Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Mavs Vs Spurs Game Thread

who wins and why?

im gonna say Spurs in a very close game. Spurs have more to prove at home and Dallas just played a very physical game.

Spurs 91 Mavs 88 but wouldnt be surprised if Dallas pulls it out.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #2
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

*crickets*
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #3
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

actually manu ginoblis struggles are affecting the spurs alot, negatively.

i wouldnt be suprised of dallas won. they are on fire also. and this physical game u talk about lol...right.

but man, come playoff time i dont see the spurs losing if their trio is healthy. it just doesnt seem to be that much of a chance. last year...tim duncans feet...and thent hey came back for ag ame 7. almost had it but lol...stupid foul. hehe dallas is a good team though. no denying that. plus they have a riche owner that is willing to do anything to get a title, including being fined 100 times a year.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

i am going to let the teams decide on the court. No love lost between these two. Dallas has always considered Spurs a rival and the Spurs discovered there was a team in Dallas just last year. Should be fun.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Spurs are not gonna lose 3 straight...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:47 AM   #6
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Spurs are not gonna lose 3 straight...
exactly... that combined with homecourt advantage = spurs victory. It'll be a tight game though, I put the spurs up by two.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 AM   #7
KIWI

this gonna be tough for the boys even though the mavs are a bit banged up from last night i still think they're gonna lift just cause its against the spurs also the spurs confidence is a bit down at the moment.

if the spurs stay with them and dont let dallas get a big lead early then we got a chance!

spurs v mavs is always 50-50 should be a great game between two feirce rivals:)

Last edited by KIWI : 01-05-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Id usually want Spurs to win but goin for Mavs tonite. wanna see that winning streak goin until they meet lakers sunday. I think Spurs will win though, no way they lose 3 str8
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Considering how close these teams have played for the division since 2002, the Spurs have known there was a team in Dallas. It's just that their fans wouldn't admit it till last year.

That being said, as mentioned above there is no love lost between them these days. They are intense games and in my opinion the best rivalry right now. Spurs have lost two in a row. Dallas on a back to back. Sure I'd like to see Dallas win and I think they can. But the Spurs aren't going to be in a good mood and I think they take this one.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #10
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller

TiMavericks21 has an OK reputation so far

2nd night of a back to back makes me nervous, especially against the team that I hate/respect most in the league. However, I think the X-factor tonight is Jason Terry. He had an very poor outing last night, so I'm looking for him to get it going early tonight, he lives for games against SA. I can't remember the last time SA dropped three in a row, but Dallas is hot and playing very well in the 4th quarter of games. I'm really excited about the Harris/Parker matchup, both players have similar styles and attack the basket with blinding speed. I'm assuming the Spurs will throw Oberto on Dirk, as they can't not have Bowen on Josh with the way he is playing. I know Dirk has been fine with other players helping carry the load, but he needs to have a big showing against the top teams. Hope everyone is watching, this is the best game in basketball.
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #11
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

I think Mavs win this by 7. They really have the Spurs number now. They're just confident that if they stick to their plan they will win against them
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
Suns#1
I hit open layups

Suns#1 has an OK reputation so far

cant wait, the two best teams in the league goin at it. Its a win win for me because the suns will have a game on the loser. Who gets major minutes against duncan on defence. Damp Iam assuming but what about Diop. Also heard Terry has had some average games as of late is there a reason?
PREDICTION
DALLAS 98
SPURS 94
Suns#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #13
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far

Like posters above me said, its always 50/50 between these teams. But if the spurs get to a good start, then i think the mavs might be too physically fatigued to make a come back run (even though they will def. try). thats why its important to get out the gates early for the mavs, because if they have a good lead, then they will either have some cushion for when the spurs make the comeback, or will have the confidence to stop the spurs even if they are tired.

So basically, if the mavs start slow, Spurs win.
If the mavs get to a good start, mavs win by 4.

Prediction: Spurs over mavs 92 - 87.

The best rivalry in the NBA right now. Can't wait.
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns#1
Also heard Terry has had some average games as of late is there a reason?
PREDICTION
DALLAS 98
SPURS 94

he had a bad game yesterday against the pacers, because he wasn't focused for some reason. he was playing really good before that, nothing average about it ( 1 30+, 2 20+, and 1 18 point game the last 4 games prior to pacers). But yea, no focus at all from his yest., and avery noticed it, and yanked him giving him only 20 minutes. the thing with terry is that he when he starts a slump, it goes on for 4 or 5 games. so let's see if he will let this one bad out-of-focus game turn into a slump.
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #15
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Ti, saying Terry had a poor outing last night is being kind. He was horrible on both ends of the floor. The good thing about that is that Avery realized it and pulled him. Which should leave him with fresher legs for tonight. Hopefully he doesn't try to force it and take bad shots. Dirk left the court a couple of times last night during the game. Makes me wonder if he's still not quite right. But you can bet he'll be out there ready to go. I think he'll have a good game. If he's not on with his shot, he'll look to hit the boards and pass. And with the way Josh is playing, that's not a bad thing. We'll need some help from the bench. George has been playing nice on both ends of the court lately. But it would be nice to get something from Buck or Stack.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: