Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bobcats discuss trading Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290029)

insidehoops 02-08-2013 05:46 PM

Bobcats discuss trading Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries

Details of the discussion: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=12338

insidehoops 02-08-2013 06:40 PM

Re: Bobcats discuss trading Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries

Gordon, 29, has a $13.2 million player option for next season. Humphries, 28, signed a two-year, $24 million contract in the offseason, but has struggled ever since, and his playing time has decreased substantially.

-- ESPN NY

onewickedlady 02-09-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Gordon, 29, has a $13.2 million player option for next season. Humphries, 28, signed a two-year, $24 million contract in the offseason, but has struggled ever since, and his playing time has decreased substantially.

-- ESPN NY

Gordon is playing decently. Why would we want to let go of him for a struggling Kris Humphries or a struggling anybody? That's what's been wrong with our team from the get-go. And what if, G-d forbid, Humphries reunites with Kim Kardashian.....................

rufuspaul 02-11-2013 08:15 AM

When Gordon is hot he can light it up, but when his shot is off he's little more than a chucker who plays no defense. At least Humphries can rebound. He's averaging 7/game in limited minutes.

Gordon from the floor the last 3 games: 2-5, 4-13, 3-10.

NBA2k-Monster23 02-11-2013 10:29 AM

Kris would be a good addition to the Bobcats.

onewickedlady 02-11-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
Kris would be a good addition to the Bobcats.

Accepted.

I guess that one issue with the Cats is who we have that other teams would want (well, some of our newer guys) and those who we'd like to get rid of (Diop) wouldn't have any takers. I would have given my eye-teeth for Chris Kaman or Chris Anderson but who would we have to give up to get players like them. But we really do have talent in Walker, Taylor and Mullens and Humphries does have a lot to offer. So I can let go of Gordon. He's sort of like Diaw was. You never knew who was going to show up on any given night.

rufuspaul 02-12-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Accepted.

I guess that one issue with the Cats is who we have that other teams would want (well, some of our newer guys) and those who we'd like to get rid of (Diop) wouldn't have any takers. I would have given my eye-teeth for Chris Kaman or Chris Anderson but who would we have to give up to get players like them. But we really do have talent in Walker, Taylor and Mullens and Humphries does have a lot to offer. So I can let go of Gordon. He's sort of like Diaw was. You never knew who was going to show up on any given night.

So true. He was 1-6 last night.

liverpooty 02-20-2013 04:10 PM

Considering Gordon got into an argument with Dunlap last week this trade would be nice for the Bobcats. Both of their contracts expire after next season so it isn't as if we would be taking on additional salary, and Humphries would help in a department that we desperately need him, and thats rebounding.

rufuspaul 02-21-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpooty
Considering Gordon got into an argument with Dunlap last week this trade would be nice for the Bobcats. Both of their contracts expire after next season so it isn't as if we would be taking on additional salary, and Humphries would help in a department that we desperately need him, and thats rebounding.

I just hope the Nets are serious about it. It seems like they hold the cards on this one.