Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Lebron or Bird?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron or Bird?

I was sitting with a friend watching the 2011 Finals and noticed the flaw in Lebron's game - he didn't know what to do from a pre-dribble, stationary position... Whenever a teammate would pass him the ball, he would either start dribbling immediately, or just stand there in a weird, non-basketball stance and look to give up the ball.. He literally didn't know about the "triple-threat position" (the appropriate stance when a player hasn't dribbled yet - it's the optimal stance that allows a player to pass, dribble, or shoot, aka "triple-threat").. It's basketball 101

Right then I knew he wasn't actually that good.

The Heat needed to shift the Mavs defense with ball movement and Lebron didn't know how to do that because couldn't catch-and-shoot or operate from a triple-threat position... I started going through all the moves out of the triple-threat and seeing if Lebron ever did them - sure enough, he didn't.. He never headfaked... like EVER... he never jab-stepped.. he never caught the ball and turned his back to the defender before dribbling.. His game started to repulse me at that point, and my cringe-face kept increasing the more I thought about it... AND his jumper was broke with no post game?... smh

Then he hired Hakeem to teach him post moves right after that series and I fell off my chair laughing..

Ultimately, Lebron never learned the best strategy, brand of ball or how to yield the best basketball teams.. He only knows "lebron-ball", where he dribbles at the top of the key and executes a drive-and-kick.. Coaches let him do that since he was 10, and people have conflated this physical talent with effective basketball (despite losses as massive favorites in high school, olympics and NBA, or zero #1 offenses in 2 decades of playing).

Since the 2011 Finals, he's improved marginally in some areas, but it's window-dressing.. His super-teams and assassin sidekicks camouflage an unwillingness to take contested jumpers (manufactured jumpshot), while his Finals appearances with super-teams in a weak East effectively inflate and distort his resume.. And that was the plan - to stack the deck and fool everyone into thinking he's worthy of goat consideration..

It's funny because Jordan had to deal with an aging Pippen, who averaged 17 on 41% in the 96-98' Playoffs, while old Rodman averaged 4/8 in the 1997 Playoffs and wasn't the starter in 98'... Jordan overcame his old teammates... Otoh, Lebron didn't have to deal with aging teammates and got to refresh his cast every 4 years with the hottest young talent in the league.. It's fraud and the media is complicit in turning the league into WWE.. However, today's short-term, mercenary teamwork/collusions is a lower brand of basketball than the long-term, organic chemistry and identities developed in prior eras.... That's why the ratings are down - it's inferior basketball.

Oh yeah, and Bird >>>>

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    They weren't winning shit because Lebron only averaged 20 ppg
    yeah I dont remember the boxscores the lakers were weak in several ways guaranteed they'd go down against any real elite team in the league.

like I said - they weren't winning shit this year without AD.

3ball once argued that lebron would never win a legit ring and that kg is a better basketball player.

your IQ must be rock-bottom if you'd draft kg over lebron. or if you'd draft mo williams over scottie pippen.

truly a mental midget.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    3ball once argued that lebron would never win a legit ring and that kg is a better basketball player.

your IQ must be rock-bottom if you'd draft kg over lebron. or if you'd draft mo williams over scottie pippen.

truly a mental midget.

Lebron has no legit rings - only bailouts and shortened seasons

He's a couple bounces away from being a 2/10 bum

Btw, Lebron has played 4 more seasons, so that offsets his 4 extra Finals appearances - although everyone knows they're manufactured anyway from forming super-teams in a conference that 1-star teams were winning

Winning titles > winning conference finals, so Jordan has far more greater accomplishment

Lebron has no legit rings - only bailouts and shortened seasons

He's a couple bounces away from being a 2/10 bum

Btw, Lebron has played 4 more seasons, so that offsets his 4 extra Finals appearances - although everyone knows they're manufactured anyway from forming super-teams in a conference that 1-star teams were winning

Winning titles > winning conference finals, so Jordan has far more greater accomplishment
    dont worry dude you'll be alright. history already disagrees with your take. I won that debate like I said.

how many countless hours did you invest into arguing not top-10 of all-time. meanwhile I got proven exactly right I said 2nd best of all time.

cinco would make you sick. the same way quatro did.

Peak/prime Bird was better on both ends of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG View Post
    Why do you embarrass yourself here? Almost every single take of yours makes you look like a retarded chimp mashing buttons on a keyboard.

Bird is 80 times better than Lebron - look how great everyone played alongside elite jumpshooters like Bird or Durant - they ELEVATE teammates, while everyone complained about Lebron's teammates for 2 decades.. His imposition of spot-up roles reduces guys.

The only debate for me is who is superior between Bird/Durant, and how they compare to MJ... That's where the debate should be

NBA lottery pick

This is a really good take.

Bird is 80 times better than Lebron - look how great everyone played alongside elite jumpshooters like Bird or Durant - they ELEVATE teammates, while everyone complained about Lebron's teammates for 2 decades.. His imposition of spot-up roles reduces guys.

The only debate for me is who is superior between Bird/Durant, and how they compare to MJ... That's where the debate should be
    That would make Bird the GOAT and LeBron #2. Kicking 1-9 out of the top 15. Damn! Didn't know that you hated 1-9, 0ball.

College superstar

I like bird better overall. Cant stand the flopping, whining and drama from lebron.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

bird is closer to mike then bran

issssssssssssssa
    wraaaaaaaaaap

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    That would make Bird the GOAT and LeBron #2. Kicking 1-9 out of the top 15. Damn! Didn't know that you hated 1-9, 0ball.

Like I said, the debate should be between MJ, Bird, and Durant - elite jumpshooters that ELEVATED teammates - teammates played great alongside them and improved during their tenure.

Otoh, lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (team-hopping)

Everyone complained about Lebron's cast for 2 decades, even his hand-picked casts

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Like I said, the debate should be between MJ, Bird, and Durant - elite jumpshooters that ELEVATED teammates - teammates played great alongside them and improved during their tenure.

Otoh, lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (team-hopping)
    for second best sure you can add them

goat is bran obv, glad you get that

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    for second best sure you can add them

goat is bran obv, glad you get that

if you're using longevity as an argument, it means your guy sucks

Ultimately, Lebron lacks elite jumpshooting skill, so he can't be goat.. And this skill deficit causes him to turn teammates into spot-up shooters - he simply doesn't elevate teammates, so everyone complains about his cast for 2 decades

Otoh, guys with elite jumpshooting skill like Bird, Jordan or KD elevate teammates, which gives them better team ceiling/Finals record