Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Andray Blatche says he is innocent

Andray Blatche said he can't talk about what happened in his hotel suite at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning, but promised the truth will come out soon and claimed he will be exonerated of any wrongdoing.

"I'm not worried at all,'' Blatche said after practice today. "I know, when the truth comes out, then everybody will realize what really happened. In the meantime, I can't really have too much comments on (it).''

Blatche, who has had a checkered past, was questioned by Philadelphia police Tuesday in connection with 21-year-old woman's claim that she was raped in his hotel suite early that morning. The police, who also brought in two other men for questioning about the incident, reportedly said Blatche had no part in the alleged rape and Blatche was free to play for the Nets that night against the 76ers. He scored 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the Nets' 109-89 victory.

-- Newark Star-Ledger
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Andray Blatche says he is innocent

Of course hes innocent, the girl admitted that Blatche was barely a watcher. When was the last time a witness of crime gets sentenced?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

Have you followed his career? This is not a positive. It's good he's not involved (to be honest he seems like an ok guy albeit stupid - i don't believe at all he's involved at any point.). But at some point you put yourself in a situation like this and you don't get out. I'm relatively sure the Nets had a converations with him that went "Are you ok? GOOD. You're not involved? WE FIGURED THAT. ARE YOU A ****ING IDIOT? PLEASE DON"T LET US HEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Regardless of what the Nets officials would say about this, Blatche is still by far the best pickup for us during offseason. Dude gets scrub salary and is doing 6th man's job.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Have you followed his career? This is not a positive. It's good he's not involved (to be honest he seems like an ok guy albeit stupid - i don't believe at all he's involved at any point.). But at some point you put yourself in a situation like this and you don't get out. I'm relatively sure the Nets had a converations with him that went "Are you ok? GOOD. You're not involved? WE FIGURED THAT. ARE YOU A ****ING IDIOT? PLEASE DON"T LET US HEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN.
agree, and he sounded like a total knucklehead based on what he said today: "i have no plans to change my friends or how i live my life." (paraphrasing)

but the team's only renting him, anyway. still, if he could make sure to do one more dumbass thing right before the FA signing period this summer, that would be sort of great. then the nets could afford to keep him another year or two. :-)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

Ah he will be fine, hes not the top 3 players on the team so he aint gonna be on the spotlight that gives players pressure and troubles.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

This will be the last time i mention this because i know people don't care if their players misbehave or not, and it feels mean spirited (I thought Blatche would be a big star in Washington). But the facts coming out and just the utter lack of judgment makes me sad. It reminds me of JR, i LOVE watching JR play, and i'm glad he's letting the Knicks baby him (they set him up with a person to make sure he doesn't spend too much) but is their any chance JR is not broke when he retires? Any chance Blatche isn't out of the league at some point due to poor judgment?

Last edited by niko : 01-12-2013 at 09:55 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #8
Brook(lyn)Lopez
High School Starter

Blatche's 6'11 ass shoulda stopped any rape from happening.
Brook(lyn)Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: