Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279943)

MTing 10-31-2012 01:44 PM

Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

The first season as the BROOKLYN NETS has begun!

Come in here to post pre-game, post game, even during the game if you so wish!

MTing 10-31-2012 01:46 PM

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Game 1 Knick vs Nets to be postponed =(
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/10/31/...e-is-postponed
Quote:

Richard Sandomir of the New York Times tweets that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will announce Wednesday afternoon that Thursday night's game between the Knicks and Nets at Barclays Center is postponed.

Previous reports were that the game would go on as scheduled, but mass transit has yet to be completely restored. The subway system is set to resume "limited operations" Thursday.

The Nets' next (now first) game is scheduled for Saturday night against the Raptors in Brooklyn. The Knicks are set to open their season on Friday against the Heat at Madison Square Garden. No replacement date for Nets-Knicks is know at this time.

gigantes 10-31-2012 03:39 PM

Yikes.

MTing 10-31-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
Yikes.

Yeah its ugly down here. I've been off school this whole week. Subways are a mess.

Nets fan 93 10-31-2012 04:19 PM

Down in Jersey classes have been canceled all week. just recently got power back. Sucks the game is postponed. gotta keep people safe though.

D12"Magic" 10-31-2012 04:42 PM

It looks a mess out there.

T. Taylor was said to be stuck in his home in Hoboken and couldn't join the team in practice.

Looks like we will open against the Raptors, they could be a surprise for us.

Kiddlovesnets 10-31-2012 07:37 PM

You made the thread, great! I will make sure to post something in most of our regular season games, lets go nets!
:D

gigantes 10-31-2012 10:35 PM

with this thread and these posts it kind of just hit me how we're down to a very small nets crew here on ISH after all the years of bad teams. i know MT and KLN pretty much pointed that out just now, but i guess i'd been sort of zoning on that fact. :hammerhead:

probably as the "new nets" get rolling the customers will trickle in and this place will get a lot noisier and more interesting / chaotic.

anyway, i think this post will serve as my annual "spread the nets rep around" post instead of doing a full thread. mainly i just wanted to thank you guys for sticking around for so long through the miserable years. also, good to know that so many of you are easy-going, non-drama queens, non-punks. that's refreshing. :P

anyway, i'll start:

MTing
NF93
D12"Magic"
Kiddlovesnets
It's A VC3!!!
alwaysunny
The Nets
wang4three

two reps per day is my new limit, i guess. anyway, i'll keep adding to it as i can...

Kiddlovesnets 11-01-2012 05:19 PM

The game against the Knicks is canceled, we will have to wait a bit longer for the team's regular season debut.

It's A VC3!!! 11-02-2012 11:11 PM

We will be on NBA TV tomorrow. I hope the Nets start off with a win against out division rivals. Let's go Nets. DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.
(Please)

alwaysunny 11-03-2012 10:40 AM

vs team that's going to be on bottom of our division we better win

Kiddlovesnets 11-03-2012 09:15 PM

Nets 107, Raptors 100

Brook Lopez 27pts, 5reb
Deron Williams 19pts, 9reb
CJ Watson 15pts, 6/9 FG

A win is a win, I take it especially at this stage of the season. We have added so many new pieces during the offseason so Id say we need about 20 games to adjust and see how far they can go into the playoffs.

Brook Lopez is a very useful weapon on offense, he actually had 3 reb in first quarter but then its the same story again with his rebounding issue. Deron is a bit passive today, but still ended up with a nice stats 19/9. CJ Watson is a surprise for us, the 2nd quarter performance was magnificent.

Joe Johnson aint playing well, its his first game though so hopefully he will get better in time. Humphries seems to be playing below his skills too, he did not get much mins though. The bench is actually quite decent, :lol at some supposed experts saying our backup players suck.

So anyway, Raptors should be happy they lost only by 7, considering its the beginning of the season and teams need to get into shapes. The next time we meet, it will be a blowout.
:cheers:

MTing 11-03-2012 09:25 PM

Defense is ugly. Raptors had a lot of chances to tie/take the lead because we left them open but they didn't take advantage. Brook looks to be our 1st option when hes on the floor, he looks great.

gigantes 11-03-2012 09:32 PM

i definitely liked how brook was getting fed inside so often in motion or in prime position. much nicer than his slow, mechanical post-up leading to a 10-foot hook shot or whatever. i assume part of that was him getting more physical, or maybe it was just graphic artifacts from the crappy internet feed i was watching. i was also really hoping he would sustain his rebounding pace from the start of the game, though. still a big problem for him, it seems...

andray biatche looking really useful on the 2nd team, as well as CJ watson. pretty cool how the 2nd unit came on and kind of turned things around after the hemorrhage of the 1st quarter, although pretty uncool how that was needed in the first place.

re: defense,
i would like to think that this article by zach lowe about brook is mostly rubbish. if it's not, we might be looking at a problem that's never going to get much better. but i'll try to remain optimistic for now...

It's A VC3!!! 11-03-2012 09:42 PM

Why does Lopez keep drifting away from the basket during a post move? He had a great game despite not grabbing any rebounds. Reggie Evans was a beast on the boards. CJ and MarShon played very well. Joe was a bit upsetting but I'll remain optimistic because it's only one regular season game. The offensive plays are atrocious. I used to praise Avery but he needs to start coaching better or we need a new coach.