Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #196
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: NFL MVP & DMVP Rankings.

1322 in the last 8 games, he's getting the record next year.

Hope he gets it but could see the CO-MVP thing happening again.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #197
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Yes, I think the voting will be very close

Being the only RB might help AD, as QB voters might split with Peyton Brady Rodgers
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #198
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

I'm probably the biggest Manning fanboy and I'd give it to Peterson this year. They'd be 2-14 without him this year
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #199
jazz873
College star

I hope AP wins it. He is most deserving. Take away Peyton's story, and you get Rodgers > Manning's season.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #200
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Meh, I think Peterson's season is getting a bit overblown, but I wouldn't surprised if it ends with co-MVPs of Manning and Peterson.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #201
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
I'm probably the biggest Manning fanboy and I'd give it to Peterson this year. They'd be 2-14 without him this year

not that bad lol they're D is massively improved as well as the Oline

people forget Harvin was gettin' the MVP hype after the first 4-6 weeks, they lost him and still rolled some good teams to make the POs
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #202
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Meh, I think Peterson's season is getting a bit overblown, but I wouldn't surprised if it ends with co-MVPs of Manning and Peterson.

Dude has MCL and ACL surgery less than a year ago and almost beat the rushing record of ALL TIME in a PASSING NFL league now compared to back then.

He also had way less carries than Eric Dickerson and if you look at Eric Dickersons offensive line they had 16 pro bowls between all of them, how many does Adrian Petersons offensive line have? 0.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #203
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Dude has MCL and ACL surgery less than a year ago and almost beat the rushing record of ALL TIME in a PASSING NFL league now compared to back then.

He also had way less carries than Eric Dickerson and if you look at Eric Dickersons offensive line they had 16 pro bowls between all of them, how many does Adrian Petersons offensive line have? 0.

People try to make it sound like it's harder to run the ball now. It's actually much easier. Back when Dickerson set the record teams hit during practice. Now they don't.

For all this talk about the "rules changes" making it easier to pass, the truth is it's even way easier to run the ball, and it's much easier to run it now as compared to previous eras, than it is easier to throw it now, as compared to previous eras.

Yes, some quarterbacks and one receiver put up some huge numbers now, but compare it to the running backs of today. Just about any half way decent back can get 1,000 yards now with their teams barely even trying to run the ball in many cases. It used to be fairly hard for a back to get 1,000 yards. Now, in all honesty, backs that are not even all that good can get it.

No one is even bringing that up. It's not that hard to rack up tons of yards running the ball now. Certainly, it's extremely easy as compared to when Dickerson set that record.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-02-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #204
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
People try to make it sound like it's harder to run the ball now. It's actually much easier. Back when Dickerson set the record teams hit during practice. Now they don't.

For all this talk about the "rules changes" making it easier to pass, the truth is it's even way easier to run the ball, and it's much easier to run it now as compared to previous eras, than it is easier to throw it now, as compared to previous eras.

Yes, some quarterbacks and one receiver put up some huge numbers now, but compare it to the running backs of today. Just about any half way decent back can get 1,000 yards now with their teams barely even trying to run the ball in many cases. It used to be fairly hard for a back to get 1,000 yards. Now, in all honesty, backs that are not even all that good can get it.

No one is even bringing that up. It's not that hard to rack up tons of yards running the ball now. Certainly, it's extremely easy as compared to when Dickerson set that record.

Its easier to run the ball when you have no quarterback and no receivers and your whole offensive line doesn't have any pro bowls on top of that teams put an extra 2 guys in the box...

1984 Dickerson: 2,105 yards, 379 attempts, 5.6 yards per carry
2012 Peterson: 2,097 yards, 348 attempts, 6.0 yards per carry
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #205
Jackass18
The Iron Price

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Just look how Jeff Saturday made it in this year. Sullivan should have made it in over him. Sullivan and Kalil are alternates, and your FB made it in. The Vikes' OL is young, and they'll probably pick up a number of PBs in the future.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #206
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Its easier to run the ball when you have no quarterback and no receivers and your whole offensive line doesn't have any pro bowls on top of that teams put an extra 2 guys in the box...

1984 Dickerson: 2,105 yards, 379 attempts, 5.6 yards per carry
2012 Peterson: 2,097 yards, 348 attempts, 6.0 yards per carry

OJ's season was better than both.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: