Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Memphis Grizzlies this year's 2004 Detroit Pistons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299142)

unbreakable 05-08-2013 08:56 AM

Memphis Grizzlies this year's 2004 Detroit Pistons

?

Incredible post play and defensive team.. Im just curious do they have the firepower on the wing to be a championship team.

keep-itreal 05-08-2013 09:01 AM

Re: Memphis Grizzlies this year's 2004 Detroit Pistons

hard to say. But when they have lot of weapons in the low post, it tends to make the perimeter player's lives alot easier.

annbafan 05-08-2013 09:37 AM

But a big difference consists in the Grizzlies' lack of a clutch player, of a scorer who is able to create own shots and take responsibility of scoring in close games... That Pistons team had a great clutch performer in Billups, who made a lot of clutch plays throughout their post season runs.

TheCalmInsanity 05-08-2013 09:52 AM

Who's their Chauncey Billups?

Forget this grit n' grind garbage. The 2004 Pistons were tough as hell. This team doesn't know what that is, with Marc Gasol doing the head jerk every time he runs into a body while driving in, Tony Allen and Conley diving on every bit of contact, so on so forth.

Zach Randolph is tough. I don't like him just because of his past and his rivalry but he's a tough player and I respect him. If only the others on his team were that kind of tough instead of cheap hooks, offensive fouls, diving and falling on the floor pretending they were tripped, complaining about calls while they're shooting, etc.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way saying the Clippers are angels comparatively, honestly me being a Clipper fan I can fully admit that the reason these Clippers this year couldn't focus and got destroyed in the playoffs was because they would complain about calls instead of playing defense. And they would run back on offense and jump into players expecting fouls, complaining "you called that on the other end, wtf ref?!?!". That being said, I still don't think that Memphis is that same type of "do what we want, advance through all rounds and fck all the teams on our way" attitude those Pistons had.

klee 05-08-2013 10:00 AM

Chauncey Billups' role != Mike Conley's role
Rip Hamilton's role != Tony Allen's role
'04 Tayshaun Prince's role != '13 Tayshaun Prince's role
Rasheed Wallace's role != Zach Randolph's role
Ben Wallace's role != Marc Gasol's role
Larry Brown's coaching != Lionel Hollins' coaching
'04 Pistons chemistry != '13 Memphis Grizzlies chemistry

LockoutOver11 05-08-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klee
Chauncey Billups' role != Mike Conley's role
Rip Hamilton's role != Tony Allen's role
'04 Tayshaun Prince's role != '13 Tayshaun Prince's role
Rasheed Wallace's role != Zach Randolph's role
Ben Wallace's role != Marc Gasol's role
Larry Brown's coaching != Lionel Hollins' coaching
'04 Pistons chemistry != '13 Memphis Grizzlies chemistry

Lol.... none are similar at all.

In other words in regards to this topic.... hell no. My pistons won a championship...

klee 05-08-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
Lol.... none are similar at all.

In other words in regards to this topic.... hell no. My pistons won a championship...

!= is not equal.

Rubio2Gasol 05-08-2013 10:18 AM

Every person on the team is inferior. :lol

But if Scott Brooks understands that probably the only PG on his roster who can't guard Conely (but can probably do a job on Tony Allen) is Derek Fisher, OKC will have a good chance to take the series. Same with Durant - has to recognize that Prince is very limited offensively and use his length to double and close out.

KOBE143 05-08-2013 10:25 AM

Not even close..

2004 Pistons was one of the best NBA champions of all time..

2004 Pistons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all present team combined..

mjokc 05-08-2013 10:33 AM

Only the Grizzlies are nowhere near as good.

willds09 05-08-2013 01:11 PM

this iz a straight up lie:facepalm

mattvNJ 05-08-2013 01:17 PM

funny all the NYC and OKC fans are the ones doubting. OKC getting beat this series, and NYC wont sniff the finals.

also agree with the topic kinda, a lot of differences but definitely a dark horse teams that just works.

willds09 05-08-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattvNJ
funny all the NYC and OKC fans are the ones doubting. OKC getting beat this series, and NYC wont sniff the finals.

also agree with the topic kinda, a lot of differences but definitely a dark horse teams that just works.

we hating, be you talking about we wont sniff tha finals?? man u whish:facepalm

mattvNJ 05-08-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willds09
we hating, be you talking about we wont sniff tha finals?? man u whish:facepalm

Heat beat u in 5. Melo shoots u out every game and Lebron puts his nuts in your moms mouth

thread/

willds09 05-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattvNJ
Heat beat u in 5. Melo shoots u out every game and Lebron puts his nuts in your moms mouth

thread/

:facepalm heat have to beat tha damn rose-less bulls first bro