Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Start Darius Morris/Bench Metta World Peace (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289329)

kkinchen 01-31-2013 03:41 PM

Start Darius Morris/Bench Metta World Peace

Metta looked horrible in last nights game against Phoenix, and I think he could help the team more if he came off the bench and played pf with gasol playing center off the bench. He is not a good perimeter defender anymore, he is turning the ball over too much on offense and shooting way too much.

I would like to see this team really buy into the defense-first mentality and start Darius Morris with Kobe and Nash again.

dd24 01-31-2013 04:12 PM

Re: Start Darius Morris

You're comparing people who play completely different positions. If you're assuming people will just slide over and defend someone else out of their position that isn't going to help anything either. Would it really be smart to have Kobe guard Durant, Melo, Lebron, etc, etc? Going small ball isn't fixing anything. The team has been playing fine. Sure the end of the game last night was a let down. What the team really needs is Dwight Howard to get healthy!

lakerfreak 01-31-2013 06:13 PM

Not your best idea kkinchen. Artest has been our second best player all year long. Darius Morris has shown signs of goodness but he is nowhere close to being complete, or even on artest's level. Im sorry this is a very bad idea.

Even if Artest's game was "bad" it was only one game. Don't make rushed decisions.

Edit: If you wanted defense first, then you keep Mike Brown. Not hire D'Antoni to replace him.

Damn it Mike Brown, if you just used last year's system for this year's team, we would be the best team in the NBA.

DKLaker 01-31-2013 06:42 PM

kk, I like you man, you either come up with flashes of brilliance or something completely comical, either way it's always very entertaining :oldlol: :oldlol:

lakerfreak 01-31-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
kk, I like you man, you either come up with flashes of brilliance or something completely comical, either way it's always very entertaining :oldlol: :oldlol:

This forum needs to start having facebook-like features, so I can like the posts I agree with.

tamaraw08 02-01-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not your best idea kkinchen. Artest has been our second best player all year long. Darius Morris has shown signs of goodness but he is nowhere close to being complete, or even on artest's level. Im sorry this is a very bad idea.

Even if Artest's game was "bad" it was only one game. Don't make rushed decisions.

Edit: If you wanted defense first, then you keep Mike Brown. Not hire D'Antoni to replace him.

Damn it Mike Brown, if you just used last year's system for this year's team, we would be the best team in the NBA.

ahhhh, I was thinking of the same thing, I guess, he can thank Kobe for suggesting to implement the complicated princeton offense. :rolleyes:

but wait, :no:
don't let DK see this, he is fully convinced the Brown has no right to coach any NBA team. :(

lakerfreak 02-01-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08
ahhhh, I was thinking of the same thing, I guess, he can thank Kobe for suggesting to implement the complicated princeton offense. :rolleyes:

don't let DK see this, he is fully convinced the Brown has no right to coach any NBA team. :(

lol nah DK at one point admit Mike Brown's season last year was much better than what D'Antoni was doing.

And seriously? Was it really Kobe? Oh my....why didn't Kobe suggest the triangle then?

dd24 02-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

lol nah DK at one point admit Mike Brown's season last year was much better than what D'Antoni was doing.

And seriously? Was it really Kobe? Oh my....why didn't Kobe suggest the triangle then?

It wasn't Kobe. I'm not sure where that came from. Even I'll admit, I liked what Mike Brown was doing better than what 'antoni is right now. That doesn't mean much though, it's just choosing the lesser evil currently.

DKLaker 02-01-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Dude!!!! Can you ever post anything without adding my name....and Kobe to it? It's kinda getting creepy....like a Manti Te'o Catfish creepy level :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

lakerfreak 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

Re: Start Darius Morris/Bench Metta World Peace

Does anyone here think Dunleavy would have done a better job early on until now?

dd24 02-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Does anyone here think Dunleavy would have done a better job early on until now?

Tough to say, I don't know if better is the word. Certainly couldn't be worse.

DKLaker 02-04-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

I think you Lakerfreak could've done a better job :oldlol: :cheers: Heck, Id take kk over 'Antoni.
But neither you nor Dunleavy could win a championship with this team......but there are many coaches who would and at least 2 of those were available when we hired 'Antoni.

kkinchen 02-05-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think you Lakerfreak could've done a better job :oldlol: :cheers: Heck, Id take kk over 'Antoni.
But neither you nor Dunleavy could win a championship with this team......but there are many coaches who would and at least 2 of those were available when we hired 'Antoni.

I could coach this team to a championship. I've been right on about the adjustments the Lakers need to make this year. And now, with Metta out by suspension I know that Morris will step up and take us to another level defensively.

kk

DKLaker 02-05-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
I could coach this team to a championship. I've been right on about the adjustments the Lakers need to make this year. And now, with Metta out by suspension I know that Morris will step up and take us to another level defensively.

kk

You have made a good call or two, gotta give you credit for that :cheers: :oldlol:
Adjustment is not in "Antoni's vocabulary.....geez, was that awful when he had no idea how to handle a zone defense :banghead: :banghead:

lakerfreak 02-06-2013 07:42 PM

D'Antoni has made one adjustment that has worked for the better, and that move is that he doesn't have them run as much. The half court sets look great and that can be attributed to how Kobe and Nash have been running the show. It's good that he's letting them do that.

They don't run unless there is a for sure scoring opportunity. Remember that play against the Nets when Nash threw a half court pass to Kobe ahead of the D for the wide open layup? D'Antoni's system has been altered and improved by his pieces and it has become more of a read n react type of offense. Im enjoying watching it. They've also been defending other teams well. Brooklyn, OKC, Utah, and all the other teams we beat were pretty low scoring. Perhaps its beginning to turn around in the land of 17 championships.