Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281770)

bokes15 11-17-2012 02:21 PM

The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread

It seems we don't get a ton of responses on the Raps forum on game days anymore so I think it would make sense to make this one big game thread, and we can always make a different one when this one gets a lot of responses.

On todays game @ Boston... Loving what i'm seeing out of Ed Davis. This is what I always wanted of him. I don't care how many points he scores as long as he plays good solid D, rebounds, hustles, good help D, etc... That's what we really need out of him.

Bcogswell 11-17-2012 03:54 PM

Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

I do agree it would make more since to have a game thread in here, however its always nice to see what the opponent's fans think too which would happen in a thread in NBA forum. :confusedshrug:

bokes15 11-17-2012 04:52 PM

I don't have a problem with guys posting in the main forum game threads, it was just an observation. I personally don't post much in those because they tend to have a lot of trolls but it's personal preference. As such, I figured instead of making threads for each game and having 3 or 4 responses to each we may as well just make one and people can come in and make post game responses.

Bcogswell 11-17-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
I don't have a problem with guys posting in the main forum game threads, it was just an observation. I personally don't post much in those because they tend to have a lot of trolls but it's personal preference. As such, I figured instead of making threads for each game and having 3 or 4 responses to each we may as well just make one and people can come in and make post game responses.

Completely understand what you mean and I'll try and come in here and post my opinion during/after the game more frequently. I'll start with tomorrow's game against Orlando :cheers:

Chamberlain 11-17-2012 05:13 PM

I was thinking about doing the same thing bokes :cheers:

I had no idea today was an afternoon game. I've been sitting around bored waiting for tonight. ****.

Bcogswell 11-17-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain

I had no idea today was an afternoon game. I've been sitting around bored waiting for tonight. ****.

Just a heads up tomorrows game is at 1pm est. :cheers:

Sakkreth 11-17-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Just a heads up tomorrows game is at 1pm est. :cheers:

And I have to work :cry:

bokes15 11-17-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain

:lol You didn't miss much. It was just an early afternoon time killer. We lost, as expected. And the only guy who played well on our squad was Ed Davis.

Chamberlain 11-17-2012 07:58 PM

I was suppose to be off tomorrow but got asked to cover a shift. Oh well, probably won't miss much again :lol

Bcogswell 11-18-2012 02:07 PM

Raptors started off strong today against the Magic but are slowly letting them back in the game. Never the less, we hold a 49-41 lead at halftime.

DeMar is playing strong so far leading the team in both points and rebounds with 15 and 4 respectively. :cheers:

bokes15 11-18-2012 03:15 PM

Solid win today. I only caught the second half but Amir's energy was a big pick me up in the 4th. He even pulled his best Al Jefferson impression and knocked in a 3. Demar's aggressiveness is extremely impressive these days. I don't know what happened between last season and this season but he has definitely surprised me with how much better he is at reading the game and making the correct plays. Another extremely impressive game for Jose Calderon. Val only picked up 3 fouls so that was good. Bargnani for the most part another non-factor when the game counted, but we all know what to expect out of him by now.

Legends66NBA7 11-18-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Solid win today. I only caught the second half but Amir's energy was a big pick me up in the 4th. He even pulled his best Al Jefferson impression and knocked in a 3. Demar's aggressiveness is extremely impressive these days. I don't know what happened between last season and this season but he has definitely surprised me with how much better he is at reading the game and making the correct plays. Another extremely impressive game for Jose Calderon. Val only picked up 3 fouls so that was good. Bargnani for the most part another non-factor when the game counted, but we all know what to expect out of him by now.

DeMar was not that much of a factor in the 2nd half, but yes, I do agree he has been much more aggressive to get the rim.

Klieza was also making big shots in the 4th that got the Raptors going down the stretch.

Zan Tabak 11-18-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Klieza was also making big shots in the 4th that got the Raptors going down the stretch.

Raps need to start Klieza over Anderson and especially Fields. He's not the best option to have, but imo he's the best 3 we got!

bokes15 11-18-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
DeMar was not that much of a factor in the 2nd half, but yes, I do agree he has been much more aggressive to get the rim.

I wouldn't call him a non-factor for the entire 2nd half. Maybe shooting wise his offense dipped, but he was all over the boards which actually made a huge impact. They brought him back into the game when they were up 5 with 4 minutes and change to go in the fourth and he grabbed some critical boards and had that alley-oop dunk on the break. I'm glad he's evolved into the type of player who can impact a game even if his shot is off.

Legends66NBA7 11-18-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't call him a non-factor for the entire 2nd half. Maybe shooting wise his offense dipped, but he was all over the boards which actually made a huge impact. They brought him back into the game when they were up 5 with 4 minutes and change to go in the fourth and he grabbed some critical boards and had that alley-oop dunk on the break. I'm glad he's evolved into the type of player who can impact a game even if his shot is off.

Well, Affalo also was doing a good job containing him in that 3rd quarter. I noticed DeMar was settling at times too. You're right, as he was grabbing key rebounds and I hope he can continue to that, besides his scoring.

I don't like the title of this recap though:

It wasn't DeMar who lead the way. In points, sure, but like I mentioned before there was a dry spell for him.

The 3 things that did lead the way was Calderon, the Raptors defense in the 4th, and I will even say the bench play of Amir and Klieza that sparked the run was as good or better than DeMar "leading the way".

Off course, I thought DeMar was key overall (2nd best Raptor today), but titles like that just annoy me when it's not true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Raps need to start Klieza over Anderson and especially Fields. He's not the best option to have, but imo he's the best 3 we got!

I would agree. He's got better more NBA experience, been on the team longer, and can create a lot on the offensive end. Got to roll the dice with him.