Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The decline of the Wolves over the past few weeks

First, let me say this: I became a fan of Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, so don't confuse this with a hate thread. In fact, Love, Rubio, and D. Rose are my 3 favorite new school non-Blazers (I say new school because there are guys like Duncan who I love but are just not at the top of their game anymore).

Anyway, what happened? The Wolves were looking like they were a sure thing to make the playoffs with Rubio and Love. Rubio got hurt, and that obviously made a negative impact on the team, but certainly losing Rubio can't be the only reason the team has seemingly crumbled (plus I don't think it was immediately after Rubio left). Love dominated statistically and improved even more after his MIP award. Yet, the Wolves are on an 8 game losing streak. Last year I was in the camp of viewing Love as an empty stats guy. I was no longer believing that, but right now, it is very reminiscent of last season where he gets lots of stats but no Ws. What is the deal? How much of that is the lack of Rubio? What other factors are in play?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Profound
Good High School Starter

Profound has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The decline of the Wolves over the past few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
First, let me say this: I became a fan of Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, so don't confuse this with a hate thread. In fact, Love, Rubio, and D. Rose are my 3 favorite new school non-Blazers (I say new school because there are guys like Duncan who I love but are just not at the top of their game anymore).

Anyway, what happened? The Wolves were looking like they were a sure thing to make the playoffs with Rubio and Love. Rubio got hurt, and that obviously made a negative impact on the team, but certainly losing Rubio can't be the only reason the team has seemingly crumbled (plus I don't think it was immediately after Rubio left). Love dominated statistically and improved even more after his MIP award. Yet, the Wolves are on an 8 game losing streak. Last year I was in the camp of viewing Love as an empty stats guy. I was no longer believing that, but right now, it is very reminiscent of last season where he gets lots of stats but no Ws. What is the deal? How much of that is the lack of Rubio? What other factors are in play?
They've gotten worse defensively and they had some other injuries besides Rubio's.
Profound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They shoot threes poorly and defend like crap. Probably other reasons too.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Wear and tear of the season. Not quite enough talent or depth to overcome it. Look across the league even good teams are having horrible games.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pekovic has been injured too, who's an important player to that team.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Profound
Good High School Starter

Profound has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully they can stay relatively healthy next season and make some roster changes here and there. They should be back stronger next season and looking for a playoff position.
Profound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

The Hornets are very happy.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

They lost Pekovic and Adelman is keeping a pretty short rotation. There aren't many minutes, consistently, for Beasley.

It just catches up.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: