Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Redskins trade for #2 overall

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbhvr8
Quote:
Major scoopage: Redskins have agreed to a trade w Rams for #2 pick of draft. Rams and Skins swap first rounders this yr w Rams also getting 2 future #1s and additional picks. Story coming on fox sports dot com
RG3's a Redskin.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Congrats Redskins. I'm glad the Browns didn't attempt to compete with that. What an absurd amount to give up. Three first round picks?

And this year's second rounder?

Good luck with that.

Everyone, say hello to the Mo Claiborne/Joe Haden corner tandem in Cleveland.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Congrats Redskins. I'm glad the Browns didn't attempt to compete with that. What an absurd amount to give up. Three first round picks?

And this year's second rounder?

Good luck with that.

Everyone, say hello to the Mo Claiborne/Joe Haden corner tandem in Cleveland.

Why is that? Wouldn't this make Blackmon almost certainly available at #4 for the Browns to take?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm so upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why is that? Wouldn't this make Blackmon almost certainly available at #4 for the Browns to take?

Seriously. Why wouldnt Blackmon be the pick.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I get the feeling the Browns aren't wild about Blackmon. I've always liked him as a prospect, but there is almost no buzz in Cleveland surrounding Blackmon coming from those in the know. It seemed to me that if we didn't get RG3, it was going to be Claiborne. Sheldon Brown simply cannot play the No. 2 corner position anymore and Claiborne is legit.

I was really, really high on Blackmon until I heard he was only 6-foot. I still like him a lot, but that is pretty short for the receiver position.

Don't get me wrong... Still love to have him. But, I just don't think Holmgren/Heckert will go that direction. Neither of those guys have ever taken a WR that high and I don't think Blackmon is going to be the exception.

I still think Blackmon could be Greg Jennings 2.0.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-09-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Good spot for Griffin III. Shanahan's system is very friendly to mobile QBs.

Manning, Vick, Romo, RGIII in the NFC East. Not bad.

Wouldn't suprise me at all to see the Giants host the Redskins for the season opener considering how much hype Griffin III has received.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Redskins fans better hope that their regime is good at finding elite talent outside of the first round. They have a lot of holes to fill and they've just given up a lot for one player.

We'll see how it works.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, What a steal from St. Louis and an AWFUL trade for the Redskins..

This is the type of move that will set the Redskins back 10 years.. Shitttt

****, Rams are going to have shit ton of picks to work with these next years
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Wow that's a lot to give up for RG3..better hope he's your QB of the future.

This could be a great trade for the Rams..they have a lot of holes and this sets them up to add some talent through the draft not only this year but the next couple as well.

Skins will still need to find a WR though, maybe in free agency they could grab V-Jax..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Redskins have a solid defense. The biggest hole there was QB. They gave up a ton no doubt, but they can fill their holes via free agency.

Resign London Fletcher, go after interior OL in free agency. Then bargain hunt for CB, DL.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Sounds like a ridiculous amount. I hope Griffin isn't a bust.

Cuz if not, it is going to set that franchise back so far back. God the skins just do so many stupid moves.

Seriously that's just a terrible amount to give.

And rba, I thought you guys would wanna draft blackmon. He playc bigger then he is it seems like. What's the point of making the defense better if the offense can't put up points. It'll be the same issues you had last year with the same QB issues and lack of playmakers.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Yeah, him measuring 6 foot doesn't mean much to me. He was never a Calvin Johnson type prospect.

He plays like a big receiver. Like Hakeem Nicks.

Claiborne is my favorite corner prospect to come out in quite some time though, so it's not like they're making a huge mistake.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Redskins have a solid defense. The biggest hole there was QB. They gave up a ton no doubt, but they can fill their holes via free agency.

Resign London Fletcher, go after interior OL in free agency. Then bargain hunt for CB, DL.
London Fletcher is a great player... A HOFer in my opinion. But, the guy is 37-years-old. There is going to come a time probably very soon where he is not able to be the difference-maker on a defense. If they are going to rely on Fletcher to lead their defense during this RG3 era, that is a tremendous risk that is bound to fail, imo, as much as I love London.

Who is their No. 1 receiver? Santana Moss? Jabar Gaffney?

How is their offensive line?

They better hope these areas are pretty well established if they are giving up this much.

This was my worst nightmare as a Browns fan and one of the reasons I was so apprehensive about RG3 in the first place. I thought we would have to give up too much. Well, my fears were justified. Thankfully, we didn't sell the farm.

I'm very happy with retaining Nos. 4, 22 and 37. We have a real chance to make great strides in this pretty loaded draft. In order to match Washington's package, we would have probably had to give up those three picks plus next year's No. 1... F#CK THAT.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-09-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Sounds like a ridiculous amount. I hope Griffin isn't a bust.

Cuz if not, it is going to set that franchise back so far back. God the skins just do so many stupid moves.

Seriously that's just a terrible amount to give.

And rba, I thought you guys would wanna draft blackmon. He playc bigger then he is it seems like. What's the point of making the defense better if the offense can't put up points. It'll be the same issues you had last year with the same QB issues and lack of playmakers.
Hey, I'm with you... I like Blackmon a lot. I'm just telling you the vibes that I get coming out of Berea (Browns headquarters).

I won't be complaining a whole lot if we get Claiborne.

The Browns became 'The Dawgs' in the mid-80s with Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon locking down the corner positions for a decade... Barking at opponents.

That is the kind of tandem we have the opportunity to create with Haden and Claiborne.

Maybe we could get a receiver at 22 or 37? I like Michael Floyd a lot, personally. Not as much as Blackmon, but I would take him at 22 if he were to slip.

And I think he could be a nice No. 1 receiver in the league in the right system.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Hey, I'm with you... I like Blackmon a lot. I'm just telling you the vibes that I get coming out of Berea (Browns headquarters).

I won't be complaining a whole lot if we get Claiborne.

The Browns became 'The Dawgs' in the mid-80s with Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon locking down the corner positions for a decade... Barking at opponents.

That is the kind of tandem we have the opportunity to create with Haden and Claiborne.

Maybe we could get a receiver at 22 or 37? I like Michael Floyd a lot, personally. Not as much as Blackmon, but I would take him at 22 if he were to slip.

And I think he could be a nice No. 1 receiver in the league in the right system.

Whoa buddy I like Floyd too and I doubt the Bears pass him up. They have said they like him and the Bears, much like the Browns need a playmaker in the receiving Corp. And Floyd's size makes him real attractive to our fave teams. I'm hoping someone like him and not a guy like Wright, no more small, speedy guys.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: