Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   R.I.P. Paul Pierce (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288689)

albas89 01-25-2013 10:50 PM

R.I.P. Paul Pierce

Dear Paul,

You're a lock for HoF...
You're one of the greatest Celtics ever...
You are THE TRUTH...
You were one of the main reasons we got a championship in 2008 and led this team to great success all these 5 years of the Big 3 era...

But you're NOT an NBA player anymore! Call it quits and retire before your legacy takes a major hit, and before you lead the current Celtics team to the bottom of the Eastern Conference...

Thanks for everything Paul but... it's over now!!

CelticBaller 01-25-2013 10:51 PM

Re: R.I.P. Paul Pierce

3 months until pierce's retirement party

Pacers4ever 01-25-2013 10:52 PM

He doesn't look in shape at all.

TheTruth#34 01-25-2013 10:53 PM

He's not done yet. He needs to come off the bench and his minutes reduced thats all. Just needs tweaking a little.

Derka 01-25-2013 10:54 PM

Too many minutes and entirely too much being put on he and KG's shoulders given their ages and respective mileage.

The fatigue and the wear is just more and more evident with each passing game and it sucks to watch.

ProfessorMurder 01-25-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albas89
But you're NOT an NBA player anymore! Call it quits and retire before your legacy takes a major hit, and before you lead the current Celtics team to the bottom of the Eastern Conference...

I've been hating on him all season, but that's too harsh. He's still decent, but he's lost a lot and cannot play like a first, second, or third option on a championship team.

albas89 01-25-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I've been hating on him all season, but that's too harsh. He's still decent, but he's lost a lot and cannot play like a first, second, or third option on a championship team.

You might be right but for the last 3 weeks he's been flat out, single handedly losing the C's some games... this is beyond frustrating! Doc is responsible for not taking him out as well...

G-Funk 01-25-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Dear Paul,

You're a lock for HoF...
You're one of the greatest Celtics ever...
You are THE TRUTH...
You were one of the main reasons we got a championship in 2008 and lead this team to great success all these 5 years of the Big 3 era...

What happened, I don't watch that sorry ass team?

Derka 01-25-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

You might be right but for the last 3 weeks he's been flat out, single handedly losing the C's some games... this is beyond frustrating! Doc is responsible for not taking him out, as well...

You know how a player DOESN'T get out of a rough patch? By sitting on the bench.

Pushxx 01-25-2013 10:59 PM

They are subconsciously unable to get up for the regular season. It's ridiculous. They are C-O-A-S-T-I-N-G. Everyone on this team is lackadaisical.

The Big 3 have proven to be fighters when it matters, but almost nobody on this team is fighting. Courtney Lee, Sullinger, and KG are the only exceptions on a consistent basis.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they make the playoffs.

Whoah10115 01-25-2013 10:59 PM

There is all kinds of fail here.

Of course I'll ignore the OP, as Pierce is averaging almost 19PPG and was at 21 two weeks ago, and had a legit shout at being an all-star.

He's not a 6th man.

He is not being relied upon too much. That's ridiculous. Much less KG. KG is being relied on for defense. Offensively, he's just a guy who doesn't suck. He doesn't attack the glass. I hardly see how he's got too much on his shoulders. He doesn't even play 30MPG.

The problem is that there are too many excuses made for this team. The problem is that the only one who has too much on his shoulders is Rajon Rondo.

It's one thing to ask a guy to carry a crappy team. It's something else to ask a guy to carry a team with as much depth as any team in the league, when he has two other great players -both of whom are leaders-, and when one of those great players is still one of the best players in basketball. You have Rondo covering holes that the team doesn't have. Other guys are not going to play up to par.

If it's all about Rondo, then trade Pierce for off-ball slashers, rebounders, and spot-up shooters. Trade Terry for a spot-up shooter. Keep Courtney Lee and learn how to create a rotation. Get rid of Barbosa, who doesn't play anyway. Just get a bunch of guys to play off of Rondo.

ProfessorMurder 01-25-2013 11:02 PM

^ I don't see how they can claim Rondo is the future of the team, when they've made no effort to get guys who can play the running style Rondo should be playing.

Pacers4ever 01-25-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Funk
What happened, I don't watch that sorry ass team?

You're right you watch an even bigger Piece of shit the lakers :lol

alleykat 01-25-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushxx
They are subconsciously unable to get up for the regular season. It's ridiculous. They are C-O-A-S-T-I-N-G. Everyone on this team is lackadaisical.

The Big 3 have proven to be fighters when it matters, but almost nobody on this team is fighting. Courtney Lee, Sullinger, and KG are the only exceptions on a consistent basis.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they make the playoffs.

Except that they don't fight when it matters....they can't even close out a series in the East

Droid101 01-25-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
^ I don't see how they can claim Rondo is the future of the team, when they've made no effort to get guys who can play the running style Rondo should be playing.

Howard and Nash for Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo and Jason Terry

Since the Celtics and Lakers are both scuffling, why not shake things up with a blockbuster trade that would feature four of the league's biggest names? From the Lakers' perspective, Garnett would be a much better fit in the frontcourt than Howard. His still-elite defense would solve a lot of L.A.'s problems at that end, and his pick-and-pop game would space the floor for Gasol. Getting Rondo as the centerpiece of the next iteration of the Lakers would help salvage giving up Howard, and Terry could provide scoring punch and outside shooting off the bench.

For Boston, the vision would be longer term, as a re-signed Howard would be an anchor for years to come and an upgrade on Rondo in that role. Adding Nash allows the Celtics to remain competitive, and Doc Rivers has plenty of alternatives to Terry in the backcourt now that Avery Bradley is healthy. If Danny Ainge is going to break up the Boston core, he may as well aim as high as Howard.

There are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't work. A Rondo-Bryant backcourt is a tough fit because Rondo needs the ball in his hands. Unlike Nash, he is not dangerous as a spot-up shooter. Pairing two defenders in Bryant and Rondo who like to freelance and take risks could prove disastrous in terms of contesting outside shots. Ultimately, the Celtics probably say no because they take on the same risk as the Lakers of Howard leaving.