Kobe Bryant Olympics interview
• Knicks forward Julius Randle speaks on 2OT win over Celtics
• No firm timetable yet for return of Bulls guard Coby White
• Deandre Ayton speaks on lack of Suns extension agreement
• G League: Raptors 905 coaching staff announced
• Pelicans and Jonas Valanciunas agree to contract extension
• Jaylen Brown had some breathing issues due to COVID-19
• Jim Boylen named head coach of November 2021 USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying Team
• DeMar DeRozan buys new Chicago mansion
• Celtics re-sign Jabari Parker
• Timberwolves exercise contract options on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels
• Raptors exercise contract options on Precious Achiuwa and Malachi Flynn
• Lakers add Avery Bradley via waiver wire
• Hawks sign Kevin Huerter to contract extension
• Pacers sign Malcolm Brogdon to contract extension
• Grizzlies sign Jaren Jackson Jr. to contract extension
• Rockets add Garrison Mathews, waive Anthony Lamb
• Spurs exercise contract options on Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell
• Hornets waive Wes Iwundu
• Lakers sign Jay Huff to two-way contract
• Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to two-way contract
• Raptors waive forward Ishmail Wainright
• Memphis Grizzlies waive Kris Dunn, David Stockton and Matthew Hurt
• OKC Thunder waive Mamadi Diakite, Justin Jaworski and Oliver Sarr
• Trail Blazers waive Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss and Quinn Cook
• Timberwolves waive forward Vince Edwards
• Orlando Magic waive Admiral Schofield, B.J. Johnson, Jeff Dowtin and Hassani Gravett
• Utah Jazz waive forward Nino Johnson
• Mavericks waive Justin Jackson and EJ Onu
• Sacramento Kings exercise contract option on Tyrese Haliburton
• Dallas Mavericks sign Justin Jackson and E.J. Onu
• Dallas Mavericks waive Carlik Jones, Feron Hunt and Tyrell Terry
• Miami Heat waive DJ Stewart, Javonte Smart, Micah Potter and Dru Smith
• Rockets sign Daishen Nix, waive Marcus Foster
• Atlanta Hawks exercise contract options on DeíAndre Hunter, Cam Reddish and Onyeka Okongwu
• Timberwolves waive Brian Bowen II, Chris Silva, Matt Lewis and Isaiah Miller
• Grizzlies sign David Stockton, waive Ahmad Caver
• Kings waive forward Emanuel Terry
• Timberwolves sign forward Vince Edwards
• Lakers waive Joel Ayayi, Chaundee Brown Jr., Cameron Oliver and Trevelin Queen
• Pelicans waive John Petty Jr.
• Utah Jazz sign forward Nino Johnson
• Utah Jazz waive Derrick Alston Jr., Marques Bolden and MaCio Teague
• Charlotte Hornets waive Jalen Crutcher and Cameron McGriff
• Rockets sign Armoni Brooks and Marcus Foster, waive Tyler Bey
• Grizzlies sign Ahmad Caver and Matthew Hurt, waive Sean McDermott and Romeo Weems
• Lakers waive guard Mac McClung
On the morning of August 18 in the final day of the Olympic basketball preliminary round, Team USA destroyed Germany 106-57. Here's what USA guard Dwight Howard said after the game:
Question: Are you playing as well as you can right now?
Kobe Bryant: Weíre playing extremely well right now. We feel that we can play much better. We feel like we can improve and thatís what weíre going to try to do.
Question: Was it important to come out strong against Germany?
Kobe Bryant: Itís important for us to continue to play hard and play well. Thatís what weíve been focusing on, trying to get better every game.
Question: Now itís win or go home time.
Kobe Bryant: Thatís it. This is what we came here for. Now itís go time. All we're trying to do is get better every day and the last few games we've been getting better. Hopefully we can do that Wednesday.
Question: Can you explain why you are so popular here in China?
Kobe Bryant: To be honest with you I don't know how to explain it. I've been popular here since 1999, but this summer has been... I don't know how to explain it.
Question: Are you going to watch the soccer game between Argentina and Brazil?
Kobe Bryant: Yes, of course. I'll be there tomorrow night. I get to see Messi and Ronaldinho go at it tomorrow at 9 o'clock. I will be there.
Question: Was Phelps in your locker room tonight?
Kobe Bryant: Yes, after the game.
Question: What did you talk about?
Kobe Bryant: We were just talking, shooting the bull. Nothing of substance. We had a good time.
Question: Can you talk about your 3-point shooting, yours and the teams and how much of a focal point was it?
Kobe Bryant: We're getting better at it. It's a game to game thing for us We're starting to understand our rhythm, ehen the shots are coming. We're getting more comfortable and knocking them down.
Question: Anything you worked on tonight in preparation for Australia?
Kobe Bryant: No, you know Australia plays a completely different style of game than we faced tonight. They run a continuity offense, they're very proficient at it. They run hard cuts, set hard picks, they're very smart. That will be a different ball game. I expect them to play hard, to play tough, they're not intimidated. They won't back down. They'll come ready to play.
Question: What about the chemistry on the team?
Kobe Bryant: We all get along extremely well and that helps. Outside of the game, we go out to together and hang out and we normally go out as a pack. I think that helps a lot when you have guys that get along together.
Question: Can you talk about LeBron? I know he loosens everything up in practice, he likes to clown around.
Kobe Bryant: Oh yeah, he's a talker. He keeps it going nonstop. When he's on the floor he's extremely versatile. I mean his style of play fits this style perfectly because we can put him in the middle of the zone. He can make passes, he can make reads and he can play all five positions. His versatility helps us tremendously.
Question: Are you out there to intimidate your opponents? It seems like there's always a dunk or something that really seems to crush them.
Kobe Bryant: No, we just play the game the way we know how. That's what we do. We're not out there to embarrass or intimidate anybody. We just go out there and do what we do best. No matter what the score is, you still have to play hard, so that's what we have to do.