Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: If Embiid can score 30 ppg and win a scoring title...

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    No coach in today's league is playing his star player even 40 mpg, coaches are way too cautious about injuries and are bigger believers in resting nowadays. Last time a player averaged 40 MPG was over a decade ago.
    And Wilt Chamberlain is dead. We're talking about hypotheticals here. And in my hypothetical scenario, Wilt's hypothetical coach recognizes that he's unstoppable and keeps him on the floor longer than average.

We're not trying to build rockets here.

Besides, how is he going to pad stats from the bench???

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Pace is slower, but defense is a TON looser. So he'd plausibly have a much higher field goal %, which would make up for the slower pace.
    Funny, this guy right here watched tons of 60's basketball and he shows that the refs didn't allow any physical contact and the whistles were blowing like crazy.

19:10 mark

Look at the "loose" defense at 19:37

Funny, this guy right here watched tons of 60's basketball and he shows that the refs didn't allow any physical contact and the whistles were blowing like crazy.

His response...
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court
    Bronie! Bronie! BROOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

And Wilt Chamberlain is dead. We're talking about hypotheticals here. And in my hypothetical scenario, Wilt's hypothetical coach recognizes that he's unstoppable and keeps him on the floor longer than average.
    l
    A smart coach would see these numbers and trade him for LeBron.

Lakers offense slightly regressed when they added Wilt.
    101.7 ORTG without Wilt in '68
    98.5 ORTG with Wilt in '69

Sixers offense with and without Wilt...
    98.1 ORTG with Wilt in '68
    98.1 ORTG without Wilt in '69.

No drop off whatsoever.

Im actually surprised full court hasn't responded to the video I posted. I'm starting to see if you actually discuss basketball with him, he really doesn't know much and tends to go away when you back up your claims with facts.

He will respond right away if there are childish insults involved though.

Im actually surprised full court hasn't responded to the video I posted. I'm starting to see if you actually discuss basketball with him, he really doesn't know much and tends to go away when you back up your claims with facts.

He will respond right away if there are childish insults involved though.
    Bronnnnnnnieeeeeeee!!!!!

This dude makes his first non-Lebron post (still managed to make this thread about him lol) and gets absolutely slaughtered by 1987. Stick to trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    This dude makes his first non-Lebron post (still managed to make this thread about him lol) and gets absolutely slaughtered by 1987. Stick to trolling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    His response...
    ^Yep. Confirmed triggered Bronie.

Banned

Surely you don't think a sample size of a few cherry picked plays are representative of an era, do you? If you do, I'll be happy to post some videos of plays from that era that show tight defense. Lol.

But for the sake of discussion, let's assume you're right for a second. Who in today's game do you see effectively defending against Wilt?

Banned

A smart coach would see these numbers and trade him for LeBron.

Lakers offense slightly regressed when they added Wilt.
    101.7 ORTG without Wilt in '68
    98.5 ORTG with Wilt in '69

Sixers offense with and without Wilt...
    98.1 ORTG with Wilt in '68
    98.1 ORTG without Wilt in '69.

No drop off whatsoever.

A SMART coach would see that Wilt can perform on both ends of the court, while Bronie hasn't played good D in years. You'd be out of your mind to want Bronie on your team over Wilt.

A SMART coach would see that Wilt can perform on both ends of the court, while Bronie hasn't played good D in years. You'd be out of your mind to want Bronie on your team over Wilt.
    Too bad even your hero Skip Bayless ranks Bron ahead of Wilt.

Surely you don't think a sample size of a few cherry picked plays are representative of an era, do you? If you do, I'll be happy to post some videos of plays from that era that show tight defense. Lol.

But for the sake of discussion, let's assume you're right for a second. Who in today's game do you see effectively defending against Wilt?
    Cherry picked sample size? You do know the guy who posted that vid spends hours watching tape from every big name player from every era right?

Even if you want to ignore his vid, there is a different guy who watched every game from every decade and came to a similar conclusion, refs were super whistle happy when he watched a game from the 60s.

As for your last question, hard to say. Almost impossible to answer that question since Wilt played 60 years ago, but from the tape I've seen he seems super athletic which is obviously a plus, but his post moves do seem a bit awkward, someone like Kareem had a more refined post game.

Banned

Cherry picked sample size? You do know the guy who posted that vid spends hours watching tape from every big name player from every era right?

Even if you want to ignore his vid, there is a different guy who watched every game from every decade and came to a similar conclusion, refs were super whistle happy when he watched a game from the 60s.

As for your last question, hard to say. Almost impossible to answer that question since Wilt played 60 years ago, but from the tape I've seen he seems super athletic which is obviously a plus, but his post moves do seem a bit awkward, someone like Kareem had a more refined post game.
    I don't disagree that Kareem had a more refined game, but Chamberlain's awkward looking moves were obvious effective. We got to see Wilt and Kareem match up head to head. I don't see many of the current centers stopping Kareem either.