Sonics, Cavaliers, Bulls trade moves Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak
• Knicks forward Julius Randle speaks on 2OT win over Celtics
• No firm timetable yet for return of Bulls guard Coby White
• Deandre Ayton speaks on lack of Suns extension agreement
• G League: Raptors 905 coaching staff announced
• Pelicans and Jonas Valanciunas agree to contract extension
• Jaylen Brown had some breathing issues due to COVID-19
• Jim Boylen named head coach of November 2021 USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying Team
• DeMar DeRozan buys new Chicago mansion
• Celtics re-sign Jabari Parker
• Timberwolves exercise contract options on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels
• Raptors exercise contract options on Precious Achiuwa and Malachi Flynn
• Lakers add Avery Bradley via waiver wire
• Hawks sign Kevin Huerter to contract extension
• Pacers sign Malcolm Brogdon to contract extension
• Grizzlies sign Jaren Jackson Jr. to contract extension
• Rockets add Garrison Mathews, waive Anthony Lamb
• Spurs exercise contract options on Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell
• Hornets waive Wes Iwundu
• Lakers sign Jay Huff to two-way contract
• Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to two-way contract
• Raptors waive forward Ishmail Wainright
• Memphis Grizzlies waive Kris Dunn, David Stockton and Matthew Hurt
• OKC Thunder waive Mamadi Diakite, Justin Jaworski and Oliver Sarr
• Trail Blazers waive Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss and Quinn Cook
• Timberwolves waive forward Vince Edwards
• Orlando Magic waive Admiral Schofield, B.J. Johnson, Jeff Dowtin and Hassani Gravett
• Utah Jazz waive forward Nino Johnson
• Mavericks waive Justin Jackson and EJ Onu
• Sacramento Kings exercise contract option on Tyrese Haliburton
• Dallas Mavericks sign Justin Jackson and E.J. Onu
• Dallas Mavericks waive Carlik Jones, Feron Hunt and Tyrell Terry
• Miami Heat waive DJ Stewart, Javonte Smart, Micah Potter and Dru Smith
• Rockets sign Daishen Nix, waive Marcus Foster
• Atlanta Hawks exercise contract options on De’Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish and Onyeka Okongwu
• Timberwolves waive Brian Bowen II, Chris Silva, Matt Lewis and Isaiah Miller
• Grizzlies sign David Stockton, waive Ahmad Caver
• Kings waive forward Emanuel Terry
• Timberwolves sign forward Vince Edwards
• Lakers waive Joel Ayayi, Chaundee Brown Jr., Cameron Oliver and Trevelin Queen
• Pelicans waive John Petty Jr.
• Utah Jazz sign forward Nino Johnson
• Utah Jazz waive Derrick Alston Jr., Marques Bolden and MaCio Teague
• Charlotte Hornets waive Jalen Crutcher and Cameron McGriff
• Rockets sign Armoni Brooks and Marcus Foster, waive Tyler Bey
• Grizzlies sign Ahmad Caver and Matthew Hurt, waive Sean McDermott and Romeo Weems
• Lakers waive guard Mac McClung
A three-team trade today between the Seattle SuperSonics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls will bring Cleveland’s 6-9 forward Donyell Marshall, 6-7 guard Ira Newble and Chicago’s 6-5 forward Adrian Griffin to the Sonics. In exchange for these three players, Sonics forward Wally Szczerbiak and guard Delonte West have been traded to Cleveland.
“Adrian Griffin, Donyell Marshall and Ira Newble each add a positive dimension to our basketball team,” said Sonics General Manager Sam Presti. “All three exemplify professionalism, while Donyell is a consistent outside shooter, Ira adds versatility to the roster, and Adrian has always been noted for his defensive mentality. The moves today were also important as we look to create future flexibility for our roster.”
The entire trade is as follows:
- Sonics receive: Donyell Marshall (Cleveland), Ira Newble (Cleveland), Adrian Griffin (Chicago)
- Cleveland receives: Ben Wallace (Chicago), Joe Smith (Chicago), Wally Szczerbiak (Seattle), Delonte West (Seattle)
- Chicago receives: Larry Hughes (Cleveland), Drew Gooden (Cleveland), Cedric Simmons (Cleveland), Shannon Brown (Cleveland), 2009 2nd Round Pick (Cleveland).
In 11 games with the Cavaliers this season, Marshall is averaging 3.7 points and 2.7 rebounds per game.
In his 14th NBA season, Marshall has played in 917 career games, including 41 in the post-season. His career shooting percentage from beyond the three-point line is 34.9 percent (870-for-2493), including an 8-for-23 effort this year.
Newble comes to the Sonics averaging 4.3 points and 2.8 rebounds per game for the Cavaliers this season. In his eight years in the NBA, Newble has averaged 5.2 points and 3.0 rebounds per game.
Griffin brings nine years of NBA experience to the Sonics, where this season he is averaging 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds per game. He’s averaged 4.1 points and 3.2 rebounds per game during his NBA career.
Szczerbiak and West came to the Sonics during the off-season in a trade with the Boston Celtics. Szczerbiak played in 50 games for the Sonics this season – West, 35.
In order to complete the trade, the Sonics waived Brent Barry to make the necessary roster spots available. Barry was acquired yesterday in a trade with the San Antonio Spurs.