Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bubble Watch: UCLA, UNC in, UK Out (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285771)

Kiddlovesnets 12-29-2012 08:57 PM

Bubble Watch: UCLA, UNC in, UK Out

At this point it seems the way it is to me. UCLA will get 11th seed, UNC will be 12th to engage in a first four play-in game, UK will go to NIT.

ukfan22 12-29-2012 09:50 PM

Re: Bubble Watch: UCLA, UNC in, UK Out

haha no

Kiddlovesnets 12-30-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan22
haha no

Oh how so? Your team has four guaranteed losses to Florida and Mizzou(2 home games and 2 road games), and then you have to try to lose no more than 2 games to remain in the bubble hunt. It may sound easy, but not that easy in practice tbh.

ukfan22 12-30-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Oh how so? Your team has four guaranteed losses to Florida and Mizzou(2 home games and 2 road games), and then you have to try to lose no more than 2 games to remain in the bubble hunt. It may sound easy, but not that easy in practice tbh.

we almost beat Louisville on the road today, and would have if not for free throws. Louisville is better than both of those teams.

Overall the league is terrible, they'll likely finish around 13-5 without breaking too much of a sweat, so that puts them at 22-9, easily in. And that's before the SEC Tournament.

also we only play Mizzou once, and that's at home

Kiddlovesnets 12-30-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

we almost beat Louisville on the road today, and would have if not for free throws. Louisville is better than both of those teams.

Overall the league is terrible, they'll likely finish around 13-5 without breaking too much of a sweat, so that puts them at 22-9, easily in. And that's before the SEC Tournament.

also we only play Mizzou once, and that's at home

Oh yeah, thats still 3 guaranteed losses. If you go 13-5 in conference, it will be 22-9 sure. But then you lose in SEC Tournament, which makes 10 losses in the season. At this point how can you be sure UK will get in as a bubble team? They have no good wins, so just one or two bad losses are enough to kick your out.

kNicKz 12-30-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

we almost beat Louisville on the road today

:coleman:

irondarts 12-30-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, thats still 3 guaranteed losses. If you go 13-5 in conference, it will be 22-9 sure. But then you lose in SEC Tournament, which makes 10 losses in the season. At this point how can you be sure UK will get in as a bubble team? They have no good wins, so just one or two bad losses are enough to kick your out.

No way.

If Kentucky goes 22-10 then they are in.

ukfan22 12-30-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNicKz
:coleman:

yes?

ukfan22 12-30-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

We'll get at least 2 in the Tournament as well

you're being kind of silly, you just sound like a hater to me

KG215 12-31-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Can I borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it?

Nothing at this point is a guaranteed loss or win for Kentucky, and to suggest otherwise is silly.

KG215 12-31-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

We'll get at least 2 in the Tournament as well

you're being kind of silly, you just sound like a hater to me

You've been around for a few years now, so you know this is just who Kiddlovesnets is. Thinks he's Joe Lunardi, is the authority on college hoops, and acts like we give a shit about his predictions and opinions. He did this same thing with UNC two years ago and threw ignorant and irrational ignorant hate at Kansas and Bill Self last year. It's an annoying and bad gimmick.

Kiddlovesnets 12-31-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
You've been around for a few years now, so you know this is just who Kiddlovesnets is. Thinks he's Joe Lunardi, is the authority on college hoops, and acts like we give a shit about his predictions and opinions. He did this same thing with UNC two years ago and threw ignorant and irrational ignorant hate at Kansas and Bill Self last year. It's an annoying and bad gimmick.

You must have poor memory my friend. Two years ago I never talked anything about UNC. They were a pretty good team back then, but tbh I didnt give a shit.

Jailblazers7 12-31-2012 08:36 AM

Can we at least get to conference play before making a bubble watch thread?

beer 12-31-2012 08:20 PM

I think all 3 will get in, but Ucla will be the lowest seed of the 3.

EDIT: by lowest i mean worst.

Burgz V2 01-01-2013 11:32 AM

a bubble thread before conference play even starts? relax, nothing to see here folks

individual records are not the only thing considered when tourney invites are decided.

Strength of schedule, conference strength, big matchups, RPI, conference tournament finish etc. UK will be fine. You are saying UK is gonna lose TWICE at home to conference opponents? How often does ANYONE win at Rupp, let alone in one season, to conference opponents. But you say UCLA will make it, even though they are in a weaker conference and already have lost to weaker teams. Give me a break, if you're gonna make a thread about this at least say something smart.