Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Monta Ellis thinks he's as good as Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    erm... quite easily actually:

Wade: 19/5/5/2 on 59TS% PER of 22, playoffs: 18/4/4/2 on 56TS% PER of 18.5

Monta: 19/4/6/2 (more turnovers) on 53TS% PER of 16.8, playoffs: 21/2/3/1 on 51TS% PER of 15.4.

Monta with lower win shares overall and much lower WS/48. Could Monta ever put up 20/4/5/2 on 62TS% against the Pacers? He hasn't had a playoff series anything close to that good in his entire career.

That IS objectivity, and by every objective statistical measure Wade was superior to Ellis; you are arguing your subjective and biased opinion directly contrary to that objectivity, and then claiming objectivity for yourself .

That's where stats fool you.

Put Wade on the Mavs and they wouldn't make the playoffs... not very close either.

Piggybacking off LeBron is easy, but being 1B on a team means taking risks and a heavy load.. Monta took over games come playoff time while for Wade people freaked out once he hit 25 points...

Didn't have a 30 pt game while Monta scored 29 twice on 50+% against the Spurs.. There is no way he shits the bed, in fact, he DIDNT, like Wade did..

I'm kidding a lot with the Kobe rode Shaq, Kobe did his thing, but Wade has rode LeBron harder these last 2 years than anyone ever.

He just showed up when he wanted to.

Wade can't be better when he did this in the Finals vs Spurs:
    G2: 14 points vs Spurs
    G4: 10 points on 3-13 23%
    G5: 11 points on 4-12 33%

G4 after 3 quarters: (Heat down 24 - Game over) 4 points on 1-10
    Wade goes padding for 6 points and ups his efficiency

G5 after 3 quarters: (Heat down 19 - Game over) 8 points on 3-11
    Hits a 3 in garbage time

That's what bums do, bums. Players that shouldn't be in the league, none the less in a finals game.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 06-28-2014 at 09:55 AM.

I agree..

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    That's where stats fool you.

Put Wade on the Mavs and they wouldn't make the playoffs... not very close either.

Piggybacking off LeBron is easy, but being 1B on a team means taking risks and a heavy load.. Monta took over games come playoff time while for Wade people freaked out once he hit 25 points...

Didn't have a 30 pt game while Monta scored 29 twice on 50+% against the Spurs.. There is no way he shits the bed, in fact, he DIDNT, like Wade did..

I'm kidding a lot with the Kobe rode Shaq, Kobe did his thing, but Wade has rode LeBron harder these last 2 years than anyone ever.

He just showed up when he wanted to.

Wade can't be better when he did this in the Finals vs Spurs:
    G2: 14 points vs Spurs
    G4: 10 points on 3-13 23%
    G5: 11 points on 4-12 33%

G4 after 3 quarters: (Heat down 24 - Game over) 4 points on 1-10
    Wade goes padding for 6 points and ups his efficiency

G5 after 3 quarters: (Heat down 19 - Game over) 8 points on 3-11
    Hits a 3 in garbage time

That's what bums do, bums. Players that shouldn't be in the league, none the less in a finals game.
    You cherrypick stats selectively from a couple games in a single series (using it to justify a player being worse) and then go on a subjective and unsubstantiated diatribe against a guy you have an open agenda to disparage, and you have the cheek to question my objectivity?

Look, i can do it as well if i select Wade's first 3 games against Indiana (you can look them up), and then compare them against some of Monta's playoff games:

game 1: 11 points 4/14 shooting (28%), ONE assist, 1 TO.
    game 4: (Dallas lose homecourt): 20 points, 6/20 shooting (30%), 3 assists, 4 TOs
    game 7: (when SA actually played like they did vs. Miami in the finals): 12 points, 3/11 shooting (27%!!), 2 assists, 2 tos

Monta didn't play well at all - it was Dallas's bench doing all the damage (yet they wouldn't make the playoffs with Wade and Carlisle and Dirk, without the almighty Ellis saving the day ).

Wade running the pickndpop with Dirk would be dangerous; Ellis could only manage a measly 3apg while dominating the ball on a Dallas team filled with great shooters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I love Monta...but he's getting over-rated here.

Wade is still the slightly better player.

It's just different standards.

Ellis puts up 20/2/3 51% TS in the playoffs playing on a team that is perfectly built for him and getting all the sets run for him as well...and everyone thinks he's great...

Wade puts up 18/4/4 56% TS in the playoffs playing on a team that remains a bad fit for him and forces him to play off the ball constantly...and he is horrible.

We are grading Wade on superstar standards and not Ellis. That is the difference.

Wade, even with his dip defensively, still guards as well or better than Ellis also.

I love Ellis, and I think he's going to be great for us next year, but lets not go crazy here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Shouldn't you always think you are better than the next person? If i were in the NBA I'd be on youtube saying I'm better than Kobe (probably am too).

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You think Wade was a better player in 2014?
    He was. Even with the shit load of games he missed, anyone would take Wade over Ellis.

But really now, if were saying Ellis is better than Wade... then so is DeMar DeRozan, Klay Thompson, Lance Stephenson, and Bradley Beal. Might as well throw in Joe Johnson.

Are they all as good or better than Wade ? Really doubt people are going to agree.

Decent playground baller Lord Bean's Avatar

Wade >>>

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    He was. Even with the shit load of games he missed, anyone would take Wade over Ellis.

But really now, if were saying Ellis is better than Wade... then so is DeMar DeRozan, Klay Thompson, Lance Stephenson, and Bradley Beal. Might as well throw in Joe Johnson.

Are they all as good or better than Wade ? Really doubt people are going to agree.
    Wade was on vacation the whole season, while other stars carried a heavy workload and he still couldn