Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The "I Dunked on Alonzo Mourning" Club Members (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41651)

Richie2k6 05-16-2007 10:55 PM

The "I Dunked on Alonzo Mourning" Club Members

IDOAM Club is welcoming new members everyday. Members must have either dunked on, dunked beside, dunked around, or embarrassed Alonzo in any way shape or form involving a dunk. Current members that I know of are:

Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, Grant Hill, Patrick Ewing, Josh Smith, Desmond Mason, Jamaal Magloire, Joey Graham, Shawn Kemp, Tayshaun Prince, Antonio McDyess, Darko Milicic, Trevor Ariza, Stromile Swift, Baron Davis, Caron Butler, Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, Pau Gasol,

Anybody else know any others?

knickscity 05-16-2007 10:59 PM

Re: The "I Dunked on Alonzo Mourning" Club Members

How many of those guys did it in Morn's prime???

How do you dunk beside someone?

This should be closed just for the stupidity of it.

Joey Graham???? Come on man.

Make a thread about how many players in the L has Mourning either altered or blocked their shot.

L.Kizzle 05-16-2007 10:59 PM

Shaq, JR Rider.

ThaKid 05-16-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity

Make a thread about how many players in the L has Mourning either altered or blocked their shot.

chill....

artificial 05-16-2007 11:01 PM

Zo has a 13 year carreer and challenges lots of shots. I'm sure it will be a long list. And why Zo?

Loki 05-16-2007 11:03 PM

Jordan dunked on Zo 3 times in one game in '93. :oldlol:

Gotta respect Zo for always challenging and competing inside, though. I've always felt he had better instincts for blocks than Mutombo (whose length helped him).

Glove_20 05-16-2007 11:03 PM

Zo was overrated as a defender in his prime. He only had 2 very dominating years. Others years he was just "good"

knickscity 05-16-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaKid
chill....

I am. This gives reason for threads to be approved first, before anyone can read them.

TMacsOneGoodEye 05-16-2007 11:05 PM

He's named Richie2k6, but Richie registered in May 2K7.

Anyone else find that funny? :roll:

knickscity 05-16-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove_20
Zo was overrated as a defender in his prime. He only had 2 very dominating years. Others years he was just "good"

If Zo was overrated as a defender, then Ewing should be considered "soft"

Glove_20 05-16-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

If Zo was overrated as a defender, then Ewing should be considered "soft"

Well everybody acts like Zo has been dominating for a whole decade and is on the level of guys like Hakeem and Mutombo. But he hasn't. Zo has been selected to All-Defensive Teams only 2 times. Just 2.

Richie2k6 05-16-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

- I don't know.
- You've never seen someone soar PAST someone trying to contest the dunk?...:rolleyes:
- What about Joey Graham...

Quote:

He's named Richie2k6, but Richie registered in May 2K7.

Anyone else find that funny?

For the last time, that's my email address. And what does that have to do with anything?

knickscity 05-16-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie2k6
- I don't know.
- You've never seen someone soar PAST someone trying to contest the dunk?...:rolleyes:
- What about Joey Graham...

For the last time, that's my email address. And what does that have to do with anything?

How many players in the L has forced turnovers from your avatar? None, he does all by himself.:lol:

knickscity 05-16-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove_20
Well everybody acts like Zo has been dominating for a whole decade and is on the level of guys like Hakeem and Mutombo. But he hasn't. Zo has been selected to All-Defensive Teams only 2 times. Just 2.

Zo has his fair share of blocks and rebounds, not saying he is as good as Deke. No way I will say he compares to Dream. That would be crazy.

But Zo is not a slouch. He was a very good defender, not elite, but very good.

Glove_20 05-16-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Zo has his fair share of blocks and rebounds, not saying he is as good as Deke. No way I will say he compares to Dream. That would be crazy.

But Zo is not a slouch. He was a very good defender, not elite, but very good.

Yeah thats what I would say too. Very good. For 2 years I would say he is elite and thats what puts him in the "very good" level, but the rest of the years he was just good. But those 2 dominating years does put him in the "very good" level.

Just curious of your answer, who would you rather have on defense. Alonzo (2 Time All-Defensive Team in career) or Gary Payton (9 Straight All-Defensive 1st) full prime was not just PEAK wise, just overall prime wise (Years they were considered "good")