Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Wow Caitlan Clark stinks - why was everyone so high on her? because she's white?

is that why? another white hope bites the dust i guess.. peter mcneely of the wnba.. carry on

why couldn't you guys tell that she's a one trick pony with an exact skillset of the following - drive right, get cut off, behind-the-back counter, and if that fails, it's step-back time - why couldn't you guys see that was her entire game?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: Wow Caitlan Clark stinks - why was everyone so high on her? because she's white?

I saw she shot 5-15 with 10 turnovers. I have no idea if that's good or bad though, for all I know 33% shooting in the wnba is Shaq efficiency.

Default Re: Wow Caitlan Clark stinks - why was everyone so high on her? because she's white?

3ball is scared of WNBA players surpassing Mikey now

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post

No I just continue to marvel how clueless nearly everyone is about basketball, despite watching it a ton... I watched Caitlan for literally 5 seconds - literally - I mean that - 5 seconds - and I could tell she was nothing.. Another Lonzo Ball-type disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I ain't gonna lie, I laughed at this post��

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    No I just continue to marvel how clueless nearly everyone is about basketball.
    Yep, this guy especially

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...yer-in-history

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14103815

7-time NBA All-Star

I was right about the 2nd one so I guess the Curry thing is all you have.. It's understandable that someone who literally doesn't watch the games for over 10 years was a little late to the party on a paper-boy-looking dude jacking up half court shots.

I was right about the 2nd one so I guess the Curry thing is all you have.. It's understandable that someone who literally doesn't watch the games for over 10 years was a little late to the party on a paper-boy-looking dude jacking up half court shots.
    You were right Giannis is a Pippen level player? Damn, no wonder the Bulls won 55 after Baldan retired. Makes you realize how unimpressive his titles really are, winning all of them with an MVP/DPOY/FMVP caliber player.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    You were right Giannis is a Pippen level player? Damn, no wonder the Bulls won 55 after Baldan retired. Makes you realize how unimpressive his titles really are, winning all of them with an MVP/DPOY/FMVP caliber player.

Giannis is a 1-trick pony that never really learned how to play basketball - his jumpshot still looks like a beginner and he has no bag or fundamentals - he's just a big athlete.

He's way better than Pippen but that isn't saying much... Larry Nance was superior to Pippen... Heck Andre Igoudala reached more impactful heights, while Pippen is 0/6 in matching Horry's gamescore from the 95' Finals... The point is that it's a low bar to find someone to match Pippen's weak performance.

And Pippen was never a 55-win franchise player - he was simply handed the keys to the most well-oiled machine ever and was quickly a .500 team in 1995 after opponents woke up and started giving crap about playing the Bulls again..

Jordan returned to a .500 ballclub that he turned into a 3-peat team - that's the historical record... He turned a lottery team into the 1st three-peat, and then he did the same thing with Pippen's debacle (.500 team to 3-peat team)

Giannis is a 1-trick pony that never really learned how to play basketball - his jumpshot still looks like a beginner and he has no bag or fundamentals - he's just a big athlete.

He's way better than Pippen but that isn't saying much... Larry Nance was superior to Pippen... Heck Andre Igoudala reached more impactful heights, while Pippen is 0/6 in matching Horry's gamescore from the 95' Finals... The point is that it's a low bar to find someone to match Pippen's weak performance.
    1 trick pony that never learned basketball huh

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14466311

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    1 trick pony that never learned basketball huh

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14466311

Yes for about 10 seconds, I over-ranked Giannis before I realized everything that I said in my previous post.

Again, you only have the Curry thing, and that's the one kind of oversight which is understandable for someone that doesn't watch.. he's that unique

But Giannis wins(organic), though.

Wow Caitlan Clark stinks - why was everyone so high on her? because she's white?
    Actually yeah, that probably is the reason everyone was so high on her.

I'm sure she's a great women's player, but the public would not have cared or paid attention if she was black. There's endless amounts of data supporting that.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Actually yeah, that probably is the reason everyone was so high on her.

I'm sure she's a great women's player, but the public would not have cared or paid attention if she was black. There's endless amounts of data supporting that.
    I agree it matters, but she also seemed to have dragged the wnba out of complete obscurity(at least for the time being). Isn't Taurasi widely considered the goat and isn't Delle Donne a superstar? They're both white and never had this effect on the brand. Caitlyn's gotta have something else. Admittedly I only watched like 2 or 3 minutes of her debut and went back to the Knick's game so I didn't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I agree it matters, but she also seemed to have dragged the wnba out of complete obscurity(at least for the time being). Isn't Taurasi widely considered the goat and isn't Delle Donne a superstar? They're both white and never had this effect on the brand. Caitlyn's gotta have something else. Admittedly I only watched like 2 or 3 minutes of her debut and went back to the Knick's game so I didn't see anything.
    Those chicks are like 6'5 and dont shoot threes. That may make them stars within the world of women's basketball, but it doesnt create a buzz outside of it.

Clark is seen as a somewhat feminine, decent looking female who's hooping. That's why people watch. The WNBA and the politically correct crowd can deny it all they want, but a huge PART of the reason she gets eyeballs is she's a low key sex symbol. Not by comparison to typical hollywood starlets, but by comparison to the other female stars of professional basketball. She's cute and she shoots threes. That's a novelty in women's basketball. Most of the players are tall, dark, and stiff. Clark isnt. That's why the general public watches her. It's a fact, however uncomfortable.

If she was black, the media and the public would not respond to her as a sex symbol. Hollywood, the corporate media, and the average viewer consistently tell black women in entertainment "thanks but no thanks."
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 05-17-2024 at 07:55 PM.