Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rate the last movie you watched.

I watched the Hustler again. My fifth time, I think. It's a solid 9/10. The last scene when Eddie plays Minnesota Fats is legendary, and It's one of my all time favorite scenes. He couldn't lose, and he knew it. He wiped the floor with him, and thus he became Fast Eddie Felson, the best pool player in America.

Next up for me: Once Upon a Time in America
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

true romance 8.5/10
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Tropic Thunder: 68%

An enjoyable comedy, mostly do to Downey's performance.

Last edited by CAAIDN : 07-15-2012 at 01:25 PM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No Country for Old Men

7/10. Great build up to a somewhat disappointing ending.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

My girl and I hung out with her little six year old niece last Saturday night and rented Kung Fu Panda. I wasn't expecting anything too great, but damn I was actually quite shocked that it was time very well spent. I'd say one of the best cartoon-like flicks out there, ever.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In Bruges. actually a really solid movie. Id say an 8/10
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Franco Hamilton

Rocky IV.

It was quite a sight. I'm no film critic by any means but I thought it fulfilled just about every criteria out there! An instant classic. 6.5/10!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I'd give it 7/10

Confusing as hell, lot's of stuff that doesn't get answered or explained (since they were designed as outs for sequels). Still, it's got some good performances in it, and as some excellent visuals. Music is top notch too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 8.5/10

I haven't had a good laugh in a minute =).
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #10
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

rose red miniseries by stephen king.

7.5/10. very typical king haunted house stuff, but decent nevertheless.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Collateral" - I wasn't expecting much, but the two things that needed to be there - stellar performances by Foxx and Cruise - were in spades. Not an Oscar-caliber film, but definitely a tip top action/suspense flick. 7/10.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
"Collateral" - I wasn't expecting much, but the two things that needed to be there - stellar performances by Foxx and Cruise - were in spades. Not an Oscar-caliber film, but definitely a tip top action/suspense flick. 7/10.

I was planning on watching that again. I haven't seen it since it came out.

Oh, and Once Upon A Time In America didn't work for some reason, so I'm patiently awaiting the download of On the Waterfront, and I know you're a fan of that.

I didn't realize OUATIA was almost four hours.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
My girl and I hung out with her little six year old niece last Saturday night and rented Kung Fu Panda. I wasn't expecting anything too great, but damn I was actually quite shocked that it was time very well spent. I'd say one of the best cartoon-like flicks out there, ever.

As the father of a young child, almost every movie I see in the theater nowadays is animated. Kung Fu Panda was indeed good, as was Bee Movie and Wall-E (one of the best movies I've seen, animated or not).
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've actually never seen Once Upon a Time, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I might try to d/l that one here, pretty quick. I'm patiently waiting for "Appaloosa" to find its way online, too, because I'm a sucker for Westerns, and hopefully it's decent.

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I've actually never seen Once Upon a Time, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I might try to d/l that one here, pretty quick. I'm patiently waiting for "Appaloosa" to find its way online, too, because I'm a sucker for Westerns, and hopefully it's decent.

And the car scene with Terry and his brother is easily one of the best in film history. I take it you've seen Waterfront before, no?
cant be as good as Once uPON A TIME in the west (sorry capsw lock)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: