Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289828)

irondarts 02-06-2013 07:10 PM

2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Here is a thread to discuss the offseason news, including free agency signings, trades, releases and the like.

Today there were some high profile releases:

The Giants released RB Ahmad Bradshaw, LB Michael Boley and DT Chris Canty

The Browns released DE Frostee Rucker

The Lions released DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

-p.tiddy- 02-06-2013 07:19 PM

Re: 2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Rams grabbed Titus Young

could be a good low risk - high reward fantasy pick up next year because he could easily end up being the #1 with Amendola in the slot

he just has to not be a retard which unfortunately is asking a lot from him...

franchise#3 02-06-2013 07:44 PM

Surprised Giants released Ahmad. He's what 26.

Hope the 49ers don't release Gore. If alex and gore are not on 49ers next year :cry:

leopoldstotch 02-06-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Rams grabbed Titus Young

could be a good low risk - high reward fantasy pick up next year because he could easily end up being the #1 with Amendola in the slot

he just has to not be a retard which unfortunately is asking a lot from him...

going to be interesting what the Rams do with him. They seem to be content with Gibson and Amendola. Hopefully Amendola can stay healthy for 1 whole year.

jazz873 02-06-2013 10:51 PM

Donald Driver retires.

AlonzoGOAT 02-07-2013 12:20 AM

Please please dolphins grab a freaking WR of FA, a DE and TE would be nice too.

jazz873 02-07-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Please please dolphins grab a freaking WR of FA, a DE and TE would be nice too.

Would you give up a 2nd for Jennings?

niko 02-07-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
Surprised Giants released Ahmad. He's what 26.

Hope the 49ers don't release Gore. If alex and gore are not on 49ers next year :cry:

Bradshaw is having surgery and is going to miss a few months. He only plays half the time. I get it, it's not a move you would love but i get it.

Carbine 02-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz873
Would you give up a 2nd for Jennings?

Why would they give up a second round pick for Jennings when they could just go sign him and give up nothing in terms of draft picks?

jazz873 02-07-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
Why would they give up a second round pick for Jennings when they could just go sign him and give up nothing in terms of draft picks?

The fantasy of tagging and trading

imdaman99 02-07-2013 01:48 PM

sigh ill miss you bradshaw :( was a big part in both super bowl runs. boley was great last year too.

dont really care about canty, ex-cowboy barely ever made any noise.

i wonder if they did it so they can give cruz the big contract that he deserves.

knickballer 02-07-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
sigh ill miss you bradshaw :( was a big part in both super bowl runs. boley was great last year too.

dont really care about canty, ex-cowboy barely ever made any noise.

i wonder if they did it so they can give cruz the big contract that he deserves.

Bradshaw was expendable and i'm pretty sure they want to give their 1st round pick from a year ago a shot to be the guy. Andre Brown also showed he's a serviceable back as well. I don't know Bradshaw's salary but it's useless to have him if the player behind him is just as good or better, also RB's are a dime in a dozen.

Giants have a few players that they need to resign. Players like Cruz, Brown, Beatty, Phillips and Bennett, also Nicks has 1 year left on his contract and he's probably going to cash in soon.

As for Victor Cruz I think the Giants may need to pick between him or Nicks as both will demand big contracts and I don't think the Giants have the cap to waste that money on WR's. Might be a smart idea to trade Nicks for a possible 1st or second and keep Cruz long term. But I think Nicks is a better player than Cruz

InspiredLebowski 02-08-2013 04:04 PM

Anquan Boldin said if Baltimore releases him he'll just retire, "they'll be my last team."

Real Men Wear Green 02-09-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Anquan Boldin said if Baltimore releases him he'll just retire, "they'll be my last team."

It's funny that Baltimore is on the verge of giving Flacco elite QB money on the strength of a great postseason but may have to cut his best playoff receiver to get him that money.

Anyhow the overall football fan in me wants Boldin to play on but as a Pats fan I don't want to see him in purple anymore. He's not the best receiver or even close but he might be the best at winning the fight for a jump ball.

Jailblazers7 02-10-2013 10:49 AM

Been seeing rumors that Jarvis Jones will slide on draft day and multiple mocks with him going to Pittsburgh. I know its way too early for that and I would be shocked if it happened but I hate the way these rumors tease me with the possibility.