Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jerry Stackhouse on Iverson: "Scoring titles is the only thing on A.I's mind"

From Ira Winderman's Sunday Column:

Quote:
WAIT AND SEE: Mavericks guard Jerry Stackhouse, a former teammate of Iverson's in Philadelphia, remains unsold on the prospects of the Iverson-Carmelo Anthony pairing in Denver. "He has aspirations of winning scoring titles, no matter who's on his team," Stackhouse said. "I'd say give it until the end of the season. Somebody might want to get out."

link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat

Interesting words.

Especially this coming from a guy who many consider a jacker in terms of his shot selection as well...

I think he couldn't be more wrong though.

Was there ever a feud or Animosity shown with Stackhouse and A.I in those days in Philly? I don't remember...It's pretty evident with these comments that he feels A.I never deferred to him enough.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 12-24-2006 at 06:09 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

well if it isn't the pot calling the kettle a selfish ballhog.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Mavericks never winning the title
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Was there every feud with Stackhouse and A.I in those days in Philly? I don't remember...

Yes and a fist fight resulted.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fiyah has an OK reputation so far

Coming from Jerry Stackhouse?! :
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Oliver Miller on Shaquille O'Neil: "He really needs to work harder on getting himself in shape."
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Is Stackhouse still bitter? Get over it already.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Stack is right........scoring titles is the only thing on AI's mind.....just not owning it himself...

Quote:
While Iverson is second in the league to Anthony in scoring average, his focus isn't on winning another scoring crown. He's already led the league in scoring four times.

"I want Melo to win it," Iverson said. "I want him to have something like that on his resume because he deserves it. I'll be right there to help accomplish that."

Would he have said that eight years ago?

"It depends on when I won my first (scoring title)," he said with a grin. "After that, it didn't matter. Eight years ago, I would've thought I would've won eight championships by now. I'm going to do anything it takes to win a championship."
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** Biggly
Oliver Miller on Shaquille O'Neil: "He really needs to work harder on getting himself in shape."
Perfect comparison.

And this sort of reminds me of Kobe on Gilbert: "He has horrible shot selection"
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Iverson only cared about scoring titles then he would have stayed in Philly and been content with losing while scoring 32 a game.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #11
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ....

Stackhouses posse and A.I.'s posse had beef. There crews got into it somewhere, maybe a game?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Stackhouses posse and A.I.'s posse had beef. There crews got into it somewhere, maybe a game?

Stackhouse had a posse?

What's the world coming to?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #13
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

stackhouse's posse =
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #15
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

that was a cheap shot. Especially coming from Stack, who is one of the worst chuckers the league has ever seen
Brunch@Five is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: