Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Talking Our "one" Panther thread

Thanks Timmeh.

MOOSE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so first off, W/L predictions for this upcoming season?

The past 2 season have been dissapointments but we have gotten way bigger upfront and looks as if we might have us a running game again.

I'm hoping maybe 10 wins but I think that's a stratch.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

7-9 again. Delhomme sucks coming off the surgery.

He has a problem holding onto the football whenever he's sacked. It seems like half the time he gets sacked (albeit a low number), he fumbles.

Even though he has the 2 receivers that put him on the map and opened the rest of the league's eyes to the Panthers, I don't see the team doing that good, especially relying on the same backs as last year. (Foster's not with the team right? Or maybe I was dreaming.)
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Jonathan Stewart will be a great back in the league. Having Jeff Otah up front will be a huge help. This will also open up the passing game and Jake now has several solid targets. Combine this with Peppers coming to camp looking like a bear ready to kill and I have high hopes. Even if Jake goes down, I have confidence in Moore and Basanez. I think 10-6 isn't a stretch at all.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I was really impressed with Basanez during the last training camp but then he ended up being cut and Moore proved last season that he's not a wimp. I do feel insecure about Delhomme and that may end up being a problem for the team. Fox plays Delhomme even when he shouldn't and that creates losses for our team. And even though I'm jazzed about Peppers, Muhsin and Steve Smith, among others, I question whether the other teams have improved equally or more than the Panthers have. That would keep our team to maybe 8 wins. Last season's coaching changes, which were supposed to be awesome, were a bomb. What's happening on the coaching end for this upcoming season?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I was really impressed with Basanez during the last training camp but then he ended up being cut and Moore proved last season that he's not a wimp. I do feel insecure about Delhomme and that may end up being a problem for the team. Fox plays Delhomme even when he shouldn't and that creates losses for our team. And even though I'm jazzed about Peppers, Muhsin and Steve Smith, among others, I question whether the other teams have improved equally or more than the Panthers have. That would keep our team to maybe 8 wins. Last season's coaching changes, which were supposed to be awesome, were a bomb. What's happening on the coaching end for this upcoming season?
Actually, Basanez was injured in pre-season last year. He is on the current roster.
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarCat
Actually, Basanez was injured in pre-season last year. He is on the current roster.

Thanks for the correction because I could have sworn that he was cut or just plain wasn't signed because we had Carr, Moore and Vinny as well as Jake at the beginning of the season. My bad.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 07-30-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just snapped out of my summer coma and realized that Peppers is in a contract year.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

So Steve Smith punched out Ken Lucas. Discuss...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I just snapped out of my summer coma and realized that Peppers is in a contract year.
So why is that a good thing?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Peppers being in a contract year is a good thing just like it would be if he played for the NBA because if he wants a job next season then he's going to play his heart out this year. (And because he certainly didn't contribute to last year's team).
Old 08-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Peppers being in a contract year is a good thing just like it would be if he played for the NBA because if he wants a job next season then he's going to play his heart out this year. (And because he certainly didn't contribute to last year's team).
Ya but that also means he could leave us after this season.

Case in point: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=3513875

Last edited by TarHeelBorn : 08-01-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Well that's certainly true. The precedent is that usually players in a contract year have the best year of their lives, see Muhammad,Mushin. It's terrible what happenend in practice today. I don't know what kind of testosterone kick Smitty was on, but that was uncalled for. He's done it before.
Too bad he's probably the best receiver in the nfc.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Too bad he's probably the best receiver in the nfL.
Made the correction for ya.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #15
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Panthers suspend Smith for first two games

CHARLES CHANDLER
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com

Posted: Saturday, Aug. 02, 2008

Coach John Fox just announced that wide receiver Steve Smith has been suspended for the first two games of the season for punching cornerback Ken Lucas on the sidelines during Friday's training camp practice in Spartanburg.

Fox, speaking after the Fan Fest scrimmage at Bank of America Stadium, said Smith's actions would not be tolerated and that Smith has been given conditions for the future regarding such behavior.

Fox said Lucas suffered a broken nose.

More details to come.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/104004.html

Well isn't that just freakin great. Way to be a team leader Steve.

So I really see no way that we beat SD in week 1. We should still take care of the Bears because come one, it's the Bears lol.

Last edited by Bobcat4Ever : 08-02-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: