will really make a difference. I would rather keep Bradley and Sullinger as well they both have potential.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #15
Magic bird
The Banner

Rondo was crazy last years playoffs, Its because of him and KG, the Celtics were so close to getting back to the finals.
17.3 PPG (46 FG%)
11.9 APG
2.4 SPG
6.7 RPG

I would'nt try and get rid of Rondo, i would just pair him with a younger wing scorer (If only Paul Pierce was younger ) and a big man who can run the fast break. Even Ian mahinimi would be able to thrive under a pass first PG like Rondo, not only that but he is an excellent PnR defender and can man the paint. (Mahinimi that is)

Right now, im hoping the Celtics get rid off bass(Sully can start) and bring in a guy like Koufos or Hickson who can start at PF?

recently another poster on ISH involved the Celtics in a 3 team(Forgot the third team) trade where the C's trade Jason Terry and Fab Melo for Marcin Gortat, I hope Ainge considers all options before puuling the trigger on any trades, especially with all these recent rumours on Paul Pierce. I regret that the C's did'nt get Landry during the offseason and rather spent alot of money on Bass and creating a logjam at the SG position.

Last edited by Magic bird : 01-12-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: