Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Harrison Barnes making a case ... should be picked top 5? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282361)

veilside23 11-24-2012 05:00 PM

Harrison Barnes making a case ... should be picked top 5?

should have been picked by sac over robinson and waiters :) just saying...

potentially a ROY winner as long as he can keep up...

maybe a small sample but as long as he can keep up maybe a lock for ROY :)

showed glimpses that he can ball ... warriors right now just have many scorers but am pretty sure barnes can be a 18-7-4 per game as long as he works for it ...

brandonislegend 11-24-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Harrison Barnes making a case ... should be picked top 5?

He was picked where he belongs, solid floor with low ceiling.

irondarts 11-24-2012 05:22 PM

I'd take him over T-Rob (Who I just don't like much) but I'd rather have Waiters.

Beal, too, looks overrated. I don't know about Beal, he's so one dimensional it's hard to believe he was the 3rd overall pick, it's ever harder to believe people thought he is a better player than MKG.

fsvr54 11-24-2012 05:23 PM

Low ceiling?

I feel like this kid has a superstar ceiling.

veilside23 11-24-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsvr54
Low ceiling?

the cats just needed the defense and hustle of mkg but they could have gone for barnes if only jordan was not bullied because of the prev north carolina picks :D

lilgodfather1 11-24-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Low ceiling?

Unless you're a big man generally superstars can create off the dribble. Barnes can't. Nothing but a black Shane Battier.

irondarts 11-24-2012 05:28 PM

Also, Barnes ain't even sniffing ROY as long as the likes of Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard are still alive.

veilside23 11-24-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
Also, Barnes ain't even sniffing ROY as long as the likes of Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard are still alive.

lets wait and see :)

STATUTORY 11-24-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Low ceiling?

no iso game whatsoever, kid got straight exposed in the tournament last year

good utility player

KG215 11-24-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Unless you're a big man generally superstars can create off the dribble. Barnes can't. Nothing but a black Shane Battier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
no iso game whatsoever, kid got straight exposed in the tournament last year

good utility player

Clearly you two haven't watched any Warriors games this season.

RedBlackAttack 11-24-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veilside23
should have been picked by sac over robinson and waiters :) just saying...

potentially a ROY winner as long as he can keep up...

maybe a small sample but as long as he can keep up maybe a lock for ROY :)

showed glimpses that he can ball ... warriors right now just have many scorers but am pretty sure barnes can be a 18-7-4 per game as long as he works for it ...

Waiters has been quite good this season... Very good, in fact.

Just had a 25-point game last night.

KG215 11-24-2012 06:13 PM

Last night kind of disrupted the roll Barnes had been on because he picked-up four fouls in six minutes in the first half (I have no f***ing clue how that happens) but he's looked pretty impressive the last couple of weeks.

Not only has he started scoring (and scoring efficiently), he's started rebounding. And to the two dipshits who said Barnes has "no iso game whatsoever" and "he can't create off the dribble, he's just a black Shane Battier"...wrong.

He's starting to get his points in a variety of ways: spot-up threes, dribble-drives, pull-up jumpers, and posting up. His handle can still be shaky at times, but as someone who watched all but a handful of his games at UNC, and all of or at least bits and pieces of 8 or 9 Warriors games this year, his handle is much improved so far. It's apparent he spent a lot of time working on that part of his game in the off-season.

He won't put up the numbers to contend for ROY; not playing with Klay Thompson and Steph Curry. Thompson is averaging 15.3 FGA/game and Curry 14.8 FGA/game (albeit at pretty inefficient rates thus far), David Lee is averaging 14.9 FGA/game, so shots are going to be hard to come by for Barnes since he plays most of his minutes with those three on the floor. However, over his last nine games, Barnes is averaging 12.2 PPG and 5.9 RPG; and he's had games of 19 points and 13 rebounds, 18 points and 9 rebounds, and 20 points and 12 rebounds.

andremiller07 11-24-2012 07:07 PM

He would have been a perfect fit in the Kings team (5th pick), TRob may be a great athelte but it just seems like he has no idea wtf hes doing out on the court, imo Barnes is a beast and would have been a epic SG or SF for the Kings but in hinsight everything is easy. He can post up already as well as any SG/SF good shot, finisher and very smart can't ask for more than that.

fsvr54 11-24-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

And players can't add things to their game?

KG215 11-24-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

And players can't add things to their game?

Even if he believes they couldn't Barnes has already proven him wrong.