Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   General Offseason / Free Agency Discussion (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269813)

Derrick 07-03-2012 02:58 PM

General Offseason / Free Agency Discussion

The Suns have acquired small forward Michael Beasley on a 3 year 18 million dollar deal. They also acquired Goran Dragic on a 4 year 30 million dollar deal that will include a player option on the fourth year.

Walker 07-03-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Dragic to Phx?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
Heard on twitter from WOJ that we want him for 8-9 million, the dragon was also in Phoenix today. :biggums:

I like him but it seems rather strange after just drafting Marshall. Last thing I'd want to see is yet another PG drafted to rid the Suns bench.

Sawbucks23 07-03-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker
I like him but it seems rather strange after just drafting Marshall. Last thing I'd want to see is yet another PG drafted to rid the Suns bench.

I couldn't agree more. If we drafted Lamb then I would love to see Dragic in Phoenix again but we need a good SG, SF, and PF before we even consider getting another PG. Paying Dragic the 10 million he wants is a big risk since he haven't proven himself for a whole year yet.

Derrick 07-03-2012 06:56 PM

Woohoo, Gordon at the U.S Airways center today :applause:

Maniak 07-03-2012 07:18 PM

Didn't we already re-sign Brooks and Telfair?

With Marshall coming in, we don't need 4 PG's....

id love to have him back though

Derrick 07-03-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Didn't we already re-sign Brooks and Telfair?

With Marshall coming in, we don't need 4 PG's....

id love to have him back though

I thought we extended our qualifying offer to Brooks (meaning we can match any offer we want I think since hes restricted?) so hes not necessarily back. Id love to keep Marshall/Dragic.

Maniak 07-03-2012 10:44 PM

i wouldn't even mind losing brooks. marshall/dragic would be the best case in my eyes seeing as I much prefer dragic to brooks and don't really like brooks.

however I think the rockets see dragic as part of their long-term plan. i think the franchise likes him more than they like lowry to be frank.

SunsRisin2DaTop 07-03-2012 10:57 PM

4 years - 58 mill

Eric Gordon, Suns agree on contract

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ax-salary-deal

"New Orleans has claimed all along that it will match any offer Gordon receives, but Gordon is hoping the Hornets do not match."

Maniak 07-03-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunsRisin2DaTop
4 years - 58 mill

Eric Gordon, Suns agree on contract

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ax-salary-deal

"New Orleans has claimed all along that it will match any offer Gordon receives, but Gordon is hoping the Hornets do not match."

Nice to see you back on ISH, SunsRisin.

Gordon probably deserves his own thread, but whatever.

I hope that the Hornets just give up Gordon.

SunsRisin2DaTop 07-03-2012 11:23 PM

Re: Free Agency Discussion

Honestly, I don't see them giving up Gordon THAT easily, but from what I'm hearing Gordon does honestly have his sights/heart set on Phoenix.

imo getting Gordon fills our blaring need for a more than capable slashing, scoring SG to split time with J-Dud.

Now, I'd like to see Dragic back in a Suns uni, he already knows how to run the system, and I personally thought we gave up on him too quick, even though he showed little progression after the breakout Spurs series a few seasons back, also gives me more reason to rock my Dragic jersey! :rockon:

Any word on why we aren't pursuing Brandon Roy or Greg Oden?

I remember Roy straight up torching teams, there was a reason why he was ROY, as a Washington state native and having seen him progress, I've always wanted him in Suns uni.

As for Oden even as a "serviceable big" option, until he can get his knees to "serviceable" state, we've proven that our staff is among if not the best in the business.

Let Brooks go!

highwhey 07-03-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunsRisin2DaTop
Honestly, I don't see them giving up Gordon THAT easily, but from what I'm hearing Gordon does honestly have his sights/heart set on Phoenix.

imo getting Gordon fills our blaring need for a more than capable slashing, scoring SG to split time with J-Dud.

Now, I'd like to see Dragic back in a Suns uni, he already knows how to run the system, and I personally thought we gave up on him too quick, even though he showed little progression after the breakout Spurs series a few seasons back, also gives me more reason to rock my Dragic jersey! :rockon:

Any word on why we aren't pursuing Brandon Roy or Greg Oden?

I remember Roy straight up torching teams, there was a reason why he was ROY, as a Washington state native and having seen him progress, I've always wanted him in Suns uni.

As for Oden even as a "serviceable big" option, until he can get his knees to "serviceable" state, we've proven that our staff is among if not the best in the business.

Let Brooks go!

Injured oden > healthy lopez. I dont quite understand why suns fall in love with shitty players(brooks and lopez) is it their low salary? "Our priority is resigning robin lopez" mfers your priority should be to get solid players not bench players at starting positions. I've seen frye at a restaraunt before, great family man that is loved in phx, but shitty, shitty, shitty player.

Derrick 07-04-2012 12:31 AM

If they match Gordon what next? I hope we dont try to compensate by signing shitty players ala 2010 free agency (childress warrick hedo)

Maniak 07-04-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
If they match Gordon what next? I hope we dont try to compensate by signing shitty players ala 2010 free agency (childress warrick hedo)

I hope that we just cruise the season as a shitty team, get a high pick, cap space, good pieces next season.

Spue 07-04-2012 12:47 AM

I hope we get Gordon. But NO probably match

Maniak 07-04-2012 01:41 AM

http://www.nba.com/suns/video/suns-recruit-eric-gordon