Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most Entertaining 1st Round West Matchups (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293518)

BallsOut 03-16-2013 01:04 AM

Most Entertaining 1st Round West Matchups

I would love it if this happened:

#1 Spurs vs. #8 Lakers: two veteran teams going at it, really great matchup duncan, ginobli, parker vs. kobe, dwight, nash, gasol

#2 Thunder vs. #7 Rockets: Harden playing against the former team that traded him after throwing him under the bus for the Heat series in the finals, revenge series? fear the beard? Rockets could secretly activate Royce White since he'd be able to drive to all their games, the X-factor :lol

#3 Nuggets vs. #6 Warriors: Two run and gun 3pt shootout teams, both teams have 2 of the loudest arenas during the playoffs

#4 Grizzlies vs. #5 Clippers: Blake Griffin/Zach Randolph wrestling is enough to make this entertaining, not to mention the two feisty little guys, Cp3 and Conley. Who could forget Zach Randolph's Suplex on Blake Griffin?

Thoughts? Yay or nay?

LosBulls 03-16-2013 02:38 AM

Re: Most Entertaining 1st Round West Matchups

I wouldn't complain. Would be nice to see Blazers or TWolves in there though.

roffie 03-16-2013 04:33 AM

potential for a lot of upsets in the west

Clutch 03-16-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallsOut
I would love it if this happened:

#1 Spurs vs. #8 Lakers: two veteran teams going at it, really great matchup duncan, ginobli, parker vs. kobe, dwight, nash, gasol

#2 Thunder vs. #7 Rockets: Harden playing against the former team that traded him after throwing him under the bus for the Heat series in the finals, revenge series? fear the beard? Rockets could secretly activate Royce White since he'd be able to drive to all their games, the X-factor :lol

#3 Nuggets vs. #6 Warriors: Two run and gun 3pt shootout teams, both teams have 2 of the loudest arenas during the playoffs

#4 Grizzlies vs. #5 Clippers: Blake Griffin/Zach Randolph wrestling is enough to make this entertaining, not to mention the two feisty little guys, Cp3 and Conley. Who could forget Zach Randolph's Suplex on Blake Griffin?

Thoughts? Yay or nay?

I completely agree. Those are dream matchups.

Lakers vs Spurs rivalry,Harden against his former team,Grizzlies vs Clippers rivalry,battle between two of the most exciting teams in the league in Warriors and Nuggets.

SIGN ME UP

SyRyanYang 03-16-2013 05:01 AM

Thunder didn't throw Harden under the bus, he threw his team under the bus if anything

Figlo 03-16-2013 05:59 AM

West:
#1 Spurs vs #8 Warriors - good matchup, should be easy for the Spurs(4-1)
#2 Thunder vs #7 Rockets - Harden back in OKC(4-2)
#3 Clippers vs #6 Lakers - L.A. Matchup(4-3)
#4 Nuggets vs #5 Grizzlies - Tough series (4-2)

SacJB Shady 03-16-2013 06:27 AM

The We Believe matchup against Dirk was great. But now we don't believe, and we don't belong, we just, well, we suck

BallsOut 03-16-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
I completely agree. Those are dream matchups.

Lakers vs Spurs rivalry,Harden against his former team,Grizzlies vs Clippers rivalry,battle between two of the most exciting teams in the league in Warriors and Nuggets.

SIGN ME UP

:cheers:

Jazz interchangable with Warriors at this point. Both teams hard to beat at home.

All Net 03-16-2013 03:47 PM

Would love Clippers/Grizzles and Nuggets/Warriors..

CeltsGarlic 03-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
The We Believe matchup against Dirk was great. But now we don't believe, and we don't belong, we just, well, we suck

Let me cure that pessimism, my friend.
Your team has one of the youngest cores to build around and it also has a lot of great assets to use for a trade. GSW are one/two smart moves away from legit tittle contender and add that Klay and Steph are getting better each year - a team that fans dream of. Barnes are also a great prospect.

BlackVVaves 03-16-2013 08:31 PM

That Clippers // Grizzlies rematch would by far be the most entertaining when you consider subplots. A back to back playoff series would solidify this as an official new rivalry in the NBA.

Could we let CF86 back for just two weeks during the series? :lol Won't be the same without him and the Grizzlies posters hurling insults at each other.

Thorn 03-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
That Clippers // Grizzlies rematch would by far be the most entertaining when you consider subplots. A back to back playoff series would solidify this as an official new rivalry in the NBA.

Could we let CF86 back for just two weeks during the series? :lol Won't be the same without him and the Grizzlies posters hurling insults at each other.

oh man, if CF86 comes back, those Grizzlies-Clippers game threads will be 2000 pages long.

Cali Syndicate 03-16-2013 09:24 PM

I'd rather see GSW play the Clippers and Denver against Memphis, otherwise, yes. Totally agree.

I'd make such an effort to watch every game if this went down.

SacJB Shady 03-16-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Let me cure that pessimism, my friend.
Your team has one of the youngest cores to build around and it also has a lot of great assets to use for a trade. GSW are one/two smart moves away from legit tittle contender and add that Klay and Steph are getting better each year - a team that fans dream of. Barnes are also a great prospect.

are u serious? For some reason I don't see it. The warriors don't have anyone that slashes to the hoop and draws fouls plus thru give up threes uncontested

cotdt 03-16-2013 11:08 PM

#1 Spurs vs #8 Lakers - Lakers win 4-1 (Lakers finally get the big 4 playing together)
#2 Thunder vs #7 Rockets - OKC wins 4-2 (OKC's superior defense will take the day)
#3 Clippers vs #6 Warriors - Clippers win 4-0
#4 Grizzlies vs #5 Nuggets - Grizzlies win 4-3