Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What the hell is this Durant??? (Am I the only one who missed this) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281990)

WeGetRing2012 11-20-2012 02:38 AM

What the hell is this Durant??? (Am I the only one who missed this)

Quote:

Brian is a 16 year-old who can't play basketball, but he still wants to play like his hero, Kevin Durant. At an Oklahoma City Thunder game, Brian gets chosen to shoot a half court shot, misses badly, and hits the mascot in the process. Later on, he gets a chance to meet Durant and expresses his desire to play just like him. When Kevin gives Brian the ball, they (unknowingly) switch talents. Brian becomes a high school phenomenon and Durant is stuck in a supposed "slump". Brian's success comes to the attention of Durant's agent, who figures out what happened to his client. With the Thunder on the verge of missing the playoffs, Brian and the agent try to give Kevin his talent back.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Beebo 11-20-2012 02:40 AM

Re: What the hell is this Durant??? (Am I the only one who missed this)

It's one of those kids movies, don't see anything wrong with it despite how corny it sounds.

InspiredLebowski 11-20-2012 02:41 AM

It's brand expansion. KD's a business, man.

d.bball.guy 11-20-2012 02:45 AM

Clutch 11-20-2012 02:47 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

RoseCity07 11-20-2012 02:50 AM

It's too bad they make this such a kiddie movie. Even Like Mike had a touch of seriousness to it. This looks lower budget than a Disney Channel movie. My god hire some writers and make a good movie.

EDIT: Just look at that font. How original. Basketball texture used for the font of a movie with a NBA player in it. Then the line "Things are about to switch."

Seriously? They're about to "switch" Did a child make this poster?

Patrick Chewing 11-20-2012 02:50 AM

There's already some Oscar buzz surrounding it

bluechox2 11-20-2012 02:57 AM

same season, kevin got called for a record 101 flops with the nba (broadened the rule where having 10 consecutive airballs as a flop) and refs questioning, wtf is kevin doing tanking the season...

InspiredLebowski 11-20-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07
It's too bad they make this such a kiddie movie. Even Like Mike had a touch of seriousness to it. This looks lower budget than a Disney Channel movie. My god hire some writers and make a good movie.

EDIT: Just look at that font. How original. Basketball texture used for the font of a movie with a NBA player in it. Then the line "Things are about to switch."

Seriously? They're about to "switch" Did a child make this poster?

There's people that saw Like Mike? That's the little dude Ciara dumped right?

maybeshewill13 11-20-2012 03:04 AM

GOAT actor :bowdown:

ChrisPosh 11-20-2012 03:11 AM

James Harden really wanted to be in the movie, but the director cast a white guy instead. Given the circumstances of the Houston signing, Durant's been self critical that he didn't push more for Harden's Hollywood debut. Such a shame really.

R.I.P. 11-20-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012

Re: What the hell is this Durant???

No itīs not Durant. It might look like Durant, it might wear the same jersey as Durant, it might say Kevin Durant on the poster and in the text, but it positively is not Kevin Durant. :facepalm

d.bball.guy 11-20-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.P.
No itīs not Durant. It might look like Durant, it might wear the same jersey as Durant, it might say Kevin Durant on the poster and in the text, but it positively is not Kevin Durant. :facepalm

:roll: :roll:

WeGetRing2012 11-20-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.P.

Comprehensive reading will do you well my friend :facepalm

d.bball.guy 11-20-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
Comprehensive reading will do you well my friend :facepalm

Actually, his post makes sense due to the lack of punctuation.

It could be "What the hell, is this Durant?" or "What the hell is this, Durant?"