Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #2896
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
So I've been lurking in this thread for a while and you guys seem like some cool people to play ff with. I'd be really interested if you guys do this again.
There are usually one or two spots opening up each season. Keep lurking. You may find yourself a part of the fun next year.

Btw, I finally took the step of benching Finley this weekend. I probably should have done it weeks ago. Here are his point totals for the last five weeks...

Today, his first week on my bench that wasn't a bye? 14.10, his best effort of the season. Story of my year in this league.

Also, Brandon Lafell is the definition of boom or bust. Either he gets 0-4 points or 12-20. There is no in between.

Pretty nice WR5 though. I will finish this league in last place in both record and points more than likely... Yet, I still like my team.

Very strange year for me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #2897
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

looks like I was spot on UJF... you'd be tied or ahead going into VD v. Gould

I lose unless VD gets a TD
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #2898
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

damn Alex Smith being out is a buzz kill - VD had a shot w/ him playing. But now with Kaep lol...
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #2899
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like my season has officially been sabotaged by injury now that McGahee is out. Feels bad man.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #2900
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll probably lose to Illini, and two of his players were OUT

feels badder man
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #2901
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Looks like my season has officially been sabotaged by injury now that McGahee is out. Feels bad man.

I feel like I jinked him I have no idea why but I picked up Hillman for kicks and than Willis ends up getting knocked out like a day later.

Denver's running game just took a huge blow.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #2902
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm pretty sure I won this week due to the fact I took two QBs off the market as FAs.

I saw that Illini had Eli Manning on BYE, and he had no QB on his benched...I snagged up Schaub and Palmer.

Illini took Bradford a couple days later...

Schaub was the top FA, he went on to score 40 points...had I not taken him I am pretty sure Illini would have and I would have lost.

In other words, I'm a FF genius
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #2903
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

In other words, I'm a FF genius
In other words, we need to re-institute roster restrictions.

You tried to do the same thing to me earlier in the season with Defenses.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #2904
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
In other words, we need to re-institute roster restrictions.

You tried to do the same thing to me earlier in the season with Defenses.
No that's the punishment you get for not having a backup on your roster OR taking part in waviers to grab one.

You want roster restrictions so that you can slack off without punishment?

I only had 3 anyway...not 10
Old 11-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #2905
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
No that's the punishment you get for not having a backup on your roster OR taking part in waviers to grab one.

You want roster restrictions so that you can slack off without punishment?

I only had 3 anyway...not 10
I want roster restrictions because it makes the waiver wire much more interesting and also makes for more of a challenging game. It would be especially simple considering practically everyone has agreed that this league has gone beyond the meager settings available in a free Yahoo league and we will likely be moving to CBSSportsline next year.

It also prevents people from doing what you're describing.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #2906
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like Bowe might be out this week too.

Bowe
Jennings
Murray
McGahee

Ouch lol my team really fell apart with injuries down the stretch. At least I traded Percy before he got hurt or else I would really feel cursed.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #2907
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I want roster restrictions because it makes the waiver wire much more interesting and also makes for more of a challenging game. It would be especially simple considering practically everyone has agreed that this league has gone beyond the meager settings available in a free Yahoo league and we will likely be moving to CBSSportsline next year.

it prevents actual strategy and game play?...what it does is force a certain roster on you, and gives the player less options...less activity required, less thinking, etc

If you want a deep waiver wire, just remove one bench spot from everyone...forcing a person to take certain positions doesn't make the wavier wire deeper at all...if I take 5 QBs, then that means more WRs and RBs out there...If I take 5 Defenses, I am putting everything else out there...etc...it is all relative, the benches are going to get filled up regardless, the only way to make the waiver wire deeper is to make the benches smaller.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #2908
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I agree that we should do roster restrictions next year, I think it would make waivers and adding/dropping players much more interesting.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #2909
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Ya, I just flat out disagree with RBA on this. I don't want to put more players on waivers. If you're having to go to the FA heap, you SHOULD have to get creative. It SHOULD be challenging to find a worthwhile play. If there's obviously good options out there on waivers all the time, you're rewarding the owners with bad teams. If you failed to craft a deep roster through your draft and earlier waiver moves, that's on you. The good teams shouldn't have to coddle the bad teams by being forced to drop good players that they were smart enough to pick up.

Now what I do think we definitely need is FAAB, and/or continuous waivers. I don't know if this is what happened, but PT shouldn't get an award for simply being faster to his computer than Illini. But if they had both had equal opportunities to get those QB's, and PT had simply bid more FAAB, I'd consider it a great move. Part of fantasy football is playing keep away from your opponents. You don't just ignore making pickups once you think you're starting lineup is set, you want to keep good players out of other people's lineups.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #2910
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I agree that we should do roster restrictions next year, I think it would make waivers and adding/dropping players much more interesting.
We did it last year, it makes it LESS interesting, it RESTRICTS you.

Also the fact that yahoo doesn't support it makes it even more annoying...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: