Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Chauncey Billups Comment On The Lakers

"They are trying to stack the deck over there, but I tell you what -- I'm very pleased with my team and what we've been able to do and I will just say this -- don't nobody scare me, man,"

Pretty much a non story but lately tons of players have shrugged off the question with "I don't care" so it's pretty interesting to get a real response.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012082.../1051/sports03

Edit: His rehab is going great should be ready first month of the season.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Chauncey Billups Comment On The Lakers

"don't nobody scare me, man"

so that means he Scarrrred
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
LBJDW305
Local High School Star

LBJDW305 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe's going to end his career for that probably lock him in a room in Colorado
LBJDW305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
krazymofo
Lurkin since '06

krazymofo has decent reputationkrazymofo has decent reputation

for a second i thought the thread was about Chauncey going to the Lakers.
krazymofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
kennethgriffin
NBA sixth man of the year

kennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

and what did chauncey think he was doing when he ran to the clippers with kmart, paul, butler and griffin
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
and what did chauncey think he was doing when he ran to the clippers with kmart, paul, butler and griffin

HUH??? He didnt say anything was wrong with them STACKING the team. He said he isnt scared (most sportsmedia members throwing them in finals) and is confident in his own team. He isnt afraid of the mighty Lakers as the sportsmedia is painting them out to be. HOW on earth you couldnt comprehend this quote beats me you fake ass Heat fan.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Clippers got him off amnesty, it's not like he had a choice. Also it was before the Paul trade IIRC.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
"They are trying to stack the deck over there, but I tell you what -- I'm very pleased with my team and what we've been able to do and I will just say this -- don't nobody scare me, man,"

Pretty much a non story but lately tons of players have shrugged off the question with "I don't care" so it's pretty interesting to get a real response.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012082.../1051/sports03

Edit: His rehab is going great should be ready first month of the season.

Hmm just wondering why did he mention SCARE in his thoughts.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Billups has always been a class act.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
kennethgriffin

kennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partskennethgriffin has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Clippers got him off amnesty, it's not like he had a choice. Also it was before the Paul trade IIRC.

so... how does that change the fact that they were stacking the deck via trades/free agency with kmart/butler/paul/mo williams etc...

they already had griffin and then got billups

and he did have a choice. he could have went to europe for more money. but because he was still making money from his other contract ontop of the minimum offer. he was fine with sticking around in the nba in hopes of a stacked deck team making a run at a title
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

He scared.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Man the Clippers are depressing. They form a decent team FINALLY and the Lakers just form a super ultra mega team . It is all in Clipperfans head. His nightmares consist of Nash alley ooping Dwight Howard.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
kennethgriffin

poor clippers

they cant get anyone

feel sorry for their fans
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Hmm just wondering why did he mention SCARE in his thoughts.
This.

If you aint concerned then afraid and scared wouldnt be part of your discussion.. Unless it was brought up by the reporter.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:

poor clippers

they cant get anyone

feel sorry for their fans
Pretty much seem like a band of scrubs haha.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: